Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Head Zaps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had a pretty hardcore week. Finished my 2nd year Uni exams on Tuesday there so basically decided to abuse myself after all the hard work. Tanned 5 pills and boozed on Tuesday night, smoked skunk and drank all day Wednesday, more pills Thursday, and more drinking and smoking along with it. When I lay down to sleep on Friday, I closed my eyes expecting to drift off. In a state of semi-conciousness, I experienced what could only be described as a like an aeroplane engine noise building to a crescendo in my head and climaxing with what I would describe as a head zap and then I would quickly wake up. This continued to happen several times as I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Was very strange indeed.

Then over the last few days, I have been getting the odd feeling where I think I'm going to black out, very light-headed, but it lasts only a second and then subsides. I have been suffering a bit of a bug (headaches, nausea) so that can't have helped, but I've certainly been having some very surreal experiences. The head zap things were totally mad and I'm wondering what they may have been, or what their root cause is?

Comments

• Options
    I've suffered from this ever since I started doing pills/mdma/speed/coke.

It's called Menière's Syndrome, and it's been documented on some sites. Dunno how common it is, but there's a (fairly complicated) explanation here.
  • Options
    I've had that after too big a weekend session. After it happening a couple of times, I soon cut back and calmed down... was affecting me too much. Am pretty much off drugs at the moment... They just stopped doing much without caning loads and so it wasn't worth it. Booze is always good... Just so bloody pricey!

Ah well!
  • Options
    Oh, and just to add:

It seems to be aggravated when trying to sleep. I've also found that reading just before going to sleep aggravates it...something to do with the sideways eye movements (for me, anyway).
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    I've had a pretty hardcore week. Finished my 2nd year Uni exams on Tuesday there so basically decided to abuse myself after all the hard work. Tanned 5 pills and boozed on Tuesday night, smoked skunk and drank all day Wednesday, more pills Thursday, and more drinking and smoking along with it. When I lay down to sleep on Friday, I closed my eyes expecting to drift off. In a state of semi-conciousness, I experienced what could only be described as a like an aeroplane engine noise building to a crescendo in my head and climaxing with what I would describe as a head zap and then I would quickly wake up. This continued to happen several times as I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Was very strange indeed.

Then over the last few days, I have been getting the odd feeling where I think I'm going to black out, very light-headed, but it lasts only a second and then subsides. I have been suffering a bit of a bug (headaches, nausea) so that can't have helped, but I've certainly been having some very surreal experiences. The head zap things were totally mad and I'm wondering what they may have been, or what their root cause is?

yep i get that aswell...though mine sounds like there's a big fire alarm going off in my head, really loud noises, feels like your head is going to explode...it's definately all the drug taking, especially yokes, i only ever seem to get it when i do them....
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yep i get that aswell...though mine sounds like there's a big fire alarm going off in my head, really loud noises, feels like your head is going to explode...it's definately all the drug taking, especially yokes, i only ever seem to get it when i do them....

Yea, that's the one. It feels like my head will explode but then I just snap out of it. I don't usually suffer negative effects from drugs, always enjoyed comedowns and the like but this has certainly made me take a step back and reevaluate. I think I'll put it down to too much abuse this week. But you know the score, it had to be done. ;)