Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

law obiding teen fights dispersal orders

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a kid has taken the council to court in richmond over their dispersal order that prevents him form leaving the house after 9 to go cinema or whatnot

trying to find story

this kis goes to church and doesnt go and get drunk ,why should he prevented i nthe name of a blanket law

Comments

• Options
    J wrote:
    He should go and teach his way of life to his peers and maybe then he will be allowed out when his generation grows up.

but why should our generation suffer from the failings of the generation above us...i say a mass cull is in order...destroy the 12-25 year old age group and keep only the wisest of teachers and down to earth X Box junkies to teach the new generation of the new moral ways...it's the only way to stop yob culture and teen pregnancies...
  • Options
    Heil Victory :lol: .
  • Options
    It was just on the BBC London TV news
  • Options
  • Options
    i don't like the assumption that a group of kids will automatically mean trouble...even after 9...when i was younger me and my mates played football for ours on end, well into the night, does that mean we're yobs...there was a labour campaign, tough on crime, tough on causes of crime...well i think it's time to focus on the causes of crime instead of assuming there's a widespread problem and trying to root it out from there...
  • Options
    when i say above us i mean our parents generation....they took acid and smoked hashish while they should of told us about morals and being a good god fearing christain and how to tie sheepshank knots and how to light a fire with your compass while being able to build a tent that withstands attacks from bears and other vagrants who like to roam the forests at nght...though when ya look at life in perspective can ya blame them...life is short, might aswell show them who's boss :thumb:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    We don't, we just have to choose wisely those who we percieve as being "above us" and remember to not put anyone below us.
    There are failures in every generation, but if we keep aiming to be like the best mebers of society then we ourselves will get there a damn sight quicker
    I think the term 'failure' is a bit harsh... Failed to do what exactly? And why should a negative label be applied to anyone? Labelling can be damaging in a good deal of cases.

I don't support the law... If kids are misbehaving then there has to be something going wrong somewhere. It's not going to solve the root of the problem by locking people up...
  • Options
    Is it just me, or does it sound like they're stereotyping teenagers, sayng that we're all troublemakers who get drunk, etc?
  • Options
    "First they came for..."
  • Options
    "First they came for..."

I nod and wish it meant anything.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bout time something was don tbh.

I took my Daughter to the park last Friday about 5-30pm and there about 10 kids when I got there. About 15 mins later in walks 7/8 lads all using abusive language, some had cans of lager and although they were not causing trouble i felt very intimidated, even this early on an evening.

So yeah in situations like this, even though they were not causing trouble move them on because the park I was at was aimed at younger children, not youths swearing their heads off and drinking lager.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    although they were not causing trouble i felt very intimidated, even this early on an evening.

So let me get this right.

You were in no danger. The people in question offered you no threat.

Yet becuase of your paranoia, they should not be allowed there.

Where is the justice in that?
  • Options
    Be better to have a by-law banning drinking in public places.
  • Options
    ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Be better to have a by-law banning drinking in public places.

Why? Again, where is the justice?
  • Options
    There is always a tension between your right to do something and others right not to feel intimidated.

I think that banning drinking in public parks is somewhere in the middle between the rights of people to stand menacingly in parks and the rights of young mothers to take their children to said parks.
  • Options
    You ask virtually all vandals and child drinkers why they do it and the answer will be the same, because there is nothing else to do!

I've been there done that, I used to be one of those loud mouthed nasty little 'yobs' drinking and vomiting all over the shop because my mates and I were just bored.

Any time we had some other stimulation, like when the weather was good and you could play football or maybe there was something else happening we didnt drink much at all and didnt just hang around.

Bans like this will only widen the gap between young people and the forces of law and order, police will become even more people they hate, this is hugely socially damaging.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    You ask virtually all vandals and child drinkers why they do it and the answer will be the same, because there is nothing else to do!

I've been there done that, I used to be one of those loud mouthed nasty little 'yobs' drinking and vomiting all over the shop because my mates and I were just bored.

Any time we had some other stimulation, like when the weather was good and you could play football or maybe there was something else happening we didnt drink much at all and didnt just hang around.

