Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

seesm the israeli troops cant get enough of the football

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    matadore

Hmmmm, not only was I not alive when Hitler was rampaging - neither was I from one the countries you mention........

I think his TOP TEN REFERRERS says it all really...........

1 (1) Instapundit
    2 (7) Little Green Footballs
    3 (8) Arts & Letters Daily
    4 (6) Tim Blair
    5 (13) Free Republic
    6 (10) Andrew Coyne
    7 (4) Allahpundit
    8 (14) Powerline
    9 (-) Right Goths
    10 (-) NRA

So, a man with a boer name, who is of Jewish descent, baptised a catholic, confirmed as an anglican and attends a baptist church says that lefties are anti-semitic.

Now go fuck yourself.

;)
  • Options
    I was counting the minutes until someone came with the old "criticism of Israel = anti-semitism" and "the European 'left' (what makes people think you have to be left wing to criticise atrocities anyway? :confused: ) are all a bunch of Hitler loving, Jew-hating Nazis."

How fucking sad, predictable and pathetic.

I'd imagine Jewish people themselves must be sick to death of utter clueless cunts such as Mark Steyn and their readiness to use the Holocaust to push their ultra right wing extremist agendas. Talk about insulting the memories of 6 million people :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Now go fuck yourself.

Not until you give up your constant agenda of anti-Israeli cloaked anti semitism.
    How fucking sad, predictable and pathetic.

Pathetic. You cant even deny it.
    I'd imagine Jewish people themselves must be sick to death of utter clueless cunts such as Mark Steyn and their readiness to use the Holocaust to push their ultra right wing extremist agendas. Talk about insulting the memories of 6 million people

Its a very real truth. You can put your fingers in your ears and refuse to listen all you want, but the fact remains. European critiscism of Israel is rooted in their own shame for the horrors they committed against the Jewish people.

THe Continent and its massive extreme left and right wing associations are nasty, bigoted and backward looking.

You really have to wake up and see that te truth.
  • Options
    Its a very real truth. You can put your fingers in your ears and refuse to listen all you want, but the fact remains. European critiscism of Israel is rooted in their own shame for the horrors they committed against the Jewish people.

:confused: that doesn't make sense...why would you criticise something if you felt shame for doing it previously, surely you'd want to turn a new leaf and reconcile if what you're saying is true

personally my criticism of Israel has nothing to do with race or creed or the holocaust...it's their aggression towards Palestine, i could say the same for the Colombian government fighting the Marxist FARC group...i've always supported the weaker side in a dispute....
  • Options
    Pathetic. You cant even deny it.
    What? :confused:

Bullshit. Has anyone spoken a bigger load of bollocks than this? Ever?

Are you on ket today?
    THe Continent and its massive extreme left and right wing associations are nasty, bigoted and backward looking.

You really have to wake up and see that te truth.
    Is that the best you lot can do? LOL
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Perhaps because that Britain is not in a constant fight?
    And also I do remember cases with British troops that were discussed on these boards :)

Britain's military is far more active than the IDF, I have to say. Read this article and scroll down to 1990-Present:
    The ending of the Cold War saw a 40% cut in manpower, significantly reducing the size of the Army. Despite this, the Army has been deployed in an increasingly global role. In 1991, the United Kingdom was the second largest contributor to the coalition force that fought Iraq in the Gulf War. Later the Army would see service in the former Republic of Yugoslavia in the Bosnia War and the Kosovo War. In 2003, the United Kingdom was the only other major contributor to the United States led invasion of Iraq.

The Army has also been deployed in many peacekeeping operations, such as in Sierra Leone and in the war against terrorism. Some peacekeeping operations are under United Nations mandates. The SAS unit of the British Army is specifically trained for anti-terror operations, and fought in Afghanistan in 2001. A battalion of SAS troops is always present in the UK mainland to respond to terrorist attacks.

There has been a reduction in in the number of troops deployed in Northern Ireland since the Good Friday Agreement was signed in 1998.

Also note the table underneath indicates current deployments, where 13 non-uk countries have a UK military presence. I have to say it's simply untrue the IDF is engaged more than the UK. Due to the UK military's experience of peacekeeping and goodwill creating missions (really don't know what to call them) they are able to diffuse conflicts rather than escalate them.

I watched a documentary in based in Iraq of a police station being trained by the UK army, and there was a riot / protest outside (not violent just lots of people trying to get in, few stones thrown). The UK forces knew they were no significant threat but a few Iraqi policemen began firing into the air that just makes the situation worse.

