Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

seesm the israeli troops cant get enough of the football

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Or outside of the Jewish areas. Alcohol isn’t prohibited in Judaism. Although I guess the beer should be kosher really. Although most of the Israeli beers are I think and I think Miller is too.

Yeah, I was thinking of Palestine really .........
  • Options
    Or outside of the Jewish areas. Alcohol isn’t prohibited in Judaism. Although I guess the beer should be kosher really. Although most of the Israeli beers are I think and I think Miller is too.

I think most are. Like spirits - which are also almost all kosher.
    Guiness isn't though. Apparently it contains pig fat or something else like that.
  • Options
    Amstel is the most popular beer in Jordan. Brewed there under licence apparently.

Incidentally, they sell Palestinian beer at the Ritzy cinema in Brixton. Haven't got round to trying it yet [/derailment].
  • Options
    Poor Jordan. Amstel tastes like piss.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    For christs sake, it's like a school disco with stupid little kids sitting in groups and whispering about the others. At the end of the night everyone goes home wishing they'd had a better time.

Very true. I've never been to Israel / Palestine, but there is no justification what so ever for the violence on either side. I just feel sad some of the world's most powerful people are stupid enough to still carry it on. :/
  • Options
    Very true. I've never been to Israel / Palestine, but there is no justification what so ever for the violence on either side. I just feel sad some of the world's most powerful people are stupid enough to still carry it on. :/

You haven't thought this through very carefully, have you?

:eek2:
  • Options

Apparently it's you who hasn't thought about it carfully. The Isreal/Palistine issue is something that should never have happened.
  • Options
    Apparently it's you who hasn't thought about it carfully. The Isreal/Palistine issue is something that should never have happened.

I can assure you I have thought it through in great detail - and have spent a fair amount of time in Israel and Palestine observing what goes on.

You could be a bit more specific on why it should never have happened ..........

Have you read my signature btw?

:)
  • Options
    I can assure you I have thought it through in great detail - and have spent a fair amount of time in Israel and Palestine observing what goes on.

I can see the reason for the violence, but not the justification. World war 2 - now the violence there I can justify in my mind, etc., but in Israel and Palestine there can be no solution from a show of arms alone. Unless over the past 60 years or so (I think that's it) there has been some good come out of all of it, that it was all actually worth it in the end?
  • Options
    I can see the reason for the violence, but not the justification. World war 2 - now the violence there I can justify in my mind, etc., but in Israel and Palestine there can be no solution from a show of arms alone. Unless over the past 60 years or so (I think that's it) there has been some good come out of all of it, that it was all actually worth it in the end?

Are there any other colonial situations where you don't believe that liberation movements had any justification for using violence?

:confused:

Are you in favour of Israeli soldiers being able to walk the streets of Palestine at their whim?

• Options
    Are there any other colonial situations where you don't believe that liberation movements had any justification for using violence?

Not sure if it's the same situation, but N. Ireland
    Are you in favour of Israeli soldiers being able to walk the streets of Palestine at their whim?

Of course not. Although I try to be unbias I do see that the majority of the blame does rest on Israel (and I'm sure many here would disagree with my opinion on that :p) because they have the power, the control. I object to this and believe that Palestinians have the right to have control over their lives how we, in a 'civilised' country have control over our lives. But to an extent, they also take control away from Israeli's through fear.

But what I'm saying, is that the violence is doing neither side any good. It's never been a 'wake up call' to the world - as the quote in your sig shows even back then people knew there were issues. The conflict in Israel and Palestine, by and large, is malicious and without justification. From both sides. I don't believe in the pre-emptive war argument from Israel, heck, why not just nuke the whole world in a pre-emptive strike? I've said before, and I'll probably say it again, if Palestinian bombers want any justification they need to attack contruction sites in the new settlements. Not killing people, but damaging Israel economically where they are trespassing.

And please don't call me a terrorist for saying they should bomb Israeli infrastructure :p I don't mean all of Israel, just the places that should belong to Palestine. America and Britain bombed the heck out of Iraq's infrastructure before the war and that was completely justified (whether the war in general was... that's a different matter). People need to be strategic, not murderers.
  • Options

You could be a bit more specific on why it should never have happened ..........

Have you read my signature btw?

Well great for Winston Churchill. :rolleyes:
  • Options

And here we agree. Wow.