Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

First time users

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend and I are thinking of trying Cannabis for the first time. A lot of our friends do it and they say it has no effect on you but to make you more relaxed, and that you still have complete control. But I can't take their word for it, as you can tell by the fact that I'm actually checking this stuff out before I do it, I'm still a bit worried. This stuff about your short term memory, that's not a permanent effect is it? Also, is it different the first time you do it? Does it have more of an effect because you're not used to it? Is there a chance of things going scarily wrong like with other drugs? Is it stupid to try it for the first time in an unfamiliar place full of people - like a festival, cos this is where we'd have the chance.
Sorry for sounding reeeally stupid and square but you're help would be appreciated if you know what you're talking about!
Thanx a lot! xxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    U will probably get alot people coming on telling u 2 do this or that, people who think they know best. The best thing 2 do is play it by ear, u seem like u want 2 try it 4 curiosity which is understandable. U do have 2 b careful though, no matter what happens. If a time does come along don't b forced 2 have it, u do have a choice. As they say 'the choice is yours'
    I can remember the first time I smoked cannabis well. I thought "so what now?" I thought that it hadn't affected me, but in reality it had. The second and subsequent times it was more noticeable. I used to like grass best. It made me laugh alot and seemed to give me a warped insight into irrelevant topics. Great fun.

If I were you, I'd avoid alcohol the first couple of times, mixing the two makes some people nauseous.

Have fun
    First time u smoke cannabis... hmm well ppl react differently... just smoke a little cos some ppl like with cigs.... ppl have different reactions... u might whitey which aint nice.. or u might b ok.. just smoke a little n leave it for an hour or so b 4 u smoke more....