Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Big Brother...again

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i haven't got a channel14 :impissed: do u think i will have to re-tune it?
    Two theories:
    (1) As I understand it, your Freeview box has to be plugged into a telephone line. The reason for this is to download updates such as any new channel numbers. Is the telephone line in?
    (2) Have you checked the electronic TV guide as it may be in a different number?

If both these theories are wrong... you're fucked, essentially. :p
  • Options
    I felt sorry for mary tho standing in front of that door for ages, I could've cringed
  • Options
    i missed it tonight.... but then i always find when they're introducing the people it's quite boring....

nevermind i'm sure i'lll be watching the nightly programs
  • Options
    raging bull shit.

its called voyeurism. and what do people look for in the show? what do they want to see? its violence, sex, nudity. i just think its fucking boring. and degrading. as with most reality tv shows that come out.

really depends on the person though...i'm not too much into the whole idea of voyeurism, it's a bit of a fetish imo, i don't buy it, i genuinely do think it's interesting to see the interaction, say for example last year with victor and marco...total opposites, the conflict between them intrigued me, thats what i got my kicks from, it wasn't from seeing michelle and the other boy kissing all the time and sharing intimate stories, thats bull indeed
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was disappointed with the housemate selection this year. They seem to have gone for sleaze more than anything else. Last year they went for controversy but this year it is all "horny people who have sex at least once every 2 weeks". Apart from a couple.

Anyone else think that Makosi didn't actually understand the task she was given? Hmmmm. So far, none of them really interest me ... I bet I shall be saying something different in a couple of weeks. Tis always the way.
  • Options
    lets hope they all die of aids the attention seeking twats

its about as useful to psychology as that "what the bleep" film is to scientific methodology
  • Options
    Is there a couple? Who are they?
    It's obv loads of them already know each other cos that pretty girl already knew the black political bloke. That slapper girl makes me laugh, she was giving everyone filthy looks, and the witch lady made me cringe because she got her cape stuck in the car then went the wrong direction! Poor girl!
  • Options
    I gave it a watch, but the only big brother I like was with alex and jade..... the guys in that were great, its just got boring now! It was a few yrs ago but I watched it all the hours god sends,I was sad!! lol
    I used to wake up still sitting up (obviously feel asleep thru sheer boredom)
    WHY, why do we do these things?
  • Options
    First one was the best with Craig and Nasty Nick.
  • Options
    aleox wrote:
    Is there a couple? Who are they?

No, there isn't a couple.
    Last year they went for controversy but this year it is all "horny people who have sex at least once every 2 weeks". Apart from a couple.

What LittleMissy meant was there are only a couple of people who aren't horny people who have sex a lot.
  • Options
    This is what Big Brother boils down to:

Sitting in a house, watching people sitting in a house.
  • Options
    This is what Big Brother boils down to:

Sitting in a house, watching people sitting in a house.

Yep. Although I rarely sit in my house with a bunch of people I don't know, shower in public and do tasks set by a production company.

But anyway, if people don't like it they shouldn't watch it or look at threads in which people will discuss it. I don't like drugs so I don't go into the drugs forum.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    that Kemal is annoying... isnt he/she/it. ;<
  • Options
    Come on Derek!!!
  • Options
    lets hope they all die of aids

tasteless.

but yes. pile of shite. from what i saw last night they are all completely arrogant and bar a few excruciatingly boring.

having said that, if i do start watching it i'll find it as addictive as the air i breathe :rolleyes:
  • Options
    watched the high lights thing tonight

found it bit boring but half of it was re runs of the entrance

they seem shallo. Matousia (or whatever her name is the one with the secret mission) seems so thick!
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    Come on Derek!!!

:lol:
  • Options
    So i'm just curious. How many of you guys/girls who want to watch BB have found the live 24/7 feed on freeview?

And how many of you, have found out that you can watch BB via your pc.. For free ? Yes it is available due to technical difficulties and will be until ch4 fix it.

Finally to nicebutdim23, What you need to do to get E4 and E4+1 is do a new search for channels, as i did this evening after not getting e4 to work properly last night, and it will find the stations for you. It should also find channel 705, as that channel is used for broadcasting BB 24/7.

If you do that and it does not find the channels it is probably down to receiption.

Back to the topic, myself, i watched the show last night and watched the new HM going into the house, after that i switched to E4 and decided i wasnt going to watch it this year, however after finding the 24/7 live feeds i am now going to watch it. :D .
  • Options
    We've only managed to receive E4+1 on our freeview box. Oh, and Men and Motors :eek2:

I will be watching this year. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of diversity this year though. I don't watch it live, but I will generally watch the programmes each day.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    We've only managed to receive E4+1 on our freeview box. Oh, and Men and Motors :eek2:

Yeah M & M became available on freeview recently. Its part of the Itv network of stations. It's changed somewhat because its not aimed at quite the same audience it used to be.
  • Options
    Im now a Science fan
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:

But anyway, if people don't like it they shouldn't watch it or look at threads in which people will discuss it. I don't like drugs so I don't go into the drugs forum.

you cant say that cause I really dont care what people say it is neigh on impossible to avoid hearing about big brother where ever you go.

If you dont like it why shouldnt you be allowed to slag it off since people who do like it are allowed to say how much they love it!
  • Options
    looks like im going to be addicted to it as i have been everyother year, that kind of shite really shouldnt have the effect on me it does though.

dont have a favourite yet, but thank god that moukosa or whatever the hell shes called has got her challenge now, looking forward to watchin it tonight, might know their names by the end of it
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    you cant say that cause I really dont care what people say it is neigh on impossible to avoid hearing about big brother where ever you go.

If you dont like it why shouldnt you be allowed to slag it off since people who do like it are allowed to say how much they love it!

well said fine sir
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:

I agree.

Im fucking sick of it being on the front of the papers already. When theres you know fucking real news in the world.
  • Options
    how can you say its soo good, when you can with a show thats scripted and will never change

but something that happens right in front of your eyes and is effectively lost forever?

pah
  • Options
    If you'r sick of it being on front of "all" the newspapers buy a proper newspaper. Its only consistently on the front pages of the red tops. If you dont like it buy a serious newspaper
  • Options
    don't like this one...none of them are really interesting
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    If you'r sick of it being on front of "all" the newspapers buy a proper newspaper. Its only consistently on the front pages of the red tops. If you dont like it buy a serious newspaper

I do buy a serious paper.

I just have to look at the others one in the shops.
  • Options
    i have it on my freeview now yay! but for some reason my itv is now channel 800 instead of 3 which is what is was before!