Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Relationships and time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know it's probably down to personal opinion, but could you live in a relationship knowing that say your partner worked almost all the time and you could only see him say once a week/fortnight? Or say he/she travelled a lot, or had some sort of a responsibility that took up most of his/her time. Would it bother you? Could you get through it? Be together and not see them that much?

Comments

• Options
    It depends if it was like that from the start then i don't know if i would bother, but if something happened during our relationship that made the situation change i would probably try and stick at it, it would upset me but thats gotta be better than not seeing them at all.
  • Options
    Well yes it would bother me but when you love peolpe you get thru things together. After all it's all for the greater good. I work nearly every night and live far from my BF but we make it work I would do anything for our sake. I plan on leaving my job and moving to be closer to him. It's a sacrfice and I'll miss the money and my family but I do truly love him so it is well worth it
  • Options
    As I'm currently in a long distance relationship where we only see each other every month or so mainly due to his work schedules then yes it's possible.
    Sure it's hard at times but it was a lot harder when I didn't have anyone to love me as much as he does.
  • Options
    Nope, couldn't do it.

When I need a bit of ass I need it, it'd make it hard for me if I saw somebody infrequently, not because I'm co-dependent but because I'd get bored.