Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I want it really badly but i can't afford it at the mo.
  • Options
    I pre ordered from WHSmiths for £9.99 and I am going to get £250 worth of vouchers! Not long now...oh i'm such a child! lol!
  • Options
    it's out now....i wonder how many people are at the shops
    and how have they gotten people to go to work to open the shops?
  • Options
    :yippe: YAY!!! IT'S OUT!!! :crazyeyes
    I can't wait to read it!! I've just watched JK read part of chapter 6 of "the book"!! It was brilliant!! :hyper: :yes: :yippe:

:heart: SaraH :heart:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I went to the shops :D
  • Options
    I'm going to borrow it from the school library next year, possibly. Seriously sosts too much and the pottermania in me has died. It's a good read, but there are so many better books I've got atm :p

:heart: wheel of time
  • Options
    I finished reading it in 8 hours flat (1am till 9am) and I have to say that it is much better than any of the other books in the series (and I love all of the other books A LOT). Unlike OotP, there are no 'boring parts', everything feels thoroughly neccersary. The plot flows well, un-needed information is not included. In short, the book is what I believe to be the full potential of a novel

The start is very clever, we are not actually introduced to Harry until the 3rd chapter, so we are given a good background of the chaos that the wizard and muggle worlds are now surrounded in. At no point does the plot slow down. As predicated, we are lambasted with information start to finish and we FINALLY find out what Harry has to do to defeat Voldemort (who actually has no dialogue in this book, at all)

I won't let any spoilers go, but the main death is really sad. It's horrible. I actually cried a lot (and I didn't shed one tear for Sirius). We find out a lot about Voldemort

The end of the book leaves Harry with the knowledge, power and motivation to kill Voldemort. He is possessed with the thought of killing Voldemort and anyone that stands in his way

Terrific stuff
  • Options
    lethifold wrote:
    At no point does the plot slow down. As predicated, we are lambasted with information start to finish and we FINALLY find out what Harry has to do to defeat Voldemort (who actually has no dialogue in this book, at all)

I won't let any spoilers go, but the main death is really sad. It's horrible. I actually cried a lot (and I didn't shed one tear for Sirius). We find out a lot about Voldemort

The end of the book leaves Harry with the knowledge, power and motivation to kill Voldemort. He is possessed with the thought of killing Voldemort and anyone that stands in his way

Terrific stuff

No spoilers? I personally feel that what you've said had contained a couple of spoliers (lack of dialogue from Voldemort etc). Hmf.

I could read a book that quickly, but I don't see the point. I think you need to take your time and savour it, or you end up just skim reading in the end.
  • Options
    Oh please, they are hardly spoilers. I could have listed people who died, people who kissed etc

And just so you know, I usually read faster than that, perhaps twice as fast (I taught myself how to skim read and take in information), so 8 hours for me was savouring the book
  • Options
    the cheapest I've seen is Tescos for $7.97 by the by ;)
  • Options
    Apparently the cheapest place you can get it is Kwick Save. But only if you're under a certain age (10 i think...)
  • Options
    just finished it. sooo good!
  • Options
    im on chapter 14, was meant to be saving it for my hols but ill prob have it finished by tomorrow night
  • Options
    im on chapter 4 lol
  • Options
    I preordered mine a while back, so nbaturally on the 15th I went to pickup my line reservation pass. Well, I was number 52 and am happy to say that after the Borders party, I was out with my book by 12:30! I read it today (4 hours when I got home then 3 more this evening). I really.. wow. The writing was seemingly even better than any of the other books. All my theories came true (regrettably so). I won't give away any spoilers, but I was so surprised when I found out who the Half Blood Prince was. But in contrast, there was little else about the overall plot progression that surprised me. :chin:
  • Options
    HermioneG wrote:
    I preordered mine a while back, so nbaturally on the 15th I went to pickup my line reservation pass. Well, I was number 52 and am happy to say that after the Borders party, I was out with my book by 12:30! I read it today (4 hours when I got home then 3 more this evening). I really.. wow. The writing was seemingly even better than any of the other books. All my theories came true (regrettably so). I won't give away any spoilers, but I was so surprised when I found out who the Half Blood Prince was. But in contrast, there was little else about the overall plot progression that surprised me. :chin:
    No spoilers, so i'm thinking that your avatar isn't a spoiler?!?
  • Options
    i finished it this morning
  • Options

Yeah. That sucks. :|
  • Options

Fucking hell yeah. Thanks a lot. :mad:
  • Options
    Bear in mind the Harry Potter fan fictions communities have people who are obsessed and think Hermione logves Draco + they get married and have kids. Google it and you'll find tonnes of fan stories about those two getting it on :p well before this book. I don't think it's a spoiler as such rather than a fantasy. If it is a spoiler, well I'll just have to find out when I read the book! :p
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Fucking hell yeah. Thanks a lot. :mad:

Hermoine loves draco? worry not. I think it's more of thing that maybe the poster (hermoine g or what ever) thinks the character that plays draco is fit or something.

I ended up getting mine from tesco on friday night £7.18 with 10% staff discount :D I was well annoyed though u had to work all saturday so couldn't wait to get home to read it!
    I finished it sunday morning and now i'm like dam 2 years untill the next one!