Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Consequences of drug taking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, me again.
Could anyone help me understand whether people that take drugs fear the consequences of their drug taking on their body for one? I'm not meaning to lecture, I'm just interested. I as part of being a student drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol and I am well aware of this. Thus, I try to cut down or drink more water, etc.
Do people hold a fatalistic attitude to it all- "I'm going to die anyway, may as well enjoy myself" or is it that people think their body is immune to the risks- that just happens to others that can't handle it,etc.
Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definately a fatalistic attitude if that's what it's called... I wanna try everything once n if I like it I'll keep doing it.
    I'm prepared to take the risk that I might die one day soon and at least when I die I can say I've done more with my life than a 40yr old who's never tried n e thing 'dangerous'.
    Hello,
    could you possibly tell me your age or a age group you fit in, e.g. 20-25. Do you think this kind of drug taking attitude is exclusive to your age group? Or is it getting younger/ older?
    Thanks.
    yeah I'm 18, hang around with 17 to 21 yr olds usually.

Started drugs when I was 13 was most seriously into them when I was 16 n although calmed down a lot I still do em quite heavily compared to most people.

Definately not exclusive to that age group but maybe an average of 14-25 yr olds r the people who mainly use drugs

[This message has been edited by Daze (edited 22-08-2000).]
    Thanks for your help,
    it has been very useful.
    Any other comments or suggestions regarding my desertation are very welcome.
    Nicola.
    I've been on speed to help with the depression of being dumped. Speed is shit and so is heroin as I was on that as well. Its very easy to do coke and not get addicted. you just gotta divert yourself. its when you get heavy that your in trouble. cracks a little bit harder though. Everyone gives drugs a bad rap. Daniella westbitch was a heavy coke abuser for SEVEN years and she had a car smash and the whole in her nose was edited, its nowhere near that big. I don't do it too ofter and i certanly dont plough into every wall in my car so im alright.