Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stormfront

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That Im afraid we are long beyond the date for necessary viable alternative infrastructure to provide any seamless transition.

Given the preference of this current cabal for pursuit of a militant agenda of conquest and control (and thereby maintenance of an entire fossil fuel based policy) instead of proper investment in alternative sources and their means of distribution, Id say we are headed straight into a brick wall which these bozos will just leave to coming generations to face.
  • Options
    That Im afraid we are long beyond the date for necessary viable alternative infrastructure to provide any seamless transition.

Given the preference of this current cabal for pursuit of a militant agenda of conquest and control (and thereby maintenance of an entire fossil fuel based policy) instead of proper investment in alternative sources and their means of distribution, Id say we are headed straight into a brick wall which these bozos will just leave to coming generations to face.

see thats the thing that annoys me, instead of fighting wars and killing people, don't you think the billions of dollars would be better of trying to find a viable aternative...it's just now now now with the Americans, no regard whatsoever to the horrors that'll follow in future generations...my bed is calling me bye
  • Options
    I know that wasn't directed at me but was just in a discussion about this recently. At least part of the landings were faked, there is footage of them faking it. But i wouldn't go so far as to say the whole thing is counterfeit.

Oh dear :(
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Spliffie: "White Nationalism and zionist conspiracy theories are largely one and the same, it's the standard world-view of the far-right. Unless these people can actually show the evidence of the "racial difference" they often rant about, white nationalism doesn't have a basis. Nationalism generally is just an outdated concept."

One and the same/love & marriage - you're splitting hairs. They're inseparable.

Does positive discrimination even still exist?

You're really talking nonsense here. White Nationalism stands on the notion that whites are biologically superior to blacks and other races. Whether the government recognises race or not is irrelevent. For the government to cease all recognition of race, the Stormfront brigade would immediately come to the conclusion of a "Jewish conspiracy destroying white racial identity" or something along those lines.

What you have to understand is that the lines are blurred. Jews with certain views (that all jews should relocate to Israel) are obviously going to largely reach some agreement with White Nationalists.

Spliffie you are wrong - I've explained why and just repeating your claim don't make it true. And yes positive :rolleyes: discrimination for some races (negative discrimination for others!) still exists.
    There are jewish white nationalists, gentile white nationalists who would welcome white Jews in a white nation and there are white nationalists who don't believe in jewish conspiracy. So you're wrong.
    You're making a generalisation that's easily disproven - it should be enough for you to say, quite correctly that many white nationalists are racist and anti-semitic and blame Jews for everything from shit TV to miscegenation - we would get the message.
    Also white nationalism is less and less about supremacism (I'm sure it once was) and more about separatism - I saw lots of posts on stormfront about the superior intelligence of jews and asians.
    I got the feeling that Whites on stormfront want to live in a country in which they don't have to apologise for the sins of their ancestors, and are not penalised in the present on account of their race, and can express the same pride in their ethnic group as every other race does. However mistaken their thinking they're not asking for anything most people in the world don't take for granted.
  • Options
    My favourite thing about posts like the ones in this thread is that once I have taken all the nouns with no physical referrent out, there's fuck all left.

Still, some good verbs and adverbs, so well done all. :yes:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    My favourite thing about posts like the ones in this thread is that once I have taken all the nouns with no physical referrent out, there's fuck all left.

That's life K (for most of us).
  • Options
    That's life K (for most of us).

You think those who make these things up for you believe in them?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Yea I think they're necessary fictions, and I don't think you're free of them. Life would be poorer in the absence of all of them, better in the absence of some of them.
  • Options
    Yea I think they're necessary fictions, and I don't think you're free of them. Life would be poorer in the absence of all of them, better in the absence of some of them.

Knowing that they are all fiction is enough for you to take what's useful and leave what's not. Use them by all means, but don't go on about em like they are facts. That just gets people hurt.
  • Options
    They are facts to most people K - that's where we're forced to start from in discussing most problems.

Why do people need these myths? You've got to start there, before asking them to give them up.
  • Options
    Why do people need these myths? You've got to start there, before asking them to give them up.

A much better question is how. How do you convince a group of individuals to believe in myths and legends as blindly as the poor unhappy fuckers at stormfront?

People don't need these mths as facts, they need them for other purposes, but such blind belief removes whatever it is it's supposed to provide. Unless it's tension, lack of oppotunity, irrationality and fear you were aiming for, of course.
  • Options
    Yea I think it's fear which lead human's (more likely pre-humans) to develop these myths, stormfront makes that plain, that's why I don't have much condemnation of them. And where you'd just tell them how stupid they are (maybe I'm wrong), I'd be inclined to give them what they want for the sake of peace. People are tribal and tribes do fight.
    Creating a belief in a secure society is a precondition of persuading people that society doesn't in fact exist (if that's your goal).
  • Options
    And where you'd just tell them how stupid they are (maybe I'm wrong),

Christ no. I would just ask for evidence for their assertions and let their own cognitive dissonance do the rest.
    Yea I think it's fear which lead human's (more likely pre-humans) to develop these myths, stormfront makes that plain, that's why I don't have much condemnation of them.

That's a why answer though, isn't it? If you knew how then you could make up anything you wanted. Ask Hitler. You could also defend yourself against someoone who knew those skills and wanted to get you to play their game. I believe that these myths cause fear, they do not dispel it.
    I'd be inclined to give them what they want for the sake of peace.

Yeah cos appeasement always works - ask Chamberlain. When someone has an irrational fear or belief you don't overcome the problems they cause by pandering to the belief that causes all the trouble.
    Creating a belief in a secure society is a precondition of persuading people that society doesn't in fact exist (if that's your goal).

No, it really isn't. And that's not what I want either.
  • Options
    Their cognitive dissonance would tend to create another myth. That's how people spend their whole lives, building up one fantasy after another.

I think fear, and the desire for security is the absolute starting point of all imagination. I agree with you that the myths which people create to give them security generate new fears, and people are suckers for propaganda which directs their beliefs and fans their fears - but the fear and doubt exists before any politician or ad agency gets involved. It's the same insecurity which makes children want to be liked or not admit error.
  • Options
    Video debunking some of the myths of David Von Kleist's "In Plain Sight" 9/11 conspiracy video
    http://www.digitalstylecreations.com/Download/Debunking.wmv
  • Options
    Their cognitive dissonance would tend to create another myth. That's how people spend their whole lives, building up one fantasy after another.

Oh, ok.
    I think fear, and the desire for security is the absolute starting point of all imagination.

I think fear is the price you pay for having an imagination. You've kind of assumed that everyone is fearful, which doesn't tally with my experience at all.
    I agree with you that the myths which people create to give them security generate new fears,

No, they would just not actually do anything about the old ones, in fact would actively prevent many useful actions that could be taken but go against the myth. So instead of one fear, we now have two, which is much more difficult to deal with.
    and people are suckers for propaganda which directs their beliefs and fans their fears - but the fear and doubt exists before any politician or ad agency gets involved

Nah, bollocks. You can make someone afraid, or happy or whatever and then link it to whatever you want. Born into a world where no one had thought to invent racial divisions, that fear wouldn't be there.
    It's the same insecurity which makes children want to be liked or not admit error.

I was never like that, myself. It's a ridiculous notion to suggest that children don't want to make mistakes, how else do you learn anything? If you put anyone, not just a child into an environment where they can be "wrong" you can induce these kinds of responses and make it real for a person. Which is why schools are the way they are.

The "insecurity" you are on about is a learned behaviour.