Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

funding for C&G

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
basicly, i no longer have funding for my soundengineering course, thus it's been indefinatly postponed until i can get more funding.

As i'm not even 16 yet, i can't any kind of loan, and i can't get a job that would pay for it.

i'm looking at a sum of £1400 that still needs to be paid.

any idea of any organisations that could help, because social services aren't willing to pay for me.

:(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If you aren't even 16 yet, shouldn't you be in school?
  • Options
    i think isn't she like afraid of school or something? or not good with people?
  • Options
    yes. ask for financial help from the institution you want to study at. if its to help paying tuition fees of your course... they will probbaly have some money to help students with that... like most universities do.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    If you aren't even 16 yet, shouldn't you be in school?

no shes just got back into england and is in care whilst they sort this out and shes was doing a c+g organised by her music college in spain which is a franchise of an english based private music school company

or something like that - partial fees were paid but now her mums cut it off now

personally i was thinking of princes trust ro something but thats starting your own business based really, or doing a good job of convincing social services

this is cases where i think a voucher system would work best
  • Options
    excuse me for being umm...well. but can't you get a job?
  • Options
    i need £1400 for the rest of the course, i'm under 16 in care not yet in school because they are trying to move me, and i can't get a job thats going to pay for this course.
  • Options
    aren't college courses free up to the age of 19?

I've just done a C&G like evening course, and if you were under 19, on a low income (£14,600 or less), unemployed or on benefits, you didn't have to pay course fees.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    aren't college courses free up to the age of 19?
    i think they are actually. but i think its if you are full time which is to say, you have to do a min of a specified no. of hours per week at college?!
    if you are unwaged or whatever, do what i said before and ask for some financial help from the institution you are going to for help with your fees.
    also, do seriously consider getting a part time job to help finance your studies.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    also, do seriously consider getting a part time job to help finance your studies.

yeh that's the point i made but then remembered she's still 15 and might struggle.
  • Options
    it's an online course, thats the problem, it's not a college course, and even if it was i wouldn't be able to go till september after next, and i'm ment to be taking my exam in december.
  • Options
    not sure if this would be of help or not... but you could try asking learndirect about finance issues for your course, since it is online?!
    http://www.learndirect.co.uk