Perhaps, like the UK military, the IDF needs extra emphasis in training on non combat approaches to situations, because you can't solve every problem with a gun.
  • Options
    The IDF military is committed to defending the State of Israel every single day.

What makes it different to the UK is that the State of Israel and its people are just a couple of miles down the road, not thousands of miles away in a different country.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the IDF is also committed to being the executioner arm of successive Israeli governments with a zionist policy of land appropriation and appalling abuse of the Palestinians.

Unless you are suggesting that illegally occupying other people's towns and villages, breaking into their homes, abusing them, illegally imprisoning them, shooting dead little girls who were on their way to school or ripping vines from the ground all form part of defending the state of Israel.
  • Options
    The IDF military is committed to defending the State of Israel every single day.

What makes it different to the UK is that the State of Israel and its people are just a couple of miles down the road, not thousands of miles away in a different country.

Northern Ireland is not thousands of miles away though, it's sovereign UK soil. In northern ireland there has been conflict and the paras have acted damn out of order, not least on bloody sunday. However, every few weeks you hear of an incident from the IDF, whereas you get the one or two sensationalist cases about other militaries. It's disproportionate and in my opinion it's because of a lack of discipline and proffesionalism and/or a high degree of racism/bigotry among the soldiers.

Now, if Israel want to be taken seriously, they need to take a hand o their armed forces. They are the strong arm of any nation, 'actions speak louder than words' - look at America. After the Abu Graib (i so can't spell that, forgive me) incident sympathy with them went down the pan. Same with the UK and our own photographs. Same with China and shooting students.

I am a pacifist in the sense non-violent options are always the most effective. Security is always a concern though and a presence is needed otherwise any nation will devolve into criminals. However, when a security or military force takes matters into it's own hands it does reflect upon the country they serve for. I think any country wanting to look like it's taking issues seriously needs to take a hold on basic principles such as this.
  • Options
    Northern Ireland is across the sea. It might as well be 1000 miles away. Its not the same.
  • Options
    Not until you give up your constant agenda of anti-Israeli cloaked anti semitism.

Well, its going to be impossible for me to give up the anti-semitism I never felt, isn't it?

Mark Steyn clearly knows fuck-all about the things he writes about - he makes up what his pig-arrogant stupid right-wing readers want to read.

And, I shall give up criticising Israel only when it stops its appalling racism, human rights abuses and war crimes.

All those values that you defend so badly..........

:yippe:

"Here's where things stand in Palestine: an Arab population of more than three million - an educated and cultured people - is being abased. These are the last Palestinians to cling to their homeland. (There are more millions all over the world - a diaspora weirdly reminiscint of the Jewish diaspora, and the "Jewish Problem" that Israel was designed to fix.) These are the Palestinians who wouldn't run, or couldn't, or would only run so far. It is their vow - and their triumph (if it may be so called) -- That they'll stay, despite everything.

Everything is pretty much what they're up against now.

Economically, they are being driven -- steadily and by apparent plan -- to a preindustrial subsistence. Any of their lands that their captors desire may be taken -- for military purposes, for settlement, or a security zone, or a road, or a fence, at any time. Through most of this occupation, nothing the Palestinians built was permitted or legal in Israeli courts -- so nothing was built for good. The Palestinians are basically an unarmed people -- with no military force that deserves the name (no armor, artillery, warships or aircraft) -- that is in daily confrontation with one of the worlds best armies. Moreover, that opposing army serves a policy that is designed to hinder and embitter daily civilian life, the simplest rights and duties of human existence: going where one needs to, making a home, raising a family, or making a living. And if a Palestinian opposes these hindrances with too much vigor, with violence, or too noisily, his property may be forfeit, or his freedom, or his life, without meaningful restriction and often without a price."

Richard Ben Cramer - ibid pp 76 - 77
  • Options
    This kind of argument will never be resolved. In one corner there's the mighty israel defenders, the other corner is the under-dog palestine warriors...now duke it out to the death. Then what? Views of this nature will never be changed through argument/discussion. It's all very interesting but is there even a solution to the problem? Is the simple fact that anyone who sides with the heavyweight supports human rights violations, and anyone who goes with the palestinians is anti-semitic? doubt it, all easy cheap shots. Was wondering if anyone saw the article in the independent this (or maybe last) week:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=640937

Sounds good but will it really work? Anyway, not much point me even posting so I'll now be in the health forum maybe posting about things I actually know about!
  • Options
    This kind of argument will never be resolved. In one corner there's the mighty israel defenders, the other corner is the under-dog palestine warriors...now duke it out to the death. Then what? Views of this nature will never be changed through argument/discussion. It's all very interesting but is there even a solution to the problem? Is the simple fact that anyone who sides with the heavyweight supports human rights violations, and anyone who goes with the palestinians is anti-semitic? doubt it, all easy cheap shots. Was wondering if anyone saw the article in the independent this (or maybe last) week:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=640937

Sounds good but will it really work? Anyway, not much point me even posting so I'll now be in the health forum maybe posting about things I actually know about!

