Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

temazepam 10 mg

2»

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    3hours ago

    i took 20 mg of temazepam 3 hours ago. My vision is a little bit different but an i no way tired. my doc suggested 10g dosage and i gotta admit, i felt nowt from that. thinking i might just drop another 50mg
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't piss about with the dosages, IIRC you can do yourself some serious damage, like death.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i took 20 mg of temazepam 3 hours ago. My vision is a little bit different but an i no way tired. my doc suggested 10g dosage and i gotta admit, i felt nowt from that. thinking i might just drop another 50mg

    If the recommended dose from your GP isnt working you need to talk to them about it, not just massively increase the dose, which has been said could put you at serious risk.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    10mg is a standard dose, 20mg being the 'higher' dose.

    i didnt find 10 very effective but 20 was.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right, I take 20mg tamazepam. I find the best way is to put it under your tounge and let it dissolve. It gradually makes you sleepy. (A pyschatrist told me to do this)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm 10mg seems like a smaller dose. I thought the minimum for Temazepam was 20mg for insomnia. It's less potent than diazepam too.

    Nitrazepam is probably the best commonly prescribed benzo for sleeping, pretty sedative in doses as low as 10-15mg. Maybe you should speak to your doctor about this.

    Or even better you can scrap benzos completely and go for either Zopiclone or Zimovane, these both work just as well for sleep and you will probably only need small doses to get you off. They are much less addictive and cause less problems than benzos (which you would get for a shorter time for sleep purposes anyway due to dependance).

    Go back to your doctor if the Temazepam aren't working, I'd bet you'd be better on one of the new sleeping aids Zopiclone/Zimovane. They are just as effective and don't have particularly long half-lifes so wont leave you feeling groggy the next day. Diazepam makes me feel groggy the next day now even though I used to wake up feeling fresh as a daisy on them.

    Good luck. Insomnia is quite terrible at times although pretty easily treated short term.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been on diazepam since xmas and i feel better on it then without i sweat, get the shakes, get paranoid and fill very ill if i miss one dose....

    Zopiclone i have used and found it less effective to what i mentioned with the tamazepam.
    I have been on soooo many pills
    diazepam and temazepam unfortunately tend to be very addictive. I could die because of the amount I take and seriously thats not a joke.
    If i were you, i'd try some herbal remedy you dont want to be in the situation i am and docters will only throw pills at you.
    If theres an underlying problem to your not being able to sleep, maybe being refered to a counceller would be a better option
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Exercise does help and if you can relax then quite often you find it easier to get to sleep and have better quality rest. A low dose is sufficient to relax you.

    Why do people find it so hard to believe that human physiology has evolved to cope strategically with arising conditions?

    If you tire yourself out, you will sleep better, there are innumerable studies to back this, apart from the fact that it makes sense. Do the gym if you want, if not try to find a sport you enjoy, avoid alcohol and caffiene immediately before bed and give it a go.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh and lavender oils.... in a burner work a treat
    and a warm bubble bath and a mug of horlicks
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Uprising wrote:
    Or even better you can scrap benzos completely and go for either Zopiclone or Zimovane, these both work just as well for sleep and you will probably only need small doses to get you off. They are much less addictive and cause less problems than benzos (which you would get for a shorter time for sleep purposes anyway due to dependance).

    Good luck. Insomnia is quite terrible at times although pretty easily treated short term.

    I'd agree with that, Zopiclone is much better than the benzo's for insomnia, no hang over and no risk of physical addiction.

    However, chemical treatments should only ever be used in the short term.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zimovane IS zopiclone.

    Ive never had no shitty effects from Temaz or Diazepam. 5mg diaz does nothing for me.


    Question: If Temazepam is less potent than Diazepam, why is it more likely to be abused/stolen? Its kept in controlled drug safes in pharmacies, why?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote:
    Zimovane IS zopiclone.

    Ive never had no shitty effects from Temaz or Diazepam. 5mg diaz does nothing for me.


    Question: If Temazepam is less potent than Diazepam, why is it more likely to be abused/stolen? Its kept in controlled drug safes in pharmacies, why?

    5mg of diazepam does nothing for me i take between 10/15mg three times a day.

    The reason why it is controlled is because it is highly addictive, can be dangerous and people abuse it because of the effects it can cause. When i first took 2mg it did nothing, went to five, it felt like i was drunk, had the giggles and couldn't walk straight because it relaxes your muscles. I have had loads of people asking to buy it from me, but i wont, i need it myself and i'm not going into illegal dealings.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your talkin about diazepam yeah??? Thats kept no different to a box of aspirin.

    Its the temazepam im on about, thats what is kept with controlled drugs.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Diazepam is also a controlled drug.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it fuck.

    Even Temazepam isnt officially a controlled drug, but its kept with them.Which is why i asked why, because someone said its less potent than diaz.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote:
    Is it fuck.

    Even Temazepam isnt officially a controlled drug, but its kept with them.Which is why i asked why, because someone said its less potent than diaz.


