Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Interviews and holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I'm applying for several jobs but I'm not sure whetyher to put at the bottom of the cover letter that I'm on holiday this week and it would be easier to be interviewed this week. Do you think I should include this in my letter if so how should I phrase it?

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

First of all, does the deadline for applications fall before the start of your holiday? As if it doesn't then they are unlikely to start interviews before that date so its worth just checking. for each job you apply to.

If the answers yes then I'd say it is worth mentioning your holiday but emphasise the convenience to them rather than yourself.

Perhaps write something along the lines of:

"From the period starting (state start of holiday) until (end of holiday) I will be on annual leave, which means I will be available to attend an interview at any time." After that I would state times and days which would otherwise be convenient for you to attend an interview.

There is still a chance that they will ask you to attend at a time that isn't convenient for you, but in my experience that can be an employers way of finding out how eager you are to get the job. I think that more often they either give you the date well in advance, or they will fit it around your current working hours.

Here are some more tips for writing a thorough cover letter

Good luck :)