Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

please help - so lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya, ive argued with alot of members on this site so if you are reading this could you just ignore it please rather than depress me even more. and i am not used to using punctuation so if you dont mind could you please read it and give any advice you can please.

Right, I am feeling so alone and it keeps popping up in my head about suicide but I dont know why, it would just be alot easier for me.
I recently finished secondary school and you hear parents saying ' those are the best days of your life ' well this is hurting because im never going to get to go back there and thats the only place i could feel myself and never stopped laughing now im going to miss my closest mates and my happy times I am even ' in love ' with a boy who goes there but i dont think it could go anywhee so im not going to try because i dont feel he is interested enough and that will kill me even more and ...
there are alot of problems at home with my dad drinking every day and night him and my mum argueing 24/7. then i broke up with my bf because he wanted to protect himself from getting hurt so would not trust me ( he was getting told lies by my 'best mate' now she isnt but that has left me with no1 because ....
I gradually had to stop going out with my mates because he was getting fed up of me not going down to his thinking i didnt want to but I had hospital appontments ( problems with my liver etc ) then when they were over i needed to spend time with my nan she is disabled and was coughing up blood and i have a huge family and we were all woried because my auntie had died too leaving 2 of my cuzzins orphens so they were living with my nan then I liked to go out with mates but he stopped it all so now i dont go out with them anymore they ask and I do sometimes but not always now because whenever I do im always getting askd to go out with the lads who hang-round with us and im getting fed up of it (actually dont mean to sound bigheaded if thats how that bit comes off) and then my new best mate Annie is so self-obsessed all she talks about is herself n whenever I need someone to talk to shes never there so I have to wait till I see other friends. Also becase of my ex I lost around 10 friends in the street I live in becuase he was argueing with them - so now I cant even walk out my door without feeling horrible and he still consists to argue and then blame it on me!
as i was saying i am going to miss school alot because alot of people ahave left and it would not have been that bad but my school give us nothing to remeber eachother by nothing!
could you please if you even understand this give me any advice on how i could get over the new lad i like and what i should be thinking about school thanx x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you have a lot on your plate. have you called the samaritans? they will listen and its free. they're supposed to be very good.
    if you do need to talk to someone you can phone samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 or email jo@samaritans.org
    and things do get better with time, if you let them. *hugs*
    Firstly sorry to hear you are having a few problems. The Samaritans which was mentioned is a good place to start, its confidential, you dont have to give your name etc etc etc.

But also I think this thread might be better in a different forum because this being the intro forum might not get as many replies. If you do want it moved then PM a Moderator and they will move it for you.
    listen girl. what youre feeling now, you are only feeling it now. i know its cliche but it will pass and you will be up again.

about the boy. you have two choices. you go and ask him out or soemthin (if youve got the balls) so you can get over the issue. you wont know if hes worth it until youve tried. if you dont youll just do your head in. if hes interested then good for you. if hes not then you shouldnt let it bother you cos one lesson in life is you do not always get what you want. second choice is stop thinking about the guy. distract yourself like focus on you school or a level or whatever it is youll be doing.

about school. its true that probably the best time in our lives is secondary. but youll know soon enough that college is even way better. youll be legal to go out clubbing and meet more boys. youll have more freedom. more independence. (actually thats kinda the same thing)

anyway, that sad feeling is all in your head. if you keep thinking of the sad stuff then you wont get over whatever. youll just continue making yourself sad. the secret to being happy is to think of happy thoughts (or maybe that was peter pan?) anyway you know what im talking about.

youll be just fine. ;)
    this too shall pass ...
    thanks for your help people i will try that number :) if you would like me to pm you back later on to let you know how everythings going just ask me plz thanks x x
    Trust me, things are never as bad as they seem. This is coming from someone who has gone through it. I am Bi-Polar and have sever depression sometimes. Things will get better for you.

Suicide is not the answer either. I have had those thoughts and it is the worst feeling in the world. If you ever need someone to talk to. Just email me at bill5martin@aol.com.

Also, you have made the first step. You actually asked for help. It takes a lot of courage to do that. You are much stronger than you think.

When you get those suicidal thoughts. Try and think of the good times you have had. All the people who do care about you. I see you have many problems, but you seem to be dealing with it well. Try to keep negative things and people out of your life. If you know someone is going to depress You. Try to avoid them as much as possible. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Bill
    Hi ! :wave:
    its hard, you are now at a point in your life where everything is changes and there is nowt you can do to stop it and its scary. if you are feeling isolated try joining a club or a night class to get you meeting new people.as for the lad stuff, its always hard to get over someone but i believe there is someone for everyone, if he doesnt want you , he's not the one....which means he's still out there waiting for you.

also have you decided on your next move? college, a levels or a job, or even just a summer job temporarily? all of those things will introduce you to new people, or people you haven't known well in the past and will make you feel better in yourself and more confident.
    suicide is never an answer, and at least you still have matt as a mate.

take care