Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Skunk may be reclassified

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to basically repeat everyones thoughts- they couldnt possibly reclass skunk without reclassing all weed. It would take too many man-hours to take the time to differentiate between the two, and would be a waste of police and court (and purhaps lab) resources...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Neither could I , everything on google said it was class A so we are all behind the times...

I'll do more of a search and try and find a definate answer.
  • Options
    Cannabis oil is definately Class C schedule 2, so says the Home Office in this report;

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/docs2/hoc0504.html

"The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Modification) (No. 2) Order 2003 (S.I. 2003/3201) reclassifies cannabinol and cannabinol derivatives (previously Class A drugs) and cannabis and cannabis resin (previously Class B drugs) as Class C drugs in Schedule 2 to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 with effect from 29 January 2004. In addition, any substance which is an ester or ether (that is, a product) either of cannabinol or of a cannabinol derivative (previously a Class A drug) is reclassified as a Class C drug. (As a result of these changes, it should be noted that cannabis oil is subject to control under the 1971 Act as a Class C drug.) "
  • Options
    whats so dangeorus about cannabis oil anyway and why did it move from class A to class C so easily...you wouldn't see the government doing that with heroin and cocaine...is it because everything to do with the drug cannabis had to be lowered or something?
  • Options
    Basically it was all moved to Class C, though why they moved oil as well I'm not sure.

As for oil being Class A, it was there because it was seen as more dangerous, being a pure product (which it isnt).
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cheers for clarifying that Bong, now we all know!
  • Options
    Not a problem, the bloke who told me is virtually always right, though he did recently call Salvia a tryptamine!!!
  • Options
    :yeees:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It may be stronger yes, but the answer is simply to smoke less and not be greedy. Quite easy really.
    so true ...thats why people don't drink pints of vodka.
  • Options
    so true ...thats why people don't drink pints of vodka.

We obviously drink in different establishments my friend.
  • Options
    What irritates me is that you cant really test for THC%. Not in the sense of it being on the street, it simply would have no bearing on that particular strain. Every consumers weed is going to be different near enough, after maturation/curing time and when it actually arrives to the consumer its all going to be so varied across the scale anyways.

coherent?:)
  • Options
    The only way the police could impliment a differing classification for skunk would be to take the cannabis sample to the lab, then call back the person to be charged or cautioned.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The only way the police could impliment a differing classification for skunk would be to take the cannabis sample to the lab, then call back the person to be charged or cautioned.

which surely they wont do, just think of the amount of man-hours that would take up, as opposed to using them to deal with violent crime etc...?
  • Options
    Well no, if they do make the change basically it will be in the police's hands as to whether your green looks like skunk, and if it does then you'll be charged with Class B.

Its a total joke of course, but its making the government sound tough on the drugs issue.
  • Options
    Personally, skunk is alot stronger than normal cannabis, thats how i came up with the expression 1 spliff wonder :D , i personally prefer skunk, but in the wrong hands.. it could be seriously dangerous.. :(
  • Options
    LilMizME wrote:
    it could be seriously dangerous.. :(

:confused: it's not a WMD...the best hash is better than the best weed but the best hash is never or rarely found on the streets of the UK...
  • Options
    LilMizME wrote:
    Personally, skunk is alot stronger than normal cannabis, thats how i came up with the expression 1 spliff wonder :D , i personally prefer skunk, but in the wrong hands.. it could be seriously dangerous.. :(

It really isnt any more or less dangerous than other forms of cannabis, if you roll a fat pure spliff of bog weed it will do the same job as an ordinary spliff with skunk in it.

Skunk doesnt have some magical property that makes it different, its just a bit stronger thats all.