Bans like this will only widen the gap between young people and the forces of law and order, police will become even more people they hate, this is hugely socially damaging.

What I wonder is why a gernation before that could people find things to do? My uncle tells me fondly how he walked in Winter 1/4 way across leicestershire with his mates to play football at bradgate park, stayed there for a bit and went home. I just think a lot of kids these days don't have any imagination.
  • Options
    Yobs aint werewolfes and dont turn physco at 9pm - its all the time, sometimes they are around at 6pm here.
  • Options
    What I wonder is why a gernation before that could people find things to do? My uncle tells me fondly how he walked in Winter 1/4 way across leicestershire with his mates to play football at bradgate park, stayed there for a bit and went home. I just think a lot of kids these days don't have any imagination.

Rose tinted spectacles that is.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Rose tinted spectacles that is.
    I agree. There's never been anything for young people to do. People persist with the myth that everyone went to a youth club 40 years ago and stayed out of trouble. Balderdash.

There's plenty for young people to do, but it all costs money - and this is why you will find a certain 'type' of young person hanging around on the streets/parks drinking White Lightning.

Ridding ourselves of this so-called 'yob culture' is a long term process, and means improving the social lives of Britain's poorer classes.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Bout time something was don tbh.

I took my Daughter to the park last Friday about 5-30pm and there about 10 kids when I got there. About 15 mins later in walks 7/8 lads all using abusive language, some had cans of lager and although they were not causing trouble i felt very intimidated, even this early on an evening.

So yeah in situations like this, even though they were not causing trouble move them on because the park I was at was aimed at younger children, not youths swearing their heads off and drinking lager.

lol, that's ridiculous.

Parks have always been a congregation area for youths...if they weren't hanging about parks they'd have been hanging about on people's streets...its a no-win situation...but until they've actually caused trouble, you can't have any complaint. What else are they meant to do?
  • Options
    and what about the law obiding teens who want to enjoy a drink in the park with their mates without wanting to cause hassle...me and my mates drink regularly on the streets and in parks, the only hassle we cause is being a bit loud among ourselves but we never go out with the sole intention of causing grief to others
  • Options
    So let me get this right.

You were in no danger. The people in question offered you no threat.

Yet becuase of your paranoia, they should not be allowed there.

Where is the justice in that?

I did say it was a childrens park, not aimed at teenagers.

How do you know I was in no danger ? remember they were drinking and after a can of lager some think they can take the world on. Its not like you who may be used to drinking, you may be able to handle 2 cans before it affects you.
  • Options
    Why? Again, where is the justice?

under age drinkers, drinking in a public place.....you'd agree with that ? Cos I certainly dont.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    I did say it was a childrens park, not aimed at teenagers.

How do you know I was in no danger ? remember they were drinking and after a can of lager some think they can take the world on. Its not like you who may be used to drinking, you may be able to handle 2 cans before it affects you.

it's really not that bad...most teenagers who shout and give abuse are all talk...i know...you'd need to have a fucked up mental condition to attack a woman and her child in a park tbh
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    What else are they meant to do?

Go about 6oo yards further down the road to the area aimed at teens. They have just spent thousands upgrading the whole park yet the teenagers still insist on playing around on the swings which are aimed at 10 and under.

The area im talking about has a new skateboard ramp, bigger climbing things, benches so they can sit and swill their booze down.

Why should I have to be in a childrens park with teens swearing their head off ? Would you think it a good idea for me to ask them to curb their language infront of my Daughter ?
    I can use language so dont get me wrong but there is a time and place for everything and I never use language infront of my Daughter or any other child and I expect the same from others.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    under age drinkers, drinking in a public place.....you'd agree with that ? Cos I certainly dont.

teenagers with nothing to do other than drinking...is this acceptable?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    teenagers with nothing to do other than drinking...is this acceptable?

read my post, the park im talking about has just been upgraded at a huge cost. Right next door there is a youthy. There are many clubs opening up in my area for teens but its more fun going to the park and not letting the little kids have a go of the rides.