Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

THE PILL (again)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know there's loads of info about the pill but i've had a root around and i cant seem to find what i'm looking for so...

i took my last pill on thursday and am now on period, i threw up this morning (evil alcohol) and i was just wondering if they being sick/missed pill thing still applies in the 7 day break? since its been 5 days since i last took a pill they will all have been absorbed so do i have to worry about using contraception for the next 7 days?

also on the contraception section of this site it says that if you miss one pill then contraception won't be affected for mycrogynon 30...is this right? i thought if you even missed one you had to wait 7 days... :confused:

thanks for any advice. i really should know these things i've been on the pill a year and a half!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have no idea about how covered you are in your break, but you are right, throwing up 5 days after taking you last pill is very unlikely to cause it to be less effective - it would most likely to have all been absorbed :yes:
    If you ring the fpa helpline they'll tell you:

Family Planning Association Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334
    that website says you can miss up to TWO pills without contraception being affected! *confused*
    when in doubt, don't risk it...condoms or abstinence. :yes:
    Being sick on your break won't affect your protection, because there was no pill inside you to throw up, so there for no hormones to throw up either.
    beans wrote:
    Being sick on your break won't affect your protection, because there was no pill inside you to throw up, so there for no hormones to throw up either.
    Thats what I was going to say too :yes: