Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

LONG TERM BLEEDING ON THE PILL

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im a 17 yr old female from bham.

i am on my 3 packet of the pill logynon. i hav had no 7 day breaks so far due to the fact that i have been on 2 types of antibiotics and it says in my leaflet if u have 7 or less pills in a packet u carry on with the next packet without a break! this is ok and safe as my doctor has told me.

the only thing is i hav had very very light bleeding and sometimes brown discharge everyday since the first day i took my first pill on pack one. im not sure why and i hav asked the doctors if it is normal and they said it was my body getting used to the pill but surely not for this long? is the fact that i hav been taking antibiotics and not havng a break effecting it? i am puzzled!

please help me!
lv warped!

Since i was born i started to decay. Nuthin ever ever goes my way.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by warped:
    hi im a 17 yr old female from bham.

i am on my 3 packet of the pill logynon. i hav had no 7 day breaks so far due to the fact that i have been on 2 types of antibiotics and it says in my leaflet if u have 7 or less pills in a packet u carry on with the next packet without a break! this is ok and safe as my doctor has told me.

the only thing is i hav had very very light bleeding and sometimes brown discharge everyday since the first day i took my first pill on pack one. im not sure why and i hav asked the doctors if it is normal and they said it was my body getting used to the pill but surely not for this long? is the fact that i hav been taking antibiotics and not havng a break effecting it? i am puzzled!

please help me!
    lv warped!

It can take up to 6 months to get used to the pill. Listen to your GP, but if you're really not happy then change GPs

j9

A wise man is always happy to be corrected
    6 months? oh my god....its really pissing me off.

it isnt my GP. i went to a family planning clinic. its got doctors and stuff but not my regular GP.
    Double check with the clinic, tell them you're still worried and get them to give you a really clear answer. I'm sure they're very used to all these questions and if you ask them (even if you ask them a million times) they really won't mind. I'm sure they know a lot more than we do!