Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I think I'm screwed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First time poster, long time reader. Here goes.

I've known a girl at college for about 8 months, and we were really good friends. Recently I admitted I fancied her, and to my surprise, she said the same about me. Since she had recently broken up with her ex, she said she would start going out with me as soon as she got her head together.

I was so happy, I thought things would actually work out, but the other night she told me she asked someone else out and he said yes.

I felt absolutely gutted. The fact she said she fancied me and really cared about me, which she told me, made it worse. She also told a friend of ours that she was going to ask me out, and the friend told me that.

I just feel so bad. It seems as soon as I get close to someone something always intervenes. I know I'm a nice guy, not meaning to sound boastful, so why can't I find someone who really cares about me?

I'd appreciate everyone's opinions on this. Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe she wanted a rebound and didnt want to use you for that purpose because she likes you too much?
    I don't mean to put a dampener on things, but are you 100% sure she did fancy you? I mean, are you sure she didn't just say it to make you feel good?

On the other hand, she could just be confused with her feelings? Or then again, she is just a heartless bitch?

I'm sure you are a nice guy, just try not to allow this episode to demotivate you. You'll find a girl sooner or later :)
    I'm pretty sure she did, she admitted it to me and a few of mine and her friends.
    well if i were you i wouldnt worry about it, she most not care about you as much as u thought as she wouldnt have done that. she must not be the one for you move on if you can if you waste time on her u mite miss meetin a really nice lass
    Sounds like a bit of a bitch to me, at least you didn't start going out with her then she ran off with that other person.
    Could have been worse...
    But I suggest you ignore her totally and let her drown in a sea of her own guilt. Or something like that...
    yeah, They are right.

you have to be careful with some people. I mean, she MAY have told her friends that she liked you and she was going to ask you out, but sometimes people can turn around and just not even do it and go for someone else. This sort of happened to a friend of mine; she liked this guy, and they hung out for a while and he was being flirtatious and nice. His friends even told her that he liked her; a lot. but it turns out, this guy was just using her to make his girlfriend jealous.
    Maybe she wants to make you jealous, because maybe she likes to see people unhappy. Although, I have to say. If she did go out with you, could you picture what she might do if she didn't ask out another person? (sorry if I offended you in anyway.)