Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone on 02??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
am trying to use my new simcard and ive lost all the stuff that was with it Ive only got the simcard...

...ive put it in my phone and it seems to be working, it sent me some service updates i needed to save but do i need to call them and register it??

Also it was ment to be the 300 free txts a month, would this start working straight away if i top up with 10quid? and if i call them can i get it changed to 100 free minutes a month??

AAAAnd finally..what are the numbers i call to speak to o2, top up, find out balance etc???

Sorry Im asking all these questions, o2 website was confusing me, i cant find what im looking for..

Thank you!!

Comments

• Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Computers Net & Tech tbh.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    umm the numbers for 02 should be saved on the sim card? but off the top of my head to find your balance is *#10# and top up is 4444 and customer care is 4445

as for the txts it can take up to 48 hours for you to start getting them free
    The numbers should be saved on the SIM and automatically saved into your phonebook. I think the numbers Gav said are right though.

And the texts can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 days to come through free.
    and never let your balance get to zero, or your free texts stop workin, and its so so annoying!! so make sure u always keep a few pence on wen you make a call when your low on credit. think all those numbers are right like
    The numbers are saved into the phone, i was just being silly, but the customer service number when i call it tells me its the top up number. Im all confused. I just wanna find out my phone number!
    kate2419 wrote:
    and never let your balance get to zero, or your free texts stop workin

They still work on mine...although I rarely if ever let my balance get that low.
    well call a mate or a landline, and do 1471 or get your mate to tell u the number u dialed them off :)
    They still work on mine...although I rarely if ever let my balance get that low.

really?? im well jealous!!
    I think you have to pay to call their customer service line from your mobile, and my house fone is blocked to mobiles. Ill have to wait untill Im with someone else to call them.

Same. But my balnce often does get that low :p
    Same. But my balnce often does get that low :p
    Yeh, but I text WAY too much so I always spend money I don't have on credit. It's actually really bad :|.

And you never text me anymore ;(.
    Yeh, but I text WAY too much so I always spend money I don't have on credit. It's actually really bad :|.

And you never text me anymore ;(.

I don't text anyone, really. Stupid siemens phone. Anyone would like to recommend a reliable phone that doesn't break down and works on o2. And preferably, doesn't break the bank. I'll buy it with the £50 JimV will give me for doing that survey :thumb: :)
    I have a Siemens phone too and it hasn't *quite* killed itself yet (even after being thrown at a wall :p).

Will be getting a new phone soon as I get paid :D.
    I don't text anyone, really. Stupid siemens phone. Anyone would like to recommend a reliable phone that doesn't break down and works on o2. And preferably, doesn't break the bank. I'll buy it with the £50 JimV will give me for doing that survey :thumb: :)

Well what's doesn't break the bank, is that £50, £80 £120 or what :p
    beans wrote:
    Well what's doesn't break the bank, is that £50, £80 £120 or what :p

I.e not £200. £100 would be reasonable, but you know...
    Does it need to have a camera or bluetooth or any of that jazz?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-pd-ProductDisplay?S=20&PN=PAYGO&display=10000&SORTFIELD=MinimumPrice

there is loads for around £100 here and have you tried www.tescomobile.com cause we have loads in store that are cheaper than if you were to buy them at the car phone warehouse.
    beans wrote:
    Does it need to have a camera or bluetooth or any of that jazz?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-pd-ProductDisplay?S=20&PN=PAYGO&display=10000&SORTFIELD=MinimumPrice

there is loads for around £100 here and have you tried www.tescomobile.com cause we have loads in store that are cheaper than if you were to buy them at the car phone warehouse.

I've got a phone with a camera and infra red and all that. Doesn't work. I want a phone that works, and always works, and doesn't break!
    I've got a phone with a camera and infra red and all that. Doesn't work. I want a phone that works, and always works, and doesn't break!

I had a 3200 for a year and a bit it was a robust little bugger i must have dropped it a billion times, you used to be able to buy them for £80 a while ago. To be honest i think you must be unlucky because all the phones i've had in the past 3 years have worked fine, never broke or anything and i've sold them all on. Just all the old nokias like 3310's used to freeze and break and shit.
    I had a nokia 3510i but it was boring so i got a siemens cx65 but it has so many bugs. Sometimes if you press a button it just turns off! It doesn't pick up texts till you send one, sound goes on and off, all sorts.
    I had a nokia 3510i but it was boring so i got a siemens cx65 but it has so many bugs. Sometimes if you press a button it just turns off! It doesn't pick up texts till you send one, sound goes on and off, all sorts.
    Mine does that. As did my last 2 Siemens. The 6 button doesn't work properly either anymore, and some of the other buttons sometimes don't. Although it's been better than my old one, despite this one having been thrown against a brick wall and that one not.

I have decided that for my next phone I want this.

Mmmmmmmm sexxi...
    I wouldn't buy another Siemens. My last one forgot all my numbers. :mad:
    ive never really had any problems with any nokias or my samsung :heart:

touch wood.