Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I heard it in the pub...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Post all your dodgy transfer rumours for the summer in here

so far i've heard...

Man Utd : in Torres, Downing, Essien, Van Der Vaart, de Jong, R.Wright,
: out Kleberson, Miller

Liverpool : in Reina, Joaquin, Aimar, Hargreaves, Vicente, Baraja
: out Traore, Hamman, Kewell, Baros
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Joaquin, Aimar and Vicente going to Liverpool :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Every decent player in the world --> Chelsea
  • Options
    Torres is a very good, young and promising player and Madrid and Barcelona are more or less known to be after him, so I wouldn't be surprised if United and Chelsea also are.

Some people at Madrid think Beckham and Owen could well leave. It'd be interesting to see where they would end up- but most probably at an English club.
  • Options
    Rumour I heard was that United were lookng at Owen... other than that it was Arsenal for both.

I'd also heard about Torres, although I'd also heard that the clubs had agreed this some time agao. As they were a plc they would have to declare such agreement to the StockEx so I'd dimissed it. Of course, no such worries apply now...

I'd also heard about Reina going to Liverpool, in fact I thought it was a done deal, but nothing on the others.

Typical end of season guess work by the media IMHO
  • Options
    I'd love Torres as United even if it meant selling RvN, I rate him very highly. A young front 3 of Rooney, Torres and Ronaldo is mouth-watering. And would rival anything Chel$ki could put together.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Hopefully old Clive will be coming to Saints coach. Would be intresting.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think the banker deal of the summer is going to be Adriano to Chelsea.
  • Options
    Arsenal : In - Beckham, SWP, Hleb, Owen, Hillenbrand(sp?), Mahamadou Diarra, Essien, Trezeguet.
    Out : Freddie, Ralph, Reyes, Edu, Pires, Henry, Vieira (it wouldn't be summer without it), Cole, Taylor.

Edu going is almost a certainty, I'd say Stuart Taylor leaving as well. I'd expect us to bid for Hleb but all the others are shite. I'll be expecting the usual "kid from (insert African Nation here) with a European passport" signings and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    I'd love Torres as United even if it meant selling RvN

Agree.

I'm not sure that RvN is happy there now. Not since Beckham left because the way he plays no longer suits the way the team play...
  • Options
    Well United just realeased Roy Carrol AND Ricardo today. So at least one 'keeper will be heading our way this summer.

Rumours I've seen so far: Given (Newcastle), Cudicini (Chelsea), Robinson (Spurs), Gomes (PSV), De Sanctis (Udinese), Casillas (Real Madrid), Toldo (Inter), Moreira (Benfica).

...and more.
  • Options
    Not heard any but..... I hope liverpool keep Gerrard as it was though he was leaving and get a few extra decent players and whoop some ass next season :)
  • Options
    Frey (parma) to united? he's been desperate for a move to england apparently.

today i've heard Robinho to arsenal as well.
  • Options
    Just to add: Buffon to United in The Sun today.

My money's on a British/Irish player though, namely Robinson or Given. I'm not bothered which one, both very decent, but I'd prefer Given, just to add another Irishman to the ranks. ;)
  • Options
    O_o wrote:

today i've heard Robinho to arsenal as well.

Whereever you heard that from has got it totally wrong. He wouldnt be able to get a work permit so if he was to be bought he'd have to be loaned somewhere like portugal/spain until he either got european citizenship or managed to gain the required number of caps.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Buffon to United

:lol:

Never happen.
  • Options
    :lol:

Never happen.

Yes, exactly, which is why this thread is entitled 'heard it in the pub'.

Heard loads more keeper rumours as well but the Robinson/Given ones seem to be the most reoccuring. Read about signing Kiely from Charlton as back-up for Robinson as well today.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yes, exactly, which is why this thread is entitled 'heard it in the pub'.

I couldn't even believe that The Sun thought it worthy of printing (other than the fact it was a United-related story) - it's not as if Buffon is likely to leave the biggest club in Italy, current Champions...
    Heard loads more keeper rumours as well but the Robinson/Given ones seem to be the most reoccuring. Read about signing Kiely from Charlton as back-up for Robinson as well today.

i'd be surprised by Given but not Robinson. I was actually surprised that Robinson went to Spurs and Fergie didn't snap him up then.

Wouldn't be too upset with Kiely either... only as cover mind.
  • Options
    Roy Keane to celtic
    Bobo Balde to Byern Munich
  • Options
    I couldn't even believe that The Sun thought it worthy of printing (other than the fact it was a United-related story) - it's not as if Buffon is likely to leave the biggest club in Italy, current Champions...

The same paper today reports a swap deal with Barcelona involving Van Nistelrooy and Eto'o. I think we'd probably need to add cash to that deal.

Oh and just to add while we're on the matter of strikers: Diego Forlan became Europe's top goal scorer this season along with Henry after scoring twice at the weekend. :banghead: But seriously, fair play to him, I'm happy to see him do well because he always gave his all at United and remained a fan favourite despite his poor return. And perhaps it is just down to the Spanish game suiting him better than the pemiership.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    The same paper today reports a swap deal with Barcelona involving Van Nistelrooy and Eto'o.

Cracking isn't it? Do you think they have a laugh in the office - "C'mon lads, what's the most outrageous transfer deal we can suggest today..?
    Oh and just to add while we're on the matter of strikers: Diego Forlan became Europe's top goal scorer this season along with Henry after scoring twice at the weekend. :banghead: But seriously, fair play to him, I'm happy to see him do well because he always gave his all at United and remained a fan favourite despite his poor return. And perhaps it is just down to the Spanish game suiting him better than the pemiership.

I'm chuffed for the guy. He always worked hard, had some shit luck and complete lack of support from the boss. Of course, the different style of play helped.

Hopefully though it will shut up those people who thought he was crap.

Ironic that he alone has scored more than our entire front line this year...
  • Options
    Beckham has been inserting his tongue into Glazer's bottom according to Sky, I do wonder if he fancies a return to OT as Fergie walks out the other way.

Robinson seems to be an odd one. Wenger turned him down after a trial, I do wonder if Ferguson saw that and decided not to bother then.

The top rumour at the moment is Michael Bridges to Bradford City, mind :lol: