Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Acid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im intending to try acid soon with a friend of mine, and i have a few questions. Just how trippy is it? Are you in antoher world or are you aware of your surroundings? would it be necessary/highly recommended to have a sitter with you, or would u be ok on ur own?

Comments

• Options
    depends really, acid is a most unpredictable drug, it all depends on the person and the tab itself, personally my effects were less subtle, i doubt you'll be totally in a different world unless you totally cane it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Im intending to try acid soon with a friend of mine, and i have a few questions. Just how trippy is it? Are you in antoher world or are you aware of your surroundings? would it be necessary/highly recommended to have a sitter with you, or would u be ok on ur own?

You don't want anybody who's staright hanging around askingif your alright all the time.
    Acid can be very strong but I've always found I'm aware of my surroundings, even after quite high doses.

What you need is a place to be able to relax and make the most of the experience without being bothered. You'll also need a place to crash because quite often the 'trip' will go on longer than you want.

Don't go into it feeling scared, but going into it feeling nervous is quite normal.

Enjoy it. I do.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Very hard to describe, it's visual and mixes all your senses. You know where you are but nothing is how it should be, it also has a strong chemical feeling. As it's been said dont have anyone around you're not comfortable with, and best if everyone there is on it too or you'll just feel wierd with them.
  • Options
    Set and setting are incredibley important when it comes to LSD, make sure you personally are comfortable with things, and that your enviroment is stress free.

It can be a very insular and introspective drug, but others find it really visual, its quite varied.
  • Options
    I recommend to have someone with you. The first time I done acid I saw people walking around with big tarantulas on their head. Its like whenever you close your eyes, you still think their open but in a different world. Its like having a dream but you think your really in it and its reality. TO be honest its trippy shit.
  • Options
    I spent most of my teenage years out of it on something or other. Acid was my 'every day' drug. We used to go over the park during the school holidays and spend the day talking to the flowers!! I would never preach about drug taking - even to my own kids - but be careful. Get your facts straight, make sure you are somewhere comfortable and with people you trust. I have just turned 30, and I am beginning to see the effects of all the drug taking. I was 14 when I started smoking puff, 15 when I had my first trip, and at 16 discovered e's and coke. I never went down the crack or smack roads - saw too many friends turn bad. But now my health suffers. I get really bad headaches, I have to write everything down, cos my memory is so bad, and I suffer from back pain. Nowadays, I am a boring housewife with two kids. I gave up most of the drugs when I had my first baby (7 yrs ago) however, I still hang on to my puffing. I think it is the only thing that keeps me sane!! Now I know this is wrong to say, but to anyone thinking about taking a trip or e for the first time, go for it!! Just be safe and go slow. HAPPY BUZZING!!
  • Options
    Haha, no-one has mentioned the strength.

How would you test the strength of acid or the types of psychactives? eg, length of time, come down and whether auditory and/or visual? Blotters, shrooms etc.
  • Options
    How would you test the strength of acid or the types of psychactives? eg, length of time, come down and whether auditory and/or visual? Blotters, shrooms etc.

What on Earth are you on about?
  • Options
    strength of the trip. Is all blotters/shrooms the same strength?

sorry, old skool head on :blush: if a novice punter is asking, why not fill him in?
  • Options
    No, not all bloters are the same strength.
  • Options
    and???? so what will happen?????

what about windows (red or white) purple Ohmms against microdots supermen strawberries etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.............

What about the strength of the shrooms??????? There are four different levels of strength, leading up from the novice punter, to the connoiusuer (Philosopthers stone!!!!!!!!!!!!) would you really suggest munching truffles for a first time punter?????

sorry i'm off this board, it'd doing me head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:
  • Options

what about windows (red or white) purple Ohmms against microdots supermen strawberries etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.............

What about the strength of the shrooms??????? There are four different levels of strength, leading up from the novice punter, to the connoiusuer (Philosopthers stone!!!!!!!!!!!!) would you really suggest munching truffles for a first time punter?????

I dont suppose you could provide evidence that weight for weight truffles are stronger?

Yes, as I said, blotters are different in strength, this will mean the experience will be different in strength.
  • Options
    With truffles you only need a small amount, 5g or even less of dried can have good effects. They're still good for a first time user though because with a small dose you get a good buzz and visuals with less chance of losing control.

