Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New Labours Dirty Tricks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tonight on Channel 4: Undercover in New Labour. Despatches sent a reporter to work in Labours press office during the election campaign who discovered all the dirty tricks they employed.
Should be good entertaining viewing.

Comments

• Options
    But I thought that everyone in the economy was motivated by profit?

How come anyone would go into politics to be able to do dirty tricks?

Yes, it should be fascinating and weeks to late. :yes:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Tonight on Channel 4: Undercover in New Labour. Despatches sent a reporter to work in Labours press office during the election campaign who discovered all the dirty tricks they employed.

I am sure these "dirty tricks" happened in every campaign office of every party up and down the country.

These programmes are biased, the Undercover Angels one with the so-called monstrous and uncaring nurses. What the programme didnt tell you was that they went to 4 different wards in the hospital over a period of 3 months - didnt get enough material and found the ward they used. One that was understaffed and using Bank and Agency nurses - some of the things were shocking, I agree but not to the extent that was portrayed - especially in the advertsing of it. One event sticks in my mind.. when the Undercover "Angel" foung shit on the floor - instead of cleaning it up like any normal nurse would - she walked away to see if someone else would notice it... :confused:

As with all these programmes, I will take them with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for the undercover documentary into journalistic practices - that could be a real eye opener...
  • Options
    Politicians behave badly to keep in power shock. Stop the presses!
  • Options
    It makes me smile to see all the lefties on here trying to do a damage limitation exercise before the programme is even broadcast. Lighten up, you know how Alistair Campbell and Alan Milburn operate, they're a couple of political thuggish bully boys and we'll see it tonight in full detail.
    I'm really looking forward to it, it'll be the highlight of the evenings viewing. :)
  • Options
    Eh? You won't catch me defending the labour party.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Eh? You won't catch me defending the labour party.
    I thought that was your mission in life.
  • Options
    Never voted Labour in my life...
  • Options
    you will hear and see what you want to hear and see.

as panty said every party has their own dirty tricks. and if a story came out regardig what dirty tricks the conservative had up their sleeves im sure rich kid would be the first to defend them.

in that context, we have to look at reality and that is, dirty tricks against dirty tricks, labours was much better than those of the tories.

besides probably the only reason labour lost so many seats is because of they didnt agree with the iraq war, not because the tories had better policies. which is the bottom line in politics. michael howard looks like a gremlin anyway.
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to tonights programme. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I thought that was your mission in life.

This just goes to show that you never actually bother reading threads. Why do you bother posting?
  • Options
    "as panty said"

That is a poor nickname of my username... :(
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    "as panty said"

That is a poor nickname of my username... :(
    ok ANT.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why do you bother posting?
    Its no bother.
  • Options
    Why do you post when you make no attempt to read threads properly?
  • Options
    hes a belly-button person or kid who probably wish hes prt of the royal family
  • Options
    ok ANT.

Shit. Not Ants and Pants again Mr Roll.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Indeed it should be interesting.

Do you think they'll include the piece about the letters sent out to voters exagerrating the levels of MRSA in their local hospitals?

Oh, hang on....

...that was the Tories.
  • Options
    currently watching this now...and this doesn't happen in the lib dems or tories press offices...politics is a dirty game...all the parties do this, program=rubbish
  • Options
    erm but if rich kid is who he purports ot be, how the hell has he got time to post as much as he does, if he is supposed to be running a company
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    erm but if rich kid is who he purports ot be, how the hell has he got time to post as much as he does, if he is supposed to be running a company
    he could be posting from work....
  • Options
    Well nothing drasticly surprising, oh shock horror the 'real people' arent really real! I think that was fairly bloody obvious to anyone who looks at it already.

The one point which annoyed me more than anything else was about Channel Four, they knew that Labour were staging fake protests yet they didnt report it.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Why do you post when you make no attempt to read threads properly?
    Only yours, they're so boring.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Oh the irony....
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

So why bother replying to me then?
  • Options
    Fake letters to local newspapers, fake demo's, fake "public" at poster launches, fake audience at Blair speeches. Just sums up New Labour and Blair and his corrupt gang, the whole lot of them are fakes

For the man who "wanted to re-connect with the British public", he did a great job of staying away from them. Did he actually meet a real member of the public, I doubt it. He was placed inside a "bubble" that ensured that no-one apart from party hacks could get near him.

Even Nick Robinson, Political Editor of ITV News wasn't allowed to ask a question, and even that Labour toady Andrew Marr got upset.

In summary, the programme merely confirmed what we already know, that New Labour & Blair and gang are manipulators who have utter contempt for the British public, they are simply there to put a cross on a ballot paper at the appropriate time, the rest of the time they can s*d off. They are a corrupt, lying, cheating gang of political shysters, to whom the words "trust, honesty, and democracy" have no meaning.
  • Options
    I bet the other parties did exactly the same....
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So why bother replying to me then?
    See topic - "According to ....."
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I bet the other parties did exactly the same....
    Prove it.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Prove it.

Could you prove anything about Labour without reference to a program I have not seen.

Well we know of the Conservative parties dirty tricks about poster editing and exagerating MRSA....