Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smoking Alcohol?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How dangerous is this?

It was a long time ago since I smoked a shot of sambuca and my girlfriend and my mates want to try it but 'cus there lightweights I dont want them collapsing/ dying/ fitting etc because I taught them how to smoke it.

I was thinking of starting them on just a small amount of absinthe or sambuca and see how they go first of all...?

Anyone smoked it and had any bad experiences?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    I dont want them collapsing/ dying/ fitting etc because I taught them how to smoke it.

I was thinking of starting them on just a small amount of absinthe or sambuca and see how they go first of all

Firstly I have no idea how you would smoke alcohol but if they are lightweights why would you want to start them on a drink that was until recently banned in this country!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    To smoke alcohol you get a flammable spirit and set fire to it, then smother it under a glass so smoke builds up then inhale it.

They want to try it so im making sure its safe before I will allow them so to speak becuase I dont want them being damaged by something Ive suggested.

Absinthe is a good choice because its flammable and tastes nice (matter of opinion) and everyone likes it.
  • Options
    i've injected it ...when shooting opium tincture.
    the thought of getting pleasure from such behaviour now seems so absurd ...disgusting even.
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    To smoke alcohol you get a flammable spirit and set fire to it, then smother it under a glass so smoke builds up then inhale it.

They want to try it so im making sure its safe before I will allow them so to speak becuase I dont want them being damaged by something Ive suggested.

Absinthe is a good choice because its flammable and tastes nice (matter of opinion) and everyone likes it.
    but the alcohol will have been burnt off ...meaning no alcohol in the smoke ...
  • Options
    Wouldn't the smoke be pure alcohol thought so inhaling it would still have the same effect..
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    Wouldn't the smoke be pure alcohol thought so inhaling it would still have the same effect..
    why not drink it?
  • Options
    Just something different really :)
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    Just something different really :)
    :chin:
  • Options
    different's bad?
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    different's bad?
    what is the point though?
  • Options
    Its why most people experiment, its just seeing what the different effect is and to add it to a list of things we've done so we can give input if people ask about it in the future. People have heard the hype and I did it when I was younger. Im just making sure there are no dangers to people that arn't used to drinking alot.
  • Options
    I watched my brother serving a sambucca gas cannister to people over the bar in the club he works in. So it can't be that dangerous surely? It was at the beginning of the night when not many people were around - only because it takes a while to set up/do etc. I wouldn't use absinthe, go with sambuca.
  • Options
    i always thought as soon as you lit alcohol it burnt off the alcohol making it weaker. ?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just drink it.

I saw something on TV where alcohol was super-cooled and people breathed the vapour.. but burning it burns the alcohol, making it... pointlss.
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    to add it to a list of things we've done so we can give input if people ask about it in the future. .
    right!
    i'll attempt suicide and self harm and crash my car and go bankrupt ...so i can say i got the t shirt yueah?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    You can't smoke alcohol. Never heard anyhting so stupid.
    When you burn alcohol you turn it mainly into water and CO2 - neither of which will get you high.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    water and CO2 - neither of which will get you high.

so it's like inhaling the fumes from a car exhaust...nice buzz indeed
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    How dangerous is this?

It was a long time ago since I smoked a shot of sambuca and my girlfriend and my mates want to try it but 'cus there lightweights I dont want them collapsing/ dying/ fitting etc because I taught them how to smoke it.

I was thinking of starting them on just a small amount of absinthe or sambuca and see how they go first of all...?

Anyone smoked it and had any bad experiences?

cheers

They might be lightweights but at least their not dumb because it's nor really doing much to you. Can you not drink like any normal person?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    so it's like inhaling the fumes from a car exhaust

Not even that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Not even that.

i must be on about carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide is still dangerous though innit, agh i was never good at science...
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    Firstly I have no idea how you would smoke alcohol but if they are lightweights why would you want to start them on a drink that was until recently banned in this country!!!!!!!!

'Proper' absinthe is still banned in this country.

The stuff we get over here, while still high in percentage, doesn't have as much woodworm in it meaning less thujone per unit/litre. Thujone is the active ingredient which has the hallucogenic properties by the way.
  • Options
    z0ma wrote:
    Thujone.

ooh thujone...sounds nice :yum:
  • Options
    you breath in vapours...which are water and carbon dioxide, you can't actually smoke the alcohol...the alcohol just burns like fuel.
  • Options
    just drink the fucking stuff ok!
  • Options
    just drink the fucking stuff ok!

you got it in one, alcohol is for drinking, E's are for swallowing, speed and coke is for sniffing and cannabis is for smoking, any other way would make the world go upside down (not as though itsn't not already fucked up :chin: )
  • Options
    hum but i've done this thing in the pub where you set fire to cointreau and then put your hand over the glass very quickly to put the flame out and then inhale the fumes - but you don't burn it all - it mainly looks good but also it heats up the alcohol so that its a gas which then gets you drunk v quicly through inhaling.

I hope that kind of makes sense - like you get fucked quicker if you snort coke than if you just dab it etc.

Also in posh restaurants they will heat cognac in the glass before they give it to you - on the same principal I think - no?

ETA: you could always snort it instead - hurts like fuck though
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    hum but i've done this thing in the pub where you set fire to cointreau and then put your hand over the glass very quickly to put the flame out and then inhale the fumes - but you don't burn it all - it mainly looks good but also it heats up the alcohol so that its a gas which then gets you drunk v quicly through inhaling.

I hope that kind of makes sense - like you get fucked quicker if you snort coke than if you just dab it etc.

Also in posh restaurants they will heat cognac in the glass before they give it to you - on the same principal I think - no?

ETA: you could always snort it instead - hurts like fuck though

yeah you can do the same with sambuca too, its done it a few times its alright
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:

Burning alcohol is not a good way to get pissed.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Thank you for those that answered the question about inhaling the fumes, for the others that just said drink it....I appreciate the time you spend posting and I do normally drink it but we wanted to make sure it was at least safe to smoke the fumes.
  • Options
    EmpzB wrote:
    Thank you for those that answered the question about inhaling the fumes, for the others that just said drink it....I appreciate the time you spend posting and I do normally drink it but we wanted to make sure it was at least safe to smoke the fumes.

It's safe put utterly pointless.
    Weekender Offender