Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

the media

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know about any1 else, but do you think that the media are rpo or anti drugs?

Look at the Leah Betts case. the majority of the media reported that she had died from extasy, but failed to mention that she consented to take the drug. the way the reportd it, it was as if she had been spiked. most drug deaths are reported in the same way. I was at sundissential in brum when the clubber died, and the next day, read the reports of his death. they all seemed to say that it was the clubs fault, not the lads for taking the drug in the first place!!

the worst case i have seen of hypocracy, was in a magazine. it extolled the dangers of taking drugs, but what was on the next page sor 2? adverts for cigarettes and drink!!
the 2 most addictive and lethal drugs in the known world!!

I have heard a lot of people spuot on about how drugs are angerous, but how many say be educated? only 2 or 3 that i have seen, and they have all been club culture agazines, and it's in their interests to do it. and when they do, they get in hot water for it (ie ministry mag last year)

what does everyone else think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What the media say about drugs is usually a load of shit. They make all these bad reports about them to try n make people stop taking them. The real facts about drugs are, if ever, rarely printed and when they are printed they will be in some sub-section that u are unlikely to read. If something goes wrong with then it's all over the front page.
    It doesn't surprise me that people say this but I wouldn't really listen to n e thing the media\governement say cos its rarely the full story.
    Its just a load of propaganda shit, ignore it.
    the media never tells you any proper advice about drugs..
    sometimes i`m sure they glamourise drugs as well..
    i`m sure that girl (bettes, or whoever) that died from an E did more than one but died from drinking to much water... thats where the advice things are wrong, you shouldnt drink pints and pints of water..
    This Leah Betts thing...
    I dunno what happened exactly... just heard she dropped 2 pure MDMA pills which r pretty damn powerful n then drank too much.
    I drink all the time when I'm pilling n c how it can b done cos u can drink much more when ur pilling... not even when ur moving about n dancing... it just seems to go down better when ur on a pill... I dunno how much she must've drunk to die but it would've been some ridiculus amount like over 15 pints.
    But then the worst state I or n e of my friends have been on is when they dehydrated n that's just getting a bit fucked up..

The media made it out it was easy to die off pills but it's not or me n a hell of a lot of others would be... U have to do something stupid to do that n stupid means ridiculus like not drinking at all or drinking 15+ pints n even when ur on a pill u know when ur not drinking enuff or drinking to much..
    Leah Betts did not take pure mdma, as you cant get pure E's anymore. The average E is about 5% MDMA and the rest is made up of anything from speed, canfenine to horse tranquilizers!!. this is where the problem lies with pills not being legal; you can get anything in them. If they were legalised, the goverment could a; get taxation from them (5 million pills at 17.5% VAT?
    and b; regulate what goes into them.

I would like to point out that I did not post this to have a go at the Betts family; they are unfortunately the media's figurehead for their campaign.
    i agree with that (betts family thing)
    you get pills (e's) from where i am that are weak as anything... horse tranqs (i dunno how to spell that word), but you do get the dodgy crap... you cant get a proper e anymore..
    you dont know how strong they're going to be, that the prob..
    apples (e's) thats what betts died from (i think)..
    i know it sounds cold but more people die from sking or something like that..
    I know u harldy get n e MDMA if n e in pills... though u can b lucjy sometimes... the pills at the party she was at were %100 it was in Newspaper articles that it was... if u've ever had pure MDMA which u can buy it's totally different from normal e's which usually consist of MDMA and amphetimines... Ketamin(tranqulizer) someimes, coke sometimes, heroin, and stuff like caffeine. Pills r getting better though... recently tests have been looking up... I still think that pure MDMA isn't as fun as normal pills n e way although if u get around 50% MDMA they're the best