Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just wondering if anyone else has ordered their copy of the book. My local WH Smiths is opening at midnight so im planning on getting it then.

I know it doesnt come out for ages but after posting in the books thread just reminded me about it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I preordered it aaaageees ago. Plan on re-reading all 5 others before then though. I love the Harry Potter books. Apparently JK Rowling is doing a thing in Edinburgh for the launch at the castle. Shame I am not in Edinburgh then :(

I have mine ordered in WH Smith too but I don't know if I shall be there at midnight. We will see if I am working or not. And if David is patient enough to take me to Meadowhall :D
  • Options
    I've pre ordered this :)
  • Options
    Will probably pre-order it from Waterstones-last time I looked they were doing a deal with getting £50 of vouchers if you pre-order there, and I would have bought it there most probably anyway.
  • Options
    There isn't any need to pre-order it. When the last one came out there was mass hysteria with people ordering it. I walked into my local ASDA and got it for £8.99 the day it was released. They had hundreds of copies!
  • Options
    I didn't pre-order the last book and got it on the day it came out at midnight in Waterstones, there wasn't enough people in the queue to take all the copies anyway. This year I'll probably do something similar, doubt I'll pre-order though.
  • Options
    Ooooh. If I had known that then I wouldn't've bothered pre ordering it. I only preordered mine from WH Smith as I would rather pay £9.99 instead of the RRP which is what I presumed other stores would be selling it at when it first came out.
  • Options
    I pre ordered mine from waterstones a couple of months ago, and i re-read all of the old books last week, because i'm not sad or anything :p
  • Options
    I haven't pre ordered. I'm just hoping its not sold out by the time I'm able to get it!
  • Options
    I haven't pre-ordered it because as everyone else is saying,there'll be heaps of copies and also I am too lazy to go and pre-order it this time.

I'm going at midnight too, the only problem with that though is that I'll be reading it when I get home until about 6 in the morning :D
  • Options
  • Options

The bits they've used from the new film look amazing. I'm such a geek!
  • Options

Oh wow it looks great. I hope they don't chop loads of bits out of the book though to fit it all in, because goblet of fire is the longest one yet, and it would be a shame to miss big chunks out. Ohhh i can't wait, ha!
  • Options
    wow that trailer looks fantastic.

Who do you think dies in the new book? I think its neville

Phoenix
  • Options
    wow that trailer looks fantastic.

Who do you think dies in the new book? I think its neville

Phoenix

Aww poor neville :lol: I dunno i heard a rumor it might be dumbledore, but you never know, last time when they said a main character was going to die they killed of sirius, and i wouldn't have counted him as a main character, but there you go.
  • Options
    One of the Weasley's I reckon.

I think in the last book it will be Ron for the chop...
  • Options
    I think it could be dumbledore too.
    And someone really evil becomes headmaster
    Anyway, in the films, the new dumbleore gets on my nerves so that wouldn't be so bad to kill him off.
  • Options
    I think Dumbledore will be around still in book 7. I agree with NQA that it'll be one of the Weasleys, i think Mad Eye Moody will take one for the team as well.
  • Options
    Will probably pre-order it from Waterstones-last time I looked they were doing a deal with getting £50 of vouchers if you pre-order there, and I would have bought it there most probably anyway.

I've heard that WHSmiths are doing a deal with £75 worth of vouchers if you pre-order...
  • Options
    I cant wait to read it!! Whats your fave book so far? Mines gotta be PoA!! It's just brilliant!!! (Thats the book, not the movie!!!)
  • Options
    Order of the phoenix is my favourite
  • Options
    I cant wait to read it!! Whats your fave book so far? Mines gotta be PoA!! It's just brilliant!!! (Thats the book, not the movie!!!)

I think that is probably my favourite or goblet of fire.

Least favourite, hmmm is probabley chamber of secrets. But the books are better now they are longer though more time for development and plot lines and what not.
  • Options
    I pre-ordered mine ages ago off play.com. last time I queued for ages at Waterstones. I want to re-read them all first.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    I've heard that WHSmiths are doing a deal with £75 worth of vouchers if you pre-order...

WH Smith are doing a low price of £9.99 which is the cheapest I have seen it advertised (apart from Amazon) and no vouchers. The only place I have seen vouchers is Waterstones. And Ottakers are offering a "free mystery gift".

The trailers looks fab. Can't wait til November for that :D

Dunno who dies though ... I reckon it could be Lupin maybe ...
  • Options
    I went into Waterstones, and the vouchers are money off when you buy something else, not proper vouchers :impissed:

I was going to pre-order one, but I think I better wait until I get a new job, I can't really afford it otherwise :(
  • Options
    WH Smith are doing a low price of £9.99 which is the cheapest I have seen it advertised (apart from Amazon) and no vouchers.

They will do, trust me :thumb:
  • Options
    My fave is the Prisoner of Azkaban.

The next 2 were too long, this one was just the right length and had a really good story (not about Voldemort for once) and you find out more about Harrys family which was interesting.

I reckon Ron Weasley will be killed off in the end.
  • Options
    They are indeed. And I'm hoping to be working in my local one. Sadly, though, I am also working the rest of the weekend so I won't get to read it til Sunday night :(
  • Options
    Just thought id bump this as the book finally comes out tomorrow
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    They are indeed. And I'm hoping to be working in my local one. Sadly, though, I am also working the rest of the weekend so I won't get to read it til Sunday night :(
    I didn't get to work tonight :( It would have been well fun! Aw well...
  • Options
    I will be watch on ITV tonight at 11:45pm Harry Potter at the castle..magic at midnight. So i've decided to get the book tomorrow so i can watch JK read the book live tonight!! I can't wait to read it!!! :hyper: :yes: :D

If i could ask Ms Rowling a question about the books it would be this: We know from book 5 that wizards and witch have there own different health problems from muggles, but i was wondering do they have the smae illnesses has muggles, e.g cancer, if yes do they have a cure, if no why not?

What would your Q b?? :D

:heart: SaraH :heart: