Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Congrats Chelsea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
£90-odd million well invested this season (unlike the £100-odd million last year), it takes a good team to win the league.

Much as it pain, well done. Would like to think that the team will get applauded onto the Old Trafford pitch when they visit...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah same here, well done (bastards). I can accept that they deserve to win the league ...... but don't get too comfortable, the Arsenal will be wanting our trophy back next year :).
  • Options
    :lol:

Your trophy? You can't seem to keep hold of it for more than a few weeks. It's only "yours" when you learn how to retain it for once... :p
  • Options
    :D well your losing touch of it, two years without the league trophy :yes: :p
  • Options
    Indeed, you got lucky last year (although with some good performances) and Chelsea had to invest £200m to get where they are today.

And we're still the only team to have retained it.

TBH though, I'm not confident at the moment that anyone will stop Chelsea next year...
  • Options
    Got lucky ..... LUCKY!!! Unbeaten all season isnt lucky, pure class :D .

I'm quietly confident about next year. Our defence is looking pretty solid at the moment and if we can keep players like Gilberto and Henry injury free we'll give Chelsea a good fight. As i'm sure United will, i'm looking forward to it though. With Chelsea its become alot more interesting ..... wankers :D .
  • Options
    ah fuck it have to say well done!
  • Options
    You can always argue that they bought it but you can't deny they're worthy champs.

As for Arsenal, bring back the yellow kit and make sure you lose the poison chalice Charity Shield should we appear next season. Maybe the mystical powers of the new redcurrent shirt will give us the Gooner powers of the lord :D

Both United and Arsenal willl be up for it next year. I can't see Chelsea retaining it IMHO. It'll be very interesting indeed.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Got lucky ..... LUCKY!!! Unbeaten all season isnt lucky, pure class

Sorry, I forgot. Pires conning the referee into giving a penalty against Portsmouth (when you looked like losing) was a good example of Arsenal's class :p

And RvN missing a penalty in the last minute wasn't a case of Arsenal's class shining through ;)

And that is the difference with this year, I can't remember Chelsea getting lucky like that...
  • Options
    Ahhhh, here we go again ...... im not gonna bother starting this argument again :rolleyes:, as i know i'll whoop you again :D . Your players are just as bad at diving and coning the ref, so there :p:D .
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Your players are just as bad at diving and coning the ref, so there :p:D .

I don't think that was the point I was making. The point I was making was that the "undefeated" run (during which you lost games) also had luck in it.

However, Chelsea don't seem to have needed the same lucky streak. They are a couple of games away from a single league defeat in the season - yet they haven't need to con a referee to get a draw, nor have they had a lucky missed penalty... you have to admire that...
  • Options
    Yep fair play to them, its been there season ..... like last years was ours ... in the league that is, whatever you say, we were the best team in the league lasy year. Played the best footy and like Chelsea this season, deserved the title.
  • Options
    As many people have said before.

"You can go a whole season unbeaten and still get relegated."

Chelsea will finish this season with more points than Arsenal did last year. That is a better achievement because they've won more games. Fact.
  • Options
    True true, but we'll be in the history books for what we did :).
  • Options
    History books? Maybe just in England. Other teams have went longer unbeaten though. AC Milan spring to mind. Can't remember the exact figures but it's more than Arsenal's 50...sorry 49.
  • Options
    Well this thread is for Chelsea, we've had this argument about a billion times already ..... :D

Arsenal = Gods :D
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Got lucky ..... LUCKY!!! Unbeaten all season isnt lucky, pure class :D .

Correction:
    Man City beat you 1-0 earlier this season.
  • Options
    Errr correction, im an Arsenal fan. Talking about last year.

:)
  • Options
    And yet another thread disintegrates into Manchester United fans (kings of the last-minute dive for a penalty win, except when RvN skies it one) having the temerity to say any other team win games by cheating. The "lucky" penalty miss in the Old Trafford game last season came from Forlan falling over his feet and diving like the cheat he is, lets not forget.

Anyway. Congratulations to Chelsea. They've spent £100million to win the thing, but Man Utd spent that much and still look like finishing third for the third time in four years.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And yet another thread disintegrates into Manchester United fans (kings of the last-minute dive for a penalty win, except when RvN skies it one) having the temerity to say any other team win games by cheating.

