Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Freeview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sorry if this is the wrong section!
Does anyone know does freeview work with portable tvs? I have an LG tv-combi and a DVD player seperate would freeview be compatable? anyone know?!
I want it basically as E4 is on as off 2moro and I only really watch my tv
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    it does if you use a proper arial - NOT a portable one.
  • Options
  • Options
    oh ok - mine wouldnt work with a portable arial.
  • Options
    Wisecrack wrote:
    Sorry if this is the wrong section!
    Does anyone know does freeview work with portable tvs? I have an LG tv-combi and a DVD player seperate would freeview be compatable? anyone know?!
    I want it basically as E4 is on as off 2moro and I only really watch my tv

Freeview WILL work with portable televisions. Will you be using it with an indoor aerial or roof aerial though? If you use a roof aerial it should preferably be a wideband aerial as this has the abilty to receive the higher signal and receive most if not all of the channels freeview puts out. if you are going to use an indoor aerial you may find that you cannot receive many, if any at all channels being output by the freeview box.

Visit free official website for more information

You can do a postcode check to see if you get reception currently.

Are you wanting it for Big Brother ?

I take it you know that on E4 via freeview you cannot get 24/7 live coverage, thats only happening through Sky. Although everytime i see information relating to this each bit of information is always contradicitng the last bit.
  • Options
    Nicebutdim23, my apologies i totally fecked up what i was trying to type, quoted the wrong person etc...

heh, im an arse.. whats new :D
  • Options
    Just shifted this to entertainment - though then again if it's Big Brother i'm not certain I got the right section
  • Options
    clicked move instead of delete ;)
  • Options
    You can get indoor ariels for the portable that will work with freeview, but you probably wouldn't get every channel.
  • Options
    my friend had a dvd-combi and her freeview works fine. and i use freeview with both a little aeriel and one thats connected up in the loft. however, it does tend to switch itself on and off a lot. does this happen to anyone else?
  • Options
    oh, and we recieve all the channels fine, though i wouldn't know about the top-up tv ones like TCM etc, as we don't pay for those.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm being stupid but you don't get E4 on freeview do you?? We have freeview and don't...