Hmm, the "Arc plan" is not without its critics, on both sides.....

Bethlehem bloggers

It got a mixed reception at JeW*SCHooL as well.

I swear that that railway line runs through East Jerusalem - now, in all seriousness, what are the chances of Sharon, Netanyahu or Perez letting that happen?

:eek2:
  • Options
    Northern Ireland is across the sea. It might as well be 1000 miles away. Its not the same.

So British soldiers weren't in Northern ?Ireland practicising internment? So there weren't bombs going off all over the UK from the IRA? At the end of the day it was still on british sovereign soil.

Are you saying that it's ok / more acceptable to intimidate, bully and kill people if there's no ocean between you? If the IDF are so experienced at local peacekeeping then why are they still so crap at it? Unless the method they employ involves ethnic cleansing?

I'm not saying that all of them are bad, just a dangerously large proportion. In the UK you would have einquiries of institutional racism, but I don't know of any such inquiries from Israel.
  • Options
    why have an oceans when you have an armed barrier instead ;)
  • Options
    It got a mixed reception at JeW*SCHooL as well.

A bunch of right-wing Americans spouting utter rubbish. Bad grammar and spelling too! These blog sites are interesting for getting a very honest opinion from both sides. The electronic intifada site was good, more fact, less opinion. Seriously mate, Jewschool - And I don't know why I keep telling my girlfriend off for saying that american jews are not proper Jews anyway, very strange! I was speaking to a few young Israelis about the wall last summer and it seems that 'down with the kids' the wall is not exactly something to be proud of. The right wing always get their way in the end it seems?
    Ben
  • Options
    A bunch of right-wing Americans spouting utter rubbish. Bad grammar and spelling too! These blog sites are interesting for getting a very honest opinion from both sides. The electronic intifada site was good, more fact, less opinion. Seriously mate, Jewschool - And I don't know why I keep telling my girlfriend off for saying that american jews are not proper Jews anyway, very strange! I was speaking to a few young Israelis about the wall last summer and it seems that 'down with the kids' the wall is not exactly something to be proud of. The right wing always get their way in the end it seems?
    Ben

Jewschool is a bit of a mixture - they get a lot of flack from the zionist right, but clearly, at the end of the day, they are zionists.

So, here's a 'joke' from the comments section of Orthodox Anarchist:

Q: What is the difference between the Israeli right and the Israeli left?

A: The Israeli right wants to put all the Palestinians on buses and send them into Jordan. The Israeli left wants those buses to be air-conditioned.
  • Options
    Q: What is the difference between the Israeli right and the Israeli left?

A: The Israeli right wants to put all the Palestinians on buses and send them into Jordan. The Israeli left wants those buses to be air-conditioned.

And people say anarchists are humourless :chin:
  • Options
    This thread is another prime example of anti-Israel sentiment, painting the Israeli's as the bad guys, the "poor suffering" Palestinians as the good guys.

Wake up and smell the coffee my friends, Arab terrorism has done much to foster distrust and fear within the small courageous state of Israel. Arafat was a crook, a mafia chief, who controlled terrorists and paid them to kill innocent women and children. So stop pretending all the badness is on one side - it isn't, its a dirty war not helped by Palestinian/Arab intransigence over the years when they've done everything in their power to drive the Isreali's into the sea.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    This thread is another prime example of anti-Israel sentiment, painting the Israeli's as the bad guys, the "poor suffering" Palestinians as the good guys.

Wake up and smell the coffee my friends, Arab terrorism has done much to foster distrust and fear within the small courageous state of Israel. Arafat was a crook, a mafia chief, who controlled terrorists and paid them to kill innocent women and children. So stop pretending all the badness is on one side - it isn't, its a dirty war not helped by Palestinian/Arab intransigence over the years when they've done everything in their power to drive the Isreali's into the sea.

If you weren't a troll, I'd ask you to back your claims up. But you wouldn't do it, or be able to do it. And you are troll, so I don't really care what you think.

