Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ill again, could it be his diet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fiance's diet is appauling, he exists on red meat, chips, crisps and sandwhiches and just lately he's been drinking a lot of lager. A couple of weeks ago he came down with a stomach bug (pains, nausea and diarrhoea), now he's got something very similar again. Though he has a phobia of being sick, so he's wretching, but won't allow anything to come up. I'm convinced that if its trying to get out of his system he should let it, but he's too afraid to. He's also a little bit constipated, so i've told him to drink orange juice to help. Could it be down to his diet? I know if you want to lead a healthy life, you must eat a reasonably balalnced diet, could a bad diet make a person more susceptible to illnesses, or could it be an ulcer? He's going to see the doctor tomorow, but i'm worried about him. Any feedback will be appreciated. :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He needs to eat more fresh fruit and veg.

I'm not sure orange juice will help with his constipation, but the sorbitol in apple juice can sometimes help to get things moving. Other home solutions are prunes and olives.

Don't know why you think it's an ulcer, but that can't be ruled out until he sees his doc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its something his mom said, mines the same whenever i have stomach ache its either an ulcer or appendicitus! Lol