Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused message

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm out with a work friend, and across the table i see 4 guys i used to go to school with. so we join our tables, all having a good time until this guy phil, says"oh yea remember u used to go out with....X"

X was the one, proper love of my life from 15-17 years old and because i was young and stupid i got off with some other fella and we split up. Ive missed him ever since. He currently goes to uni in oxford, hes everything ive ever wanted in a bloke etc etc.

So phil says, "ya know...ive always had a feeling X still likes you"

And my heart kind of stops, im pretty pissed and i dont think im hearing properly because this guy is a good mate of X.

I am extremely tempted to make some kind of contact with my ex boyfriend, just to let him know how i really feel.

What do I do? I love the ex still after all this time, do i say something and brace my heart for what he has to say, or forget about it and try to move on again?

Any advice would be mucho appreciated xx

Comments

• Options
    In honesty, I think you'd be best to write him an e-mail or something, because the worst thing in the world can be spending the rest of your life wondering what would happen. The worst that can happen is he says he doesn't feel the same, and even though it'll hurt, you'll get over it in time and that'll put closure to it all. But if you do just leave it then you'll never really know how things could have turned out.

And I don't see why this bloke would say it if it wasn't true. Doesn't exactly sound like much of a wind up.
  • Options
    Yep, I'm with Tim, there's not a great deal to lose...
  • Options
    Tim is right.

Although, if he gets your letters accepts your letters, you might want to take it slow and become friends first. Because you never know...he might have a girlfriend. :(
  • Options
    If you're not currently in a relationship then what have you got to lose!?
    I'd say go for it, get his e-mail address (if you don't already have it) or his phone number and e-mail/txt him. If he doesn't reply then atleast, like Tim said, you've got closure on it and you know that it's not going to go any further.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Yep, definately get in touch!! If this guy is a good friend of his then it may be true that he still really likes you too. Just start by catching up and get a feel for how he's responding to it all. If he seems quite distant then maybe he doesn't want a relationship but there is a good chance that he will be more than glad to hear from you and you'll pick up the vibes. Good luck and hope that it all turns out right for you!
  • Options
    :D like evryone else i agree with Tim.

it's better to do something and for it not to go right than spend all your time thinking what if i'd done it. at least you know you've tried and can move on.... or even better get together :D
  • Options
    Yer i agree u should deff get in touch or there will always be a what if?? but like the others i deff suggest u start by playing it cool... he may be a bit scared if jump straight in with the love stuff. Also, although he may still have feelings for u, u dont know the extent of these, or whether he is inclined to act on them. I think u should start with a laid back email, jus to catch up and ask how things are going. I think by doing this u open the door for more but your not rushing into anything and u wont have to face major rejection. GOod luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies, Im sooo glad I didn't write an email last night when I was absolutley plastered (i have both his email and mobile no)

It would have read something like

"dear X.....i really mish you oh i luv u yes i doo oh wlkjfslkjsflksjf fsjlkfj mmm pizza"

Think I shall take the advice n write him a laid back email. He goes to uni in england and Ill be going to uni in belfast in september so Im not expecting a reunion, I would just like to know the extent of his feelings, as someone has mentioned.

Again, thanks a lot! xx