Actually, had you taken your ABU blinkers off for once, you'd have noticed that the comment was about how well Chelsea had done, not a comment on United/Arsenals diving ability or otherwise.

Worth noting that Chelsea haven't had a player sent off during the lesgue this season, nor (as I was trying to point out) have they needed to resort to cheating in order to win games.
    They've spent £100million to win the thing, but Man Utd spent that much and still look like finishing third for the third time in four years.

Ah, the blinkers again.

£100m? Fucking hell Rooney was more expensive that I thought.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well this thread is for Chelsea, we've had this argument about a billion times already ..... :D

Arsenal = Gods :D

Arsenal are like a triathelete that can't swim.
    Kermit wrote:
    And yet another thread disintegrates into Manchester United fans (kings of the last-minute dive for a penalty win, except when RvN skies it one) having the temerity to say any other team win games by cheating.

Hmmm, if you actually bothered to read the thread you'd see that we said nothing of the sort. We have accepted and admired Chelsea's achievement, with no accusations of cheating or stating that they haven't deserved it.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    AHmmm, if you actually bothered to read the thread you'd see that we said nothing of the sort. We have accepted and admired Chelsea's achievement, with no accusations of cheating or stating that they haven't deserved it.

And if you'd read what I said, you'll note I didn't mention Chelsea at all. Arsenal were mentioned, and I'm sure you have implied about cheating Liverpool in other threads before now.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Arsenal were mentioned, and I'm sure you have implied about cheating Liverpool in other threads before now.

Nope, never. Don't really have a bone to pick with Liverpool.

I've only ever really condemned Arsenal for being the cheating gallic scum they are.
  • Options
    Makes me laugh listening to Man scUm fans going on about other teams cheating. You have more than your fair share of dirty scummy cheats at the club.
  • Options
    Makes me laugh listening to Man scUm fans going on about other teams cheating. You have more than your fair share of dirty scummy cheats at the club.

Still angelic compared to France.
  • Options

All neutral observers will agree that the five biggest cheats in English football are Roy Keane, RvN, Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Pires. How strange that four of them play for a team in Salford...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

All neutral observers will agree that the five biggest cheats in English football are Roy Keane, RvN, Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo and Robert Pires. How strange that four of them play for a team in Salford...

'neutral observer'. :lol:
    That post just oozes with so much ABUness it's hard to take seriously. Where is Patrick '3 feet away from nearest player when I dive' Viera and Ashley 'Im a diving wee cunt and will whinge if it doesn't work' Cole. Don't get me started on Pires.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    'neutral observer'. :lol:
    That post just oozes with so much ABUness it's hard to take seriously. Where is Patrick '3 feet away from nearest player when I dive' Viera and Ashley 'Im a diving wee cunt and will whinge if it doesn't work' Cole. Don't get me started on Pires.

:lol: lets face it everybody dives, i remember when i used to cuss the foreign leagues for it, it's not even that frowned upon now............i still think less of players when i see them dive..........and maybe man utd need to be a little less stingy, £100 million and we might have scored my goals, 54 so far this season in the league, i heard fergie's starting pre-season early next season so no slow start, i dont think we'll be splashing out this summer either tho, i hope im wrong...........and oh yeah well done chelsea.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    :lol: lets face it everybody dives, i remember when i used to cuss the foreign leagues for it, it's not even that frowned upon now............i still think less of players when i see them dive..........and maybe man utd need to be a little less stingy, £100 million and we might have scored my goals, 54 so far this season in the league, i heard fergie's starting pre-season early next season so no slow start, i dont think we'll be splashing out this summer either tho, i hope im wrong...........and oh yeah well done chelsea.

Don't worry. We'll buy, that's certain. Whether those funds come from sales well that remains to be seen. Expect to see a new keeper and central midfielder at Old Trafford next season at least.
  • Options
    Would prefer a new midfielder...
  • Options
    Would prefer a new midfielder...

Yea, certainly, and it seems those greedy cunts Chel$ki are going to steal Essien from under our noses, as they did with Robben. Why can't they scout their own players, it seems they wait and see who United are looking at and come in with more money. Will be quite annoying if this process is repeated for seasons to come, which it probably will be.