Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would it be wrong to destroy a mobile phone that had the 'Crazy Frog' ringtone on it?

Last Sunday saw what many have called the death of music as we know it: the day when a fucking dismal, shitty, absurd and incredibly annoying track based on a shite ringtone reached no. 1 in the charts.

The ringtone in question was of course the 'Crazy Frog', which anyone with a TV set in their living room will be familiar with.

There have been many complaints to OFSTED about the incredible high level advertisement bombardment we're being subjected to by the people behind it. They are obviously making an absolute killing from stupid kids who shouldn't own a mobile phone in the first fucking place, and the odd adult who is in desperate need of a slap. Sadly OFSTED is powerless to limit the number of ads those fastidious cunts are bombarding us with.

In such circumstances, if a person on your bus/train/classroom/office was found to have the Crazy Frog ringtone on their mobile phone, would it be so wrong to smash it to bits on the spot and tell them not to even think about doing it again?

Surely it'd be for the greater good of all of us...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But they'd only get another one...

I think in these circumstances the ultimate punishment is called for and you allowed to push the perpetrator in front of the nearest moving vehicle.

Harsh, but its the only way...
  • Options
    You can't beat the frog. When you truly understand that, you'll find a way to live with the frog and maybe even appreciate his style.
  • Options
    Ofcom?

Was there this much fuss when Mr Blobby went to no.1? Or the Spice Girls for that matter...

I really don't understand why people are so irritated by it. There's a lot of shitty music about anyway.
  • Options
    This is the foulest act this country has ever done. You want evidence we are heading down a moral sewer this is it.

As much as I loath censorship this company must be closed down, this 'tune' banned and those who have purchased it flogged.
  • Options
    See what I mean? ^
  • Options
    What i find the most annoying about it is when its on a website advert, it just plays over and over again :mad:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    This is the foulest act this country has ever done. You want evidence we are heading down a moral sewer this is it.

As much as I loath censorship this company must be closed down, this 'tune' banned and those who have purchased it flogged.

Anyone found in possesion of the CD or ringtone should be chemically castrated.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    See what I mean? ^

I presume you have seen the adverts? You have heard the tune? How can any decent society put up with something like that?
  • Options
    I don't pay attention to adverts and I don't watch much ITV.

And it's not the worst advert around...

esure_micheal_winner.gif
  • Options
    No, I'd say the crazy frog is far worse than that, and of course that isnt a ring tone, picture, number one single......
  • Options
    The astonishing number of times the ads are broadcast should simply not be tolerated. End of.

At a deeper level this craze (no pun intended) does indeed indicate a deterioration in society at several levels. From the relentless capitalist society that now infects all of us including children (why oh why should a child own a mobile phone, let alone being allowed to spend hundreds of Pounds a year on irrelevant calls, games, ringtones and other downloads) to the effect the internet is having on the music industry, to the all-consuming popular "culture" and the constant dumbing down of the population by all media available... there is something very wrong about all of it.

Jamster are a bunch of exploitative cunts anyway who should be put against the nearest wall and shot.
  • Options
    Anyone I hear with that ringtone will be getting a punch. Simple.
  • Options
    The people who came up with the idea of marketing it the way it has should be locked up. Shows that no matter how dumb something is if its pushed enough people will by it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think it shows how many adults shouldnt be allowed to vote.
  • Options
    Its a goddamn phone ringtone. Just ignore it, im sure you are all capable of switching channels when the advert comes on.
  • Options
    Its a goddamn phone ringtone. Just ignore it, im sure you are all capable of switching channels when the advert comes on.

I have actually tried that and it was on 3 channels pretty much at the same time.
  • Options
    Switch to another one, im sure it wont exert you too much to push the button once more.

Or betteryet turn to your beloved BBC where there are no adverts.
  • Options
    It's just because they're the first company to realise the possibility of downloads being included in the music charts - mainstream music will catch up in no time and then you'll be back to the usual crap at number one.

Or some good musicians who have fuck all distribution resources will be able to grab on the band wagon and get some better music up the charts.

And to be honest young kids pushing a song to number one that older people don't like? Never heard of that happening.
  • Options
    You always have weird number ones in England.
    I just can't understand why they couldn't have waited a week or so, so Coldplay could get the honour. Their song is absolutely beautiful.

Also there was probably an effect which made it possible, when it was reported in the tabloids that it might reach number one, as people probably though... What a joke, lets support it and laugh along.
  • Options
    When I was at work, in the toilets, we were trying to push the girls out to go home and one of their phones went off. Unbelievably it was that Crazy Frog. I looked at her strangely then started laughing as I didn't realise people really used that ringtone, especially now as most people do dislike it.

I'll admit I had the ringtone when it first came out as well with the chick. But never used them as ringtones, just to piss off my mates. Love the dragon haha, though would never give Jamster my money for any of their ringtones.
  • Options
    Switch to another one, im sure it wont exert you too much to push the button once more.

Or betteryet turn to your beloved BBC where there are no adverts.

Unfortunatly Formula 1 isn't on the BBC anymore, the only time I even touch ITV.
  • Options
    TO answer the original question, yes, it would be wrong to destroy a mobile telephone with that ringtone on. It would be a waste of a good mobile.

Destroying the owner of said mobiles would be fine though :thumb:
  • Options
    i swear that you normally dont payfor the ringtone either but 'subsribe' to their 'club' and enter an agreement to pay them for a new ringtone every so often

anyway i dont know who actually likes it :s
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Renzo wrote:
    Unfortunatly Formula 1 isn't on the BBC anymore, the only time I even touch ITV.

And notice how EVERY break has TWO adverts of the frog in it? You can even hear it in the kitchen, getting drink and food...

I think everyone who bought it should be sentenced to 24 hours of the crazy frog, like the SAS and the white noise, but with the crazy frog. They'd soon learn...
  • Options
    Anyone I hear with that ringtone will be getting a punch. Simple.

:wave:

lmfao :lol::lol:

Moaning gits....................the lorra yer (well most of yer) :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

:impissed:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Haha.. what if you rigged it so every time someonetried to buy it they exploded?

If only...
  • Options
    Its the summer time this is novelty tune season. Oi Aladdin, having heard some Spanish pop I would have thought this was right up your street. :p
  • Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't this craze started by scallies thinking it's cool?

In answer to the question I don't think you should destroy the phone, destroy the persons will to live instead.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    TO answer the original question, yes, it would be wrong to destroy a mobile telephone with that ringtone on. It would be a waste of a good mobile.

Ditto

And there's someone I know who actually does the annoying frog thing nearly all the time in school...