Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wake up, eat, go to sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does the cyclic routine annoy anyone else? Every single bloody night we go to sleep because our bodies demand it. I don't know, just last night before I went to sleep I was thinking about it, how we don't have that much of a choice in what we do because our body compells us to do things.

Comments

• Options
    There are ways around the body indicators of course, though they are purely short term measures.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Its all a government conspiricy so they can program us to believe what they want.

Its why Michael Howard doesn't sleep.

:yeees:
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Its all a government conspiricy so they can program us to believe what they want.

Its why Michael Howard doesn't sleep.

:yeees:

You what? :confused: you ok there?

And I know you can overcome it short term, but we have all these political notions of liberalism and all sorts. Freedom. Independence. But we're still wild animals or machines depending on which analogy you understand better, who are still driven by instinct and needs. Was talking to my girlfriend once, and she said she'd read somewhere it takes 3 days of no food to completely destroy society etc.
  • Options
    You what? :confused: you ok there?

And I know you can overcome it short term, but we have all these political notions of liberalism and all sorts. Freedom. Independence. But we're still wild animals or machines depending on which analogy you understand better, who are still driven by instinct and needs. Was talking to my girlfriend once, and she said she'd read somewhere it takes 3 days of no food to completely destroy society etc.

We'd all be hungry...I can understand why it might 'destroy society' merely as we'd start to claw for food and it's one of our fundamental needs.

I couldn't get fed up on the routine. I don't sleep that many hours a night so I don't feel like it's eating a way too much of my life. You could say we're ruled by needs and instincts, but as their our own and not that of something detached from us we can still gain some sense of selfcontrol.