Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relapse..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i stopped taking citalporam about 3-4 weeks ago. i feel like im just slipping back into those unhappy days. i dont know whether its just cos i have stress an pressure from exams an stuff but things just seem to be going wrong. i think i have cried every day for the last week or so for stupid reasons, im cryin now!!. i have been drinkin a lot more than i usually do. i just feel like im slippin away from being my usual self. i really dont want to go back to the doctor, i find it so difficult talking about things to them. do u think this is maybe because i didnt take my medication for long enough? i just dont wanna be feelin like this again.

Comments

• Options
    Heya, do you mind me asking how long you were on the Citalopram for, and how long it took you to come off it - did you take a tablet every other day, or half a tablet every day? Just want to get a better idea of your situation :)

I'm on 20mgs Citalopram a day, and have been on it for just over a year.
  • Options
    i was taking it for about a year, maybe just less until i completed stopped. i did every other day for about 2 weeks then stopped.
  • Options
    It sounds like you might have come off them too quickly, and are experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. Normally, if a person has been on ADs over a period of 6 months, the dose should be reduced over a period of at least 6-8 weeks.

As much as you dislike the idea, I'd really recommend you go back to your doctor, this is the sort of thing you need to work closely with them. Did you have any other treatment in addition to the medicine? Any therapy? Might be a good idea to think about continuing with some form of treatment as you have a stressful period ahead of you.

I know that Saneline have had to limit the hours that they are available, but it might be worth giving them a call 0845 767 8000