Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

If your partner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
said they don't know if they want to be in a relationship, they still love you and miss you but they are having confusing feelings, would you wait around for them if they promised to stay faithful?
hhmmm discuss :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    said they don't know if they want to be in a relationship, they still love you and miss you but they are having confusing feelings, would you wait around for them if they promised to stay faithful?
    depends. if I really thought they were serious and really wanted them to come back at any cost, then yeah.
    If I suspected they might be taking the piss and wanting to dump me gently, yet keep me faithful - ie keeping their options open so they can screw around and me wait for them, then no.
    it would totally depend on the person, the situation, the feelings, etc... kind of impossible to give a straight answer to that question i think. :)
    I've had that in the past and I stuck around for a couple of weeks whilst he sorted his head out. We lasted another ten months after that then split for good.

I'd view it as a sign that they're looking for the space to be young and live life without feeling tied down. But of course, every situation is different. :)
    depends. if I really thought they were serious and really wanted them to come back at any cost, then yeah.
    If I suspected they might be taking the piss and wanting to dump me gently, yet keep me faithful - ie keeping their options open so they can screw around and me wait for them, then no.

same, pretty much.

it would also depend on how the relationship had been up until that point, and if there was anything else going on in their life they might need to work through.
    Yeah, it would depend on the circumstances, and as long as it wasn't a regular occurance. I would hope though that whatever his problems were we could talk them through/sort it out rather than him dissapear for a couple of weeks, and as long as it wasn't a cop out to snog other women or what have you.
    In my own personal experience it's meant clinging onto my heartstrings...to hook up with other birds in the sports faculty...but coming back to say "I still love you, I would hate to see you with someone else"

Will not always be like this, but that's it's been with me..!
    Yeah I would wait for them if I loved them and was knew they honestly loved me. But I wouldn't wait forever. Granted peolpe do need time to make up their minds and settle into a serious comitment but I've always thought if you truly do want something you will take the risk. If they don't view you as being worth the risk and keep you waiting to long, you aren't worth it to them so you have to move on
    VinylVicky wrote:

.. that kinda reminds of that saying about having your cake and eating it!!

I.e. wanting you but not wanting the stuff that comes in being in a relationship ... if that makes any kinda sense :)
    I would just let him get on with it, confused men dont want what they can have but want what they cant.

I'd tell him to do what he likes, and make it clear that while he is having his 'time out' from our relationship, I will be doing the same. I'd get myself out with the girls (or guys) and have a bloody good time.

I wouldn't sit around moping. Once he realised I was out and about, enjoying life without him I daresay he might understand what he stood to lose. If not then it obviously wasn't meant to be.

I'd never beg, if I begged him to come home and he did, I'd always wonder if he came home out of pity or guilt.