Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why only guys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it only guys who are allowed to smoke cannabis? why can't us girls do it too? our bodies are just the same as yours when it comes to the effect drugs have on them, why do you slag us off if we get stoned?

Comments

• Options
    Er, can you explain a bit more what you mean? Have you had some kind of bad experience or something?<P class="body">Most guys don't treat their female friends badly just cos they get a bit stoned every now and again.<P class="body">Women can do what they want, and if some narrow-minded dinosaur criticises them, they can just ignore him.<P class="body">Ed
  • Options
    no its just guys never think to offer us some and if i ask they're really like surprised - you can tell that they don't think its a girly thing to do. my boyfriend is the worst. he smokes dope everyday but he won't even let me smoke fags coz "they're bad for you" how unfair?
  • Options
    OK, next time you're with some friends and there's a joint going round and they don't offer you any, make a little joke about it.

Say something like 'come on, don't be so stingy' and they will soon get the message. You have to re-train them a bit, but do it in a friendly way, and they will come round soon enough.

And if you boyfriend is telling you what you are/are not allowed to do, it's not a very equal relationship!Try quietly standing your ground more often, and if that doesn't work you need to have a serious think about the way things are going between you.

Not every bloke is an old fashioned sexist pig you know! And a woman with lots of self confidence and self respect is kinda sexy...

Ed, the wise old lag.
  • Options
    OK, next time you're with some friends and there's a joint going round and they don't offer you any, make a little joke about it.
    Say something like 'come on, don't be so stingy' and they will soon get the message. You have to re-train them a bit, but do it in a friendly way, and they will come round soon enough.

And if you boyfriend is telling you what you are/are not allowed to do, it's not a very equal relationship!Try quietly standing your ground more often, and if that doesn't work you need to have a serious think about the way things are going between you.

Not every bloke is an old fashioned sexist pig you know! And a woman with lots of self confidence and self respect is kinda sexy...

thanx ed very good advice, i'll try it and let you know how i get on.
  • Options
    I dunno what your boy friends like, but it just sounds to me like he cares, I wouldn't want my girlfriend to smoke, cos it's a shit thing to do, smoking pot on the other hand, well I go out smoking with girls all the time n they always get the same as the blokes, just go out n buy some yourself and smoke it in front of him and don't offer any to him see how he'll like it.