Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is a Neocon?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Can you please stay on topic lamp boy and provide a straight answer to a simple question.
    Given that you have failed to do that on at least 70 or 80 separate instances, I'd suggest you care to answer a few first before demanding that of anyone else.

Starting with the much-overdue question about oral sex.

Troll.
  • Options
    Moonrat has supplied the most stable and sensible definition or explanation of neoconservatism.

What is the "Jewish element", morrismarina? On the subject of anti-semitism and discussion of neocons, it is clear for some that "neocons and shady cabals" is just a more modern variant of ZOG (Zionist Occupied Government) for anti-semitic tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theory nutters.
  • Options
    And the North Koreans only attacked the south... not the USA

And it was a UN response not a US... which is why there were British, Belgiums, Turks and many others fighting the North Koreans and Chinese rather than just the US.

End shot is that South Korea is prosperous and not a bad place to live. North korea is hell on earth. Its not a shame that the UN intervened, but that there intervention wasn't more succesful.
  • Options
    ^^ Agreed.
  • Options
    Its funny. The Neocons arent traditonal republicans. Most of them are social liberals and started their political roots in the Democratic party.

There are plenty of Republicans (mainly paleoconservatives) who dislike the Neocons as much as you do, Aladdin.
  • Options

There are plenty of Republicans (mainly paleoconservatives) who dislike the Neocons as much as you do, Aladdin.

Alot get quite annoyed when people call neoconservatives conservative.
  • Options
    Its funny. The Neocons arent traditonal republicans. Most of them are social liberals and started their political roots in the Democratic party.

I'm sure there are, I'm not suggesting all Republicans are the same. There are good people everywhere.
  • Options
    duvdevan wrote:
    What is the "Jewish element", morrismarina? On the subject of anti-semitism and discussion of neocons, it is clear for some that "neocons and shady cabals" is just a more modern variant of ZOG (Zionist Occupied Government) for anti-semitic tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theory nutters.

I'm curious myself about the Jewish element, why are the neocons almost all Jewish, and why do Jews overwhelmingly endorse racist double standards for Israel versus the US or Britain. :confused:

Yea as I said the ZOGer's love the neocon Jewish element. They couldn't love it if there wasn't an identifiable Jewish element, could they?
  • Options
    J wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with my damn hat :(

yea there is...the ariel isn't pointing in the right direction
  • Options
    Sadly for apartheid apologists like duvdevan, they are incapable of telling the difference between those dicussing outlandish subjects such as aliens or mind control rays et al, from quite real and quite identifiable political realities. They like to convince themselves that the machinations of power politics, conducted behind closed doors and in perpetuation of equally identifiable massive profit and political control is somehow a fairy tale.

Following their line of nonreasoning, our most powerful political, military and industry leaders and the intimately linked organisations and institutions over which which preside couldn't be hiding anything more significant than their friday night poker games behind the oft evoked stone wall of "national security".

For those who spend their days with their eyes open and who are not willfully blinded by slavish adherence to ideology, the facts and their effects are not so easily wished away.

Ol Duv and the neocons he so admires are the ones living in a world of self-induced fantasy. They lie so regularly to the public to pursue their illicit ends that theyve come to believe those lies as well. Clinically speaking, that amounts to a serious pathology.
  • Options
    Condi Rice, Donny Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney perhaps even Dubya himself can be called neocons, high-profile, not jewish....

what racist double standards?
  • Options
    What makes him wrong and you right Clandestine?
  • Options
    What are the neocons illicit ends, clandestine? Do enlighten me...

Have you ever entertained the fact that it is YOU who are blinded by conspiracy theories?
  • Options
    duvdevan wrote:
    Have you ever entertained the fact that it is YOU who are blinded by conspiracy theories?

what conspiracy theory is this? it's part of clandestines job to study foreign policy, whats actually going on in the world, behind the scenes and all...i'll bleieve him any day over you and your"it's just a conspiracy theory" excuse of explaining things...
  • Options
    No duv, since the verifiable collusionist nature of politics and its closed door machinations fit the very definition of the term conspiracy. The only people who harp about "theories" are those, like yourself, too apathetic, lazy or ideologically subservient to care about flagrant and obvious abuses of power as well as the quite verifiable inconsistent application of principle so long as they serve your duly programmed notions of good guys vs. bad guys.

