Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Healthcare

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    minimi38 wrote:
    Did you ignore my post?

Qualified applicants who wish to be doctors are not in short supply, places on courses are, which is why they are tryign to open more medical schools. This is a long term solution, however.
    Yes I ignored your post.

Does anyone else have a solution :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ha so they are solvign the problem by creating more places on courses to train doctors and it aint good enough for you?
  • Options
    No, it's not, but only because you suggested it :yeees:
  • Options
    seeker wrote:

Question for Blagsta:

What is an "arch freemarket capitalist" ?

seeker

The way that you avoid questions with other questions is really irritating and one of the reasons I had you on ignore.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Can we be ignoring seeker and actually discussing the wider implications of the drain on africa's healthcare, not simply because we want more doctors, but also because they want to leave?

Is there anything that we can do to plug the gap?

We could ban them from coming here, basically forcing them to work for next to nothing in underfunded and ill equiped hospitals.

Of course we could change the international trade rules so that Africa could actually trade decently with the rest of the World and get its economies off the ground. But that would mean a few American and British farmers loosing their jobs so we cant do that.