Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

Thought I'd just say hi to everyone. Been reading the boards for ages but never signed up - I think it's about time to start posting :D

Natalie

Comments

• Options
    Ello and welcome...hope ya have fun here :wave:
  • Options
    Hiya ;) :wave:
  • Options
    hiya nat,tell us about you
  • Options
    Hullo and welcome :wave: :D

Malt xxx :D
  • Options
    Hey! Happy posting :)

Enjoy..
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hullo :wave:
  • Options
    hellooo

well - hmm - let's see - I graduated last year :D then started my own web design business with a friend and that's going quite well. Will leave that though to start medicine in september :D can't wait!! My first degree was computer science btw - people think I'm mad! Oh and half way through that I launched eunibooks.co.uk - which is a place for students to buy and sell books, so I'm hoping to manage that while I'm studying medicine. Just to keep me even more busy!

and that's me!
  • Options
    Wow you sound like you have a lot on right now and for the future thats always good to here - someone knowing what they want out of life.

Welcome to thesite lovey x
  • Options
    Welcome to TheSite :wave:
  • Options
    aimz wrote:
    Wow you sound like you have a lot on right now and for the future thats always good to here - someone knowing what they want out of life.

Welcome to thesite lovey x

As for a lot on - yes - it's far more work than A-levels or a degree.

But would you believe that I have no plans for the future anymore! I used to be really determined and did a whole life plan etc. .......do a computer science degree .... get a computing/finance job .... get a house .... etc etc

But then when researching career options etc in my 2nd year - I just realised that I don't think I would enjoy the life of an investment banker, or working in an office. And it would take so long to work my way up and achieve anything. I just don't have that kind of patience for something that's so meaningless - i.e. working for a company and making money for them and the people up the top!

I decided to apply for medicine just to leave my options open. I feel this is for me. But then I felt computer science was for me and it wasn't.

The thought of 5 years as a student, and then more studying, exams etc does scare me slightly - which is why when I finished my degree I knew I had to set up my own business or something which I could do along side it. Had loads of ideas, but most would take a lot of commitment and I probably wouldn't have time for it. eunibooks was the perfect choice for me, web based, I could manage it in my spare time, and it was uni/student related.

Everyone who's seen the site and heard about the idea has loved it which I'm really pleased about. Hoping to put a lot of time into it advertising and marketing so that soon it can just run by itself.

Now I just have to decide how I'm going to take a few weeks off to go travelling before uni starts and with what money :D
  • Options
    Never think too far into the future. It's a waste of time. And plans never work out as they should. Anyway... welcome to the website, Natalie. We look forward to "hearing" from you.