That you resort to the typical derision of those who have no interest to pursue the truth of any matter with your snappy "tin foil hat" quip, demonstrates clearly enough which of us prefers to live in delusion.
  • Options
    No duv, since the verifiable collusionist nature of politics and its closed door machinations fit the very definition of the term conspiracy. The only people who harp about "theories" are those, like yourself, too apathetic, lazy or ideologically subservient to care about flagrant and obvious abuses of power as well as the quite verifiable inconsistent application of principle so long as they serve your duly programmed notions of good guys vs. bad guys.

That you resort to the typical derision of those who have no interest to pursue the truth of any matter with your snappy "tin foil hat" quip, demonstrates clearly enough which of us prefers to live in delusion.

is it a deliberate delusion though...do they realise the extent of their folly or are they realy that stupid...i'm not sure myself...
  • Options
    What illicit ends, clandy?
  • Options
    What makes him wrong and you right Clandestine?

Arrogance
    duvdevan wrote:

Of course not. He is "right", so why should he?

He appears to expect others here to reconsider their opinions based on what he says but apparently the reverse is irrelevant. You are, my friend, wasting your time.
  • Options
    Ah yes, decrying abuse of power is arrogance is it MoK?

Yet defence of warmongering ideologues such as you seem to increasingly demonstrate, is humility.

Interesting indeed.

You go right on ahead and side with the public opinion bandwagon, as fickle and easily manipulated as it is, I'll side with the consistent application of principle and historic actualities. Far more stable footing when it comes to judging agendas, policies and the events arising therefrom.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    what conspiracy theory is this? it's part of clandestines job to study foreign policy, whats actually going on in the world, behind the scenes and all...i'll bleieve him any day over you and your"it's just a conspiracy theory" excuse of explaining things...

Could be that it is his job - and he has often claimed so. Thing is he has never elaborated on what it is he actually does in this job...
    As a student it is also my job to analyse - doesn't mean that I stand behind published reports read by Chirac and Blair ;)
  • Options
    What are the neocons illicit ends duv?

If you have to ask then you arent as attentive to current events nor obviously well read on their agenda, which has been recommended reading countless times over, as you should be if you place any value in truth. Guess you are too busy posting one line snippets and debate-deadening monikers to educate yourself with a little timely research.

Let us start with the historic resurgence of contrived events meant to traumatise a nation into pursuits of war of aggression - aka " the war which will not end in our lifetime" (their words, not mine). Let us then proceed to examination of their "War on Terror" which has already been repeatedly exposed as a smokescreen for invading and re-engineering key resource rich nations, long targetted by this present ruling cabal.

Then perhaps one could recommend you examine the frightening truth that this "war on terror" relies on media inflated reports about persons against whom no credible evidence of "terrorism" exists, thus the need to circumvent or otherwise dispense with all due process of law and public transparency (always in the name of "national security" of course) in order to perpetuate the fearmongering myths. Dig too deep and you might even discover that a significant number of the targets are actually legitimate opponents of the dictatorial regimes with whom these Neocons are more than happy to maintain friendly relations (co-option when it serves, conquest when it fails). A real testament to the hollow rhetoric of "democratisation" and "liberation" into the noncritical bandwagon mentality happily buys.

But then, why look so far afield when further examples exist right here in our societies, where these liars and fearmongers are erecting invasive surveillance mechanisms and steadily abrogating all Constitutional safeguards so as to make it all the easier, as time passes, to quash all organised dissent that might threaten their aims.

