Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Love is different for males/females?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know, but it seems like I always love my girlfriends more than they love me. They say they want us to be together forever, but then leave when someone better comes along. Maybe men feel love differently than women, this explains our possessiveness. Honestly, females, would you leave your currnet mate for someone better i.e. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Bill Gates etc...

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, that could be true. A lot of females are materialistic (sorry to generalize). I personally think this topic is a lot deeper than that, but I've just noticed that I've been up for 16 hours and I need a nap.
  • Options
    Well all my bf's loved me more but only when i left them (they didnt know how good they had it :p )

But until me and my ex broke i didnt realise how much i loved him. its weird how you only notice things once they have gone. if only we had realised it b4 we broke up we could have made eachother very happy... shame!!!

But anyway back to the subject, i do know what you mean
  • Options
    I could never leave my bloke, not even for Johnny Depp or Amy Lee.. My love is incredably intense, i sometimes worry that i love him more than he could love me, though he assures me that could never be true. :love:
  • Options
    I could never leave my boyfriend for George Clooney or someone like that (although i do joke about it with him). Dont think they'd make me feel so safe, and happy & make me laugh so much!

But i feel it the other way around sometimes. I feel like my boyfriend doesnt love me as much as i love him but i had a chat with him yesterday & he just said he finds it hard to express his emotions, especially when it comes to being romantic.
  • Options
    I think a lot of the time its a case of the grass being greener on the other side, you're in a relationship with someone you think is "the one" and that you want to spend your life with, only then someone else comes along who you could see yourself having more intense feelings for etc.

Seriously though with my current partner I would not leave him for anyone, because he gives me everything I need and I hope that the same applies to him. I can understand the appeal to some girls of starting a new relationship with someone if the relationship they are currently in is getting a bit "samey" but the novelty of a new relationship quickly wears off and you are back to where you started.

Really though if a girl leaves you for someone "better" I don't think it is a sign that you're not good enough or anything, just a sign of that she wasn't really happy in the relationship in the first place and it took her meeting someone else to realise that. But we aren't all like this!
  • Options
    That's kinda unfair to say. No, not all girls are like that. As you can see some people have posted, boys can be like that too. It depends on the personality, not the gender.
  • Options
    My Boyfriend has a problem with not expressing his emotions. Sometimes he breaks out in song in a public place....which isn't bad, but kind of embarrassing sometimes. I'm the one that has problems with it because my ex boyfriend never talked about "us", so I learned to not talk either. Now I can't get back into the habit. Anyway, I think that some girls have problems with staying in one place. Just like some guys do, too. She can love you so much it tears her apart to think of not being with you, but then she sees someone new and exciting....someone different. The infatuation takes over love in some cases, and that's why some breakups happen. But regret will follow when she realizes that she loves you more than she could ever love anyone else.
  • Options
    Nazi_Halo wrote:
    That's kinda unfair to say. No, not all girls are like that. As you can see some people have posted, boys can be like that too. It depends on the personality, not the gender.

Yup, couldn't agree more. I think if you always find that you 'love your girlfriends more' than maybe you are going for the wrong women?
  • Options
    in most types of relationhips there is those whoove one more than the other,
    Its often said that the one who doesnt love the other as much has all the power as dont really care wat happens. common example is men messing girls about as they re only after thir bit-

jut dont come on too strong or talk ong term or too touchy feely too early nd hopefully the reltionhip can bloom at same stage for both and create a good balance and feeling in the rel.

At least U know now instead of furher down the line
  • Options
    im actually well jealous :(

it always seems to be me having more feeling than the girls, my mates actually take the piss out of me for being so soft
  • Options
    NO!! I've never been attracted to anyone I don't know personally b/c looks are so misleading. I know my boyfriend is the best thing out and is just what I need/want. I also think that I love him more than he loves me but that could be because our way of expressing our love is different. I'am sure that i wouldn't leave him for any new "thrill"
  • Options
    Story of my life.

Well its true,cos i always say women have two types of guys and thats the guy they are with and the guy they should be with.They seems to be looking for something but dont even know what they want. Mostly when a new and say better guy comes along they leave..(maybe they are becoming more materialistic) cos if you were so rich,they wouldnt leave you anyway.....Women stop that:)
  • Options
    I always thought blokes just lusted and that was it.... sorry but I have only ever experienced love from a guy once, and we broke up 1 yr and a half ago. He still wants me and hasn't had a gf since, i just wish I felt the same! But you can't force someone to love.