Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should i leave it??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
recently, i found out, that 1 of my close friend and her brothers and sisters, kept gettin hit and beat up, by the eldest sister and there dad, she seemed so scared when she told me, as she was late home from school, and was scared of the consiquences, i went through a major rebellous stage, where my mum would hit me if i did something wrong.. say i was drunk or stoned, which i knew i deserved, but one night, she was drunk, and she punched me in the face six time,s everytime i think of my friend, it makes me think of how i felt, that i wanted help but didnt know where to run.. should i tell someone or ring childline.. but will she thank me for it.. or throw it back in my face??

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LilMizME wrote:
    recently, i found out, that 1 of my close friend and her brothers and sisters, kept gettin hit and beat up, by the eldest sister and there dad, she seemed so scared when she told me, as she was late home from school, and was scared of the consiquences, i went through a major rebellous stage, where my mum would hit me if i did something wrong.. say i was drunk or stoned, which i knew i deserved, but one night, she was drunk, and she punched me in the face six time,s everytime i think of my friend, it makes me think of how i felt, that i wanted help but didnt know where to run.. should i tell someone or ring childline.. but will she thank me for it.. or throw it back in my face??

though it is someone elses family. if you really care about youre friend, you should find a way to help her. she cannot live like this. think of the anxieties she may develop or already have which may hamper her progress in life. you need to help her improve her quality of life. now you must remember that if any action is to be taken it MUST BE HER DECISION. not yours. you have to respect its her life and it is her that should realise what needs to be done. its your job as a FRIEND to help her see the light. something like that ;)