As for the Zionist connection, you missed the key architects of the neocon hijacking of Washington, Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, Elliott Abrams, David Frum, Irving Kristol (often referred to as a founding godfather of the movement's core ideological positions) and his son William Kristol. All hardcore Likudnik zionists in key positions of power and influence inside the beltway and all linked to key Israeli-centric interests. A clear case of conflict of national interests and loyalties if ever there was one.
  • Options
    I never claimed that my reports were read by world leaders, indeed they are not. My work is largely for private clients including NGO's and occasionally (when research tenders are available) for some international institutions. But that has no bearing on the overall basis in international affairs and practice of constant investigation and critique of policy to which i have referred.

Suffice to say that others here demonstrate all too clearly that the extent of their enquiry and comprehension of political realities goes no further than mainstream headline news or worse, tabloid journalism.
  • Options
    What types of sources do you use, if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    I never claimed that my reports were read by world leaders, indeed they are not. My work is largely for private clients including NGO's and occasionally (when research tenders are available) for some international institutions. But that has no bearing on the overall basis in international affairs and practice of constant investigation and critique of policy to which i have referred.

Suffice to say that others here demonstrate all too clearly that the extent of their enquiry and comprehension of political realities goes no further than mainstream headline news or worse, tabloid journalism.

And you have posted sites with uncredited sources. So what's worse?
  • Options
    Au contraire dear little evasion artist, the citation to which you continue to refer was duly responded to ages ago with clear verifiable link to documented UN population data.

Unfortunately, being the hardcore Zionist and apartheid apologist that you are, you have never ceased to excuse the historically factual atrocities committed (and even boasted of) by your ideological forebears and continued to this day.
  • Options
    I'll side with the consistent application of principle and historic actualities

It seems more like you side with lunatics and conspiracy theorists, to be honest.

Your theories lack any sort of credibility.
  • Options
    Coming from a regular king of one line retorts, such evaluation holds little weight.

I refer to my earlier commentary on those who constantly allude to "theories".
  • Options
    Au contraire dear little evasion artist, the citation to which you continue to refer was duly responded to ages ago with clear verifiable link to documented UN population data.

Unfortunately, being the hardcore Zionist and apartheid apologist that you are, you have never ceased to excuse the historically factual atrocities committed (and even boasted of) by your ideological forebears and continued to this day.

I don't think we're talking about the same website.

And could you please stop being so demeaning? It doesn't suit you.
    Why am I evasive? Can you try explaing that without using creative adjectives.
  • Options
    And you have posted sites with uncredited sources. So what's worse?

For fuck's sake. Clandestine is everything you might want in a poster. Articulate, erudite, knowledgable. The fact he wastes so much time on here, knowing that only a part (at best) of what is written will hit home should be proof of his sincerity.

You might not agree with the analysis, but you have to admire the thought and education that goes into it. It far outweighs anyone else I see posting regularly on here. Tbh only Blagsta comes close, and he is pulling the stars down to earth more by sheer rage and persistence than by any academic gifts.

I wish I could match such erudition in my own posts, it would serve me so much better than my cack-handed attempts to stimulate thought.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    For fuck's sake. Clandestine is everything you might want in a poster. Articulate, erudite, knowledgable. The fact he wastes so much time on here, knowing that only a part (at best) of what is written will hit home should be proof of his sincerity.

You might not agree with the analysis, but you have to admire the thought and education that goes into it. It far outweighs anyone else I see posting regularly on here. Tbh only Blagsta comes close, and he is pulling the stars down to earth more by sheer rage and persistence than by any academic gifts.

I wish I could match such erudition in my own posts, it would serve me so much better than my cack-handed attempts to stimulate thought.

In all seriousness... No, I don't admire his style at all.
    He does everything he criticises others for. He has no sense of rhetorics, and the fact that I downright disagree with him, doesn't help either.
    Not even impressed by his language. He doesn't know how to consstruct sentences systematically and his vocabulary might be big, but he doesn't know how to use it properly. It's not professional language, if that is what he is aiming for.