:)
  • Options
    I keep telling my girlfriend off for saying that american jews are not proper Jews anyway,

It's not that they are not proper Jews. It's just that they have created their own branch, wich doesn't fit too great with the conduct of European Jewry.
    That said, it will probably be American Jewry which will "save" the rest, and are already to an extent doing so.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    It's not that they are not proper Jews. It's just that they have created their own branch, wich doesn't fit too great with the conduct of European Jewry.
    That said, it will probably be American Jewry which will "save" the rest, and are already to an extent doing so.

So what's the difference between european jews, american jews and israelis? American Jews have the identity of faith and of a patriotic country too. Can American Jews consider themselves Israeli? They could move to Israel, spend a stretch doing a little National Service then settle in downtown Tel-Aviv...surely that would be more Zionist than preaching that every Palestinian be moved to Jordan. Btw my girlfriend is half israeli (Polish descent) and she chooses to abstain from argument on the subject.
    Rich Kid wrote:
    This thread is another prime example of anti-Israel sentiment

I'm not anti-Israel. I spent my tourist Shekels there last summer. Good falafel in Nahariya. I want to go back but I keep getting this sick feeling that by doing so I'm condoning oppression.
  • Options
    Can American Jews consider themselves Israeli?They could move to Israel, spend a stretch doing a little National Service then settle in downtown Tel-Aviv.

I believe 'Americans' 'serve' in the Israeli army all the time. Here's one guy who would have been particularly useful to the soldiers who prompted this thread.
    When Harris first arrived, he bought a big screen television and stereo system for the enlisted soldiers and soon had 300 new friends.
    :thumb:

I'd be curious to know how many Jewish Americans and Britons serve in the Israeli, British and American armed forces if anybody has figures.
  • Options
    Seeing as for every innocent Israeli killed more than 3 Palestinians are blown up by the death squads of the IDF, it's a damn shame the man in question didn't do a bit of research before saying stupid things- let alone joining the IDF.

Unless of course his intention all along was to sign up in the hope to blow up a few dirty Arabs himself and further the zionist cause.
  • Options
    absotively posilutely Aladdin. :)

I'm sure the famously generous Jewish organisations in the US will help out his political campaign. ;)
  • Options
    I despair at you all.
  • Options
    So what's the difference between european jews, american jews and israelis? American Jews have the identity of faith and of a patriotic country too. Can American Jews consider themselves Israeli? They could move to Israel, spend a stretch doing a little National Service then settle in downtown Tel-Aviv...surely that would be more Zionist than preaching that every Palestinian be moved to Jordan. Btw my girlfriend is half israeli (Polish descent) and she chooses to abstain from argument on the subject.

American Jews as a whole (they have hell of a lot of big and influential groupings which I won't get into) have embraced the old Ashkenazi Jewish culture, but without maintaining the rituals with the same love as they do with the "spirit".
    In Europe, or at least in Denmark, we are on the other hand pretty low-key about our Judaism (not denouncing it, just not walking around with t-shorts saying Jewcy on them etc.) yet try to maintain the rituals to an extent where it fits our lives.
    Israelis are a grouping of their own, with so many fractions and waves and poles etc that it's really hard to characterize them as a whole.

Btw, you must have noticed the sheer amount of Americans in Israel. Especially in Jerusalem, they've "taken over" the whole German Colony area. The Americans are doing a whole lot of Aliyah and study programmes in Israel and the like. They don't only preach - far from it - but show actions marking their words.

Regarding the whole foreigners in the IDF, there are special units and programmes designed for non-Israelis. http://www.mahal2000.com/
  • Options
    Name a country which has had such a colourful history as that small strip of land in the middle east.

You cant.

Israel has been central to humanitys history for thousands of years.

Hahaha, very funny. I think you really need to break out of the Anti-Israel anti- Semitic bubble created by such posters as Freethepeeps, visiting Israel, or learning the history of the Jewish people would help. As would a proper appreciation of the strategic situation Israel is faced with every single day.
    You're so right Mat. And may I say what beautiful pictures. Certain posters on here speak such rubbish when it comes to their pro-Palestinian anti-Israeli stance, its a pity none of them ever lived there then they might appreciate the situation more intelligently.
  • Options
    Have you ever lived in or even visited Palestine?
  • Options
    what happens when moderate leaders of palestine go and ask for negotiation, nothing! can you blame them for turning violent, israel should lead by example pull the settlers out of illegal land, which has been taken by force. im sure if they said "we really dont want any more innocent deaths work with us to find a long term solution" most palestinians and most israelis would support well apart from thr hard right on both sides

surely you must agree in getting peace the ball lies in israels side of the court?

im not doubting some parts of israel are beautiful, theyre also armedf to the teeth, id like see palestine bring in NS to stop them joining militias