With acid you never really know, I did do a lot a few years back but personally I wouldn't touch the stuff again there are too many long lasting after effects. Some people might get over it fine and others still have it in their system for months or even longer. The next day you feel like shit. With shrooms you can have a good night and feel fine after.
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Im intending to try acid soon with a friend of mine, and i have a few questions. Just how trippy is it?

That depends on what you take, how much chemical is on it, how old it is, how it's been kept, how susceptible you are, and so on.

You could try just taking a quarter or half of your acid tab, and seeing if you notice any effects after about twenty mins or so. If you're too fucked to remember to take the other half then you won't need to.
    Are you in antoher world or are you aware of your surroundings?

Hmm. I would say that you remain in this "world" but that the surroundings can become very distorted. One trip can be very different to another though, it depends on lots of factors, like your mood, who's around you, where you are, and such. Most of my trips were always very mental (as in lots of thinking) and less visual (some bending of objects and colours, but not total distortion like some people get). Other people have different effects.
    would it be necessary/highly recommended to have a sitter with you, or would u be ok on ur own?

Personally I would do my first trip with some good friends, who are also doing acid. I wouldn't do it with people I didn't know, and I wouldn't do it alone, because I think that would overcook the paranoia. Whenever non-lsd takers are around they tend to ask if you are ok which is an interesting question to answer.
  • Options

You're chatting utter utter shite. Again. There is no way to gauge the strength of LSD from which type of blotter you have, although microdots tend to be stronger than blotters (but not always). Different types of shrooms might have differing levels of psilocybin in, but this varies wildly and is in no way an accurate measure of how strong the trip will be.
    sorry i'm off this board, it'd doing me head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Don't slam the door on your way out.
  • Options
    Vray wrote:
    Some people might get over it fine and others still have it in their system for months or even longer.

The actual chemical is gone very quickly, but some people do have lasting mental after effects.
  • Options
    woooaaahhhhhh, such convivial debate huh?

>>>You're chatting utter utter shite. Again. There is no way to gauge the strength of LSD from which type of blotter you have, although microdots tend to be stronger than blotters (but not always). <<<<

D'oh! I never said there was did i plum? but, i would say to novice punters, just try half for the first time! as other than word of mouth, that is the only safe way to test.

>>>Different types of shrooms might have differing levels of psilocybin in, but this varies wildly and is in no way an accurate measure of how strong the trip will be.<<<<

D'oh! The dose can be any thing from 35 micrograms to 400 mcgs. just 100 mcgs can provoke dramatic effects for up to 12 hrs.

psilocybin is only found in 'some' shrooms. You forgot to include DMT and LSA.

Brum le Plum - Are you an ex- Leary experiment gone wrong? :chin:
  • Options

Please name one mushroom which has either of those two chemicals in it.
  • Options
    woooaaahhhhhh, such convivial debate huh?

>>>You're chatting utter utter shite. Again. There is no way to gauge the strength of LSD from which type of blotter you have, although microdots tend to be stronger than blotters (but not always). <<<<

D'oh! I never said there was did i plum? but, i would say to novice punters, just try half for the first time! as other than word of mouth, that is the only safe way to test.

No, that isn't what you said.

>>>Different types of shrooms might have differing levels of psilocybin in, but this varies wildly and is in no way an accurate measure of how strong the trip will be.<<<<

D'oh! The dose can be any thing from 35 micrograms to 400 mcgs. just 100 mcgs can provoke dramatic effects for up to 12 hrs.

Brum le Plum - Are you an ex- Leary experiment gone wrong? :chin:

DMT and LSA are not found in shrooms. DMT is in certain grasses and reeds, LSA is in Morning Glory Seeds and Hawain Baby Wood Rose.

You're so full of shit.
  • Options
    IS THIS CHILDISH OR WHAT?

He asked about ACCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

WHO SAID THAT ABOUT LSA OR DMT?
  • Options
    >>>>>>>>No, that isn't what you said<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:confused:
  • Options
    >>>>>>>>No, that isn't what you said<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The thread was about Acccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddd.

If your gonna jump to conclusions and jump down peoples necks, then get your facts right. :shocking:
  • Options
    IS THIS CHILDISH OR WHAT?

He asked about ACCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Are you feeling OK?
  • Options
    We call it, Aciiiiiiieeeeeeeeed!

I think John the Hippy has knecked a bunch of tabs myself, if not them i'm very worried... ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

You implied that there are shrooms with both LSA and DMT in. There are not.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JimV wrote:
    If you want to carry on repeatedly posting the same thing then I'll try out repeated hitting the ban user button

How come you have come up as a 'newbie'?