Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best friend wont stop taking E's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    You can't stop your friends taking drugs and i personally don't think you should be trying to.<P class="body">So long as your mate knows the effects aND the risks AND ISN'T DEPENDENT On drugs for a good time then it shouldn't be a problem. it's when you can't do without them that it's a problem.<P class="body">i have friends who take drugs lots, friends who take drugs sometimes and some who don't take them at all - and everyone is respected for their own choices.
  • Options
    Best thing u can do isn't telling her to stop. E's in my experiance r perfectly safe, I've taken hundreds maybe even 1000, and have only once had a bad experience.
    Just make sure she's safe when she's taking them, e.g. water, chewing gum, doesn't drink too much stuff like that.
    E's arn't as dangerous as they make out, make sure he doesn't start taking too many at once though cos that'll hurt her bank balance and it's easily done, make sure she has rests from them as well, a month off them, is not just good for the brain it's good for tolerance levels as well.
  • Options
    In my experience its not really the pills as such that can become addictive, its more like the feeling. Sometimes it feels like you can't enjoy yourself properly unless you are wasted. However, for most people its just one of those phases and a bit of experimentation. I wouldn't worry too much alcohol is more of a danger and is more addicitive.
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me how alcohol being more dangerous than most other drugs works? I've never known anyone die or get extremely ill from one glass of something alcoholic (unless it was one hell of a big glass! :-)) - but half a tablet of this, a shot of that - so many other drugs can kill on their first use, so the phrases used so much on here 'try everything once' and 'live life to the full' seem to grate. And people who quote mindless statistics at me - only 1 in 1,000 people die from this drug or that drug - well that's all very well for the 999 people, but you're kinda screwed if you're number 1,000 aren't u?!!
    I'm not a bible basher, a prude, a nerd - i go out clubbing in london all the time, and come out grinning and in need of a shower where the deoderant missed, and all without the use of anything more than me, my friends and some good music.
  • Options
    I think that you should sit down and have a serious talk with your friend! tell them that if they don't stop it then they are bound to get caught! if you was a good friend you would try and stop your friend and if they are a good friend they would either stop or at least get help for it! the first thing is that your friend has to admit that they have a problem (which is the hardest thing) before taking any councilling or any other advice.
  • Options
    If your mate wants to do pills it is her problem. All you can do is make sure she is safe and dosen't over do it. You can't force your opinions on people. I do E and i don't find it a problem at all. My mates don't and they just leave me to it. p.s. i am a new comer so go easy on my.