Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rolling Mats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They're fantastic.

I wouldn't say I'm the most accomplished roller but I'm not bad. But I bought a rolling mat recently and now I swear by the thing. Handy piece of equipment to have lying in the sitting room indeed. It enables you to roll incredibly perfect joints, with great length should you wish. Does anyone else use these, or have any experience of them?

Comments

• Options
    i can roll by hand.

but why bother? a mat gives you so much more control and generally my joints look better than most peoples.

but i dont smoke much j's :)
  • Options
    I can never be arsed to learn how to roll. So I make a mix and bong 'tills I can't bong no more!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    a mat gives you so much more control

Does it fuck.
    It just makes makes reasonable joints every time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Does it fuck.
    It just makes makes reasonable joints every time.

Maybe its the user.

each to their own, my joints are damn good and i can vary them and produce exactly what i want to do with them each time.

non of this spindly shit. :yeees:
  • Options
    i know mats do the job just as good but its a buzz on it's own when you roll it by hand, sense of accomplishment or something like that...
  • Options
    Rolling mats may produce good joints but the styles you can produce using them are limited. innit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

I had a boyfriend when I was about 15 who used to roll with one of those mats. I was so impressed - and then he'd pull out this fax-roll of a spliff with a manic and triumphant grin on his face! Really good for when there's a bunch of people around, and nobody else can be bothered to roll!

I never got the hang of it myself though. I used a rolling machine for years and had to endure the teasing of the 'crap little girly who couldn't roll her own!'

Man - I've seen some weird rolling techniques in my time though. Does anyone remember the one (that takes sodding ages to make) that looks like a flower (or is supposed to!) Can't rememebr what it's called though. I used to get so bored waiting for them - I'd have two rolled and smoked by the time the spliff artiste was finished with his creation!
  • Options
    Solan wrote:
    Man - I've seen some weird rolling techniques in my time though. Does anyone remember the one (that takes sodding ages to make) that looks like a flower (or is supposed to!) Can't rememebr what it's called though.

That'll be the 'Tulip' and one of the easiest to build infact... there are alot harder styles to be rolled...
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Rolling mats may produce good joints but the styles you can produce using them are limited. innit.

Yes, that's true, but most of my smoking is just everyday joints in my flat. I'm not interested in making some extravagant origami-esque reefer when I want a smoke after dinner. I can roll by hand, and enjoy the ritual involved, but the mat just seems to give me more control, and there's less effort involved which is nice when you're sittin watchin tv and can't be arsed to think.
  • Options
    Besides, i only various sizes and its is straight or coned.

It doesnt make sense to make flower shaped ones etc, and im pretty artistic..but id rather get cut man.

Besides, theres a notion where robust joints burn better and at a slightly higher temperature for better smoking, high.
  • Options
    It doesnt make sense to make flower shaped ones etc, and im pretty artistic..but id rather get cut man.

Nah, Tulips are great and will get you monged, but there's a time and a place. I wouldn't be arsed with the hassle of rollin' one up in the evenings when I just want a casual smoke.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Nah, Tulips are great and will get you monged, but there's a time and a place. I wouldn't be arsed with the hassle of rollin' one up in the evenings when I just want a casual smoke.

how can they get you more monged?

thats not logical.
  • Options
    how can they get you more monged?

thats not logical.

How is it not?
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    How is it not?

Think about.

Its not like its any better than having a big cone or anything, or two normal sizes..the notion that bigger gets you more stoned is not very clever.
  • Options
    Think about.

Its not like its any better than having a big cone or anything, or two normal sizes..the notion that bigger gets you more stoned is not very clever.

:confused:

I disagree. A drag from a tulip compares more to a bong hit than a normal toke from a joint. In my experience they will fuck you up quite well. It's just too much hassle to roll them all the time. It's a nice party trick at the weekends or something though.
  • Options
    Think about.

well by definition the bigger it gets the more blow you're going to put into it...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    well by definition the bigger it gets the more blow you're going to put into it...

ahhh thats not logical really tho :p

I put a lot into only a small joint, at least four layers..by the time ive smoked that i could be onto my second one.

No way does any joint compare with a bong or bucket hit, not the same yo. :)
  • Options
    No way does any joint compare with a bong or bucket hit, not the same yo. :)

Yes, but a tulip hit will compare more to a bong-hit than a normal joint, thereby getting you more monged.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    but a tulip hit will compare more to a bong-hit

how? :)
  • Options
    how? :)

Because you can get a stronger hit than from a toke on a normal joint.

It's just one method among many. Some are more effective at getting a good hit than others, but they usually involve more hassle.
  • Options
    Anyone who says that a mat gives them more 'control' obvioulsy doesn't know how to use their fingers. Plain and simple.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've known people who always go out of their way to make fat cones or this style or other, its mostly just a dick measuring thing though and in my view totally pointless.

Just roll something as strong as you like with the minimum of tobacco and away you go.

Why bother with anything else unless for some reason you have to 'impress' your mates?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've known people who always go out of their way to make fat cones or this style or other, its mostly just a dick measuring thing though and in my view totally pointless.

Just roll something as strong as you like with the minimum of tobacco and away you go.

Why bother with anything else unless for some reason you have to 'impress' your mates?

well thats it...i've got mates and they're like "aw i rolled a massive cone last night, wanna see the size of it" i couldn't care less, i don't even know how to roll cones or tullips or windmills or shit like that, just normal joints, does the job alright...
  • Options
    Exactly, I used to do it when I was a teenager but, well you sort of grow out of it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Because it's easier and quicker? That's why I use a rolling mat anyway. Don't tend to make the origami joints though, but they're nice once in a while, for a bit of a novelty, nothing more. And there's nothing wrong with impressing your mates as long as you aren't doing it to somehow project your own image. Tis only a bit of craic.
  • Options
    Think about.

i simply cannot be bothered with making stupid size joints or amzing creations.
    pack of blue slims, bit of fag and some weed is all you really need to just chill without caning your lungs with bongs.

but then again each to their own