    Diazepan is a fucking controlled drug. I have been taking it since xmas and i should only have taken it for up to 3 months but i got addicted.
    And temazepam is the same. i know for a fact i've been on and off pills for 6 years so go and get your facts straight o.k

    http://www.medicinenet.com/diazepam/article.htm

    http://www.drugs.com/diazepam.html

    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a682047.html

    http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Valium.html

    Read away... tons of info
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote:
    Question: If Temazepam is less potent than Diazepam, why is it more likely to be abused/stolen? Its kept in controlled drug safes in pharmacies, why?

    I think it is more widely abused because it is (or was) more widely prescribed.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't think there is any need for this to get so heated, the facts will do.

    Drugscope have some good information on tranquilizers, of which Diazepam and Temazepam are examples. This is what they have to say about their legal status (taken from the link above)
    THE LAW

    All minor tranquillisers are Prescription Only medicines under the Medicines Act. This means they can only be legally supplied by a pharmacist in accordance with a doctors prescription. They are also controlled as a class C drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act. This also makes it illegal to supply them to someone else, the maximum penalty being fourteen years imprisonment and a fine. Until recently, possession was not an arrestable offence if you did not have a prescription, except for Rohypnol and temazepam. Now police can arrest an individual in possession of any minor tranquilliser who cannot show a legitimate prescription for them.

    Under the Misuse of Drugs Act possession brings with it a maximum sentence of two years and an unlimited fine or both. Selling them on can bring fourteen years and/or fine for trafficking

    Also, to clear up any confusion,
    Temazepam is also used by people who inject drugs either as a cheap drug of first choice or when drugs such as an heroin are unavailable. The manufacturers of temazepam changed it from a liquid filled capsule to a gel to try and prevent it being injected, but the practice continued and led to recent changes in the law.
    (emphasis mine)

    Good, that's that cleared up.

    One of great things about the boards is that you get to share your experiences with others, and are helped by knowing what other users have done/seen/felt. A word of caution when you talk about drugs though - everyone has the potential to react in a different way, depending on their motivation for taking them, their state of mind, their health, the environment and about a million other factors. That goes for legal and illegal drugs.

    So while they are useful to hear about, other peoples experience may bear no relation to you. Dosages are a perfect example of this. Weight, gender, genetic factors, previous history of drug use, andstate of mind all have an effect on how large a dosage of any given drug will be effective. It also varies from day to day with the same person.

    Therefore, if you don't think what you are using is working, or you have concerns about how it is working or what it may do in the future, you need to have a conversation with a health professional, preferably your GP - there are always options. And give them as much information to go on as possible, it has to be a two way thing. At the very least, calling NHS direct is an option. If you start playing with your dosage or stop altogether you could make things a lot worse.

    Also keep in mind that things like tranquilisers are often prescribed for conditions to enable you to get to the point where you are able to deal with the underlying causes of your problem, as a bit of a leg up. They won't fix the problem, you still have to work at sorting it out yourself.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sikorah wrote:
    Is it fuck.

    Even Temazepam isnt officially a controlled drug, but its kept with them.Which is why i asked why, because someone said its less potent than diaz.

    Benzo's are Class C under the Misuse of Drugs Act if you don't have a prescription for them.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you people lol

    sorry for getting heated but I knew they were controlled and people really should read up before posting if you do not know about the subject
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think you have made your point , and now we all know, its all good!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ~MINXY~ wrote:
    Thank you people lol

    sorry for getting heated but I knew they were controlled and people really should read up before posting if you do not know about the subject

    READ UP????????

    I work in a fucking pharmacy. I dispense bloody diazepam/temazepam.

    For legal prescribing and dispensing ITS NOT A FUCKING CONTROLLED DRUG.

    CD's have to be specially signed for on delivery by pharmacist only.
    The exact amount is recorded in a CD register on receipt and on dispensing.
    Theyre kept in a locked safe.
    Prescriptions are marked 'controlled drug!!'


    That includes the likes of Morphine, Pethidine, Oxycodone, Methadone, Ritalin/Concerta, Fentanyl patches etc.

    Diazepam for fucks sake gets chucked on the shelf with the likes of aspirin, along with any benzo's(nitrazepam, oxazepam) except temazepam.


    Now that ladyjane posted that i can assume that temazepam is locked in the safe because its favoured by drug addicts.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As it says in ladyjanes quote- its a prescription only drug according to the law, not controlled drug.

    GSL-anything
    P- Pharmacy medicine(e.g, co-codamol)
    POM- Prescription Only (e.g, diazepam)
    POM CD- controlled drug (e.g morphine sulphate)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are several other drugs (codeine the one that springs to mind) that are not actually controlled, but tend to be treated as sucj because of their appeal to addicts/street value. Unless you know for sure, do try not to correct others, it does make you look daft.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes thats my point about the temaz. I didnt know they used to be liquid filled capsules and thats why addicts wanted them, to inject. Hence my question on that.
    But the thing is i do actually KNOW, because its my job.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I don't think there is any way from here but down really.
This discussion has been closed.