Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Relaxants and stimulants.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I gave in and tried a bit of ket. To be honest I didn't see what the fuss was about. It's alright but I would prefer to try a stimulant. So E is the big one is it?

Comments

• Options
    Last night I gave in and tried a bit of ket. To be honest I didn't see what the fuss was about. It's alright but I would prefer to try a stimulant. So E is the big one is it?

if you want the best buzz you could ever imagine times 20 then yes...though make sure you do it safely if you decide to...there's plenty of information on the net for that...
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't say times 20...a lot of pills are loaded with ketamine which really does kill the buzz...my advice, find a good dealer...if ur a student, then buy em from other students..I had Mickey mouses a few months ago (Im in London) n they were the bomb
  • Options
    but everyone remembers their first time...pills get shit after a while but at the start you're just looking around thinking "holy fuck this is the best feeling i've ever had, total fucking bliss"
  • Options
    true..I remember my first time in a field...but its so easy to try n recreate that feeling by abusing them...I have to drop 4-5 now to get a 1/4 of a way to that first time
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If there's one drugs I could say was worth doing I'd say it was ecstasy.
    Fucking love it. Nothing else compares in my opinion.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm a man after your own heart: stimulants are the way to go.

Pills/MDMA crystal are by far the best.

Go easy on 'em though. Abuse it and lose it: simple.
  • Options
    Jim_b wrote:
    its so easy to try n recreate that feeling by abusing them...I have to drop 4-5 now to get a 1/4 of a way to that first time

too true
  • Options
    If you did ket and you couldn't see what the fuss was about then you didnt take much.

Ketamine can be one of the most powerful hallucinogens around.

As for using MDMA, research the possible harms and then make an informed choice.

Oh, and not many pills have ketamine in them, its a bit of a myth. Yes some do, but mostly you will find MDA or MDMA. MDA will make your legs go a bit funny and mess you up, this people mistake for ketamine.
  • Options
    well, explain the feeling I get when I close my eyes sometimes and picture my self vividly some where else in the club...sounds like the dissociative properties of ketamine to me
  • Options
    Could quite easily be MDA, which is known to cause closed eye visuals.

Do you also have trouble walking and talking?

Does the experience last slightly longer than normal?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you did ket and you couldn't see what the fuss was about then you didnt take much.

Obviously I didn't take much - I'd never done it before!

Seriously though, it seemed a bit wank. Monged me out, made me feel out of my head, spaced, had trouble walking, places seemed larger than they were, music tripped me out. Wasn't bad I guess....Still don't see the fuss though!
  • Options

Seriously though, it seemed a bit wank. Monged me out, made me feel out of my head, spaced, had trouble walking, places seemed larger than they were, music tripped me out. Wasn't bad I guess....Still don't see the fuss though!

i've never took ket before but it seems like a drug you'd usually do after you've experienced other drugs such as MDMA, then you'd probably appreciate the buzz more, dunno though

anyway...yea E's for the "this is the best experience ever" buzz...however do your research before you start necking them :thumb:
  • Options
    Ketamine isn't around here, it's not the sort of drug where you can ring your dealer and ask for it, it's not a prevelant drug around here, unlike in England.
  • Options
    Its really never caught on in a big way on the mainland either Shogun, which isnt all that surprising its a powerful hallucinogen and they are always a selective market.
  • Options
    Ketamine was massive on the club scene for a while, especially clubs like Gods Kitchen, Sundissential, Gatecrasher etc. Its still huge on the free/squat party scene.
  • Options
    It was, in the mainstream at least, a bit of a passing fad though wasn't it.
  • Options
    I dunno, I'm a bit out of the loop these days. I do know a fair few people who got themselves big habits though.
  • Options
    Yep, I dont think anywhere near enough people were warned that it was addictive.

I knew someone who was IM'ing the stuff a while back, thankfully he has now stopped.
  • Options

I've had lots of both but for me, E is much better. :shocking:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    I've had lots of both but for me, E is much better. :shocking:

They are just very different.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Yep, I dont think anywhere near enough people were warned that it was addictive.

I knew someone who was IM'ing the stuff a while back, thankfully he has now stopped.

I'm guessing I'd hveto take it again a few times for it to get addictive. I didn't really desire to take it again - maybe if it was offered to me for free but very unlikely.
  • Options
    Yes, certainly, you'd have to use it often and in high doses before a physical addiction would set in.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    but everyone remembers their first time...pills get shit after a while but at the start you're just looking around thinking "holy fuck this is the best feeling i've ever had, total fucking bliss"

The first couple of times i took pills i hated it - in fact i seriously thought i was going to die on both occasions (i hadn't even taken a whole pill) it was just all to much and i had to lie down (in the middle of the club), I just cant' take them in clubs at all - only at home with a group of people i trust.

I've always loved ket though - to the extent that i'd probably say its my favourite drug - but you can do toooo much
  • Options
    Tolerance is a serious issue with ket as well, it comes on very fast and you end up having to use a lot to get the same effect, thus increasing the trouble on your body.
  • Options
    Yep I know far to many people who had to inject it to get any effect which is mildly worrying - its not a great clubbing drug anyway - becaue it generally leads to a need to lie down - its lovely for a nice come down though or an evening in every once in a while.
  • Options
    The friend of mine who was IM'ing the stuff ended up giving it up because he could shoot it and it wouldnt do anything, he'd feel slightly stoned and that was it. Not really worth the money for that.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Tolerance is a serious issue with ket as well, it comes on very fast and you end up having to use a lot to get the same effect, thus increasing the trouble on your body.

There's that, and the personality changes that habitual use brings as explained here -
    Also, be aware that many people who use K see a new perspective on the world which seems to be quite ego-centric and conspiratorial. K can increase one's sense of connection between events, synchronicities, etc. This, when interpreted in certain common ways, can lead one to believe that events are working out in ways which focus on the self ("if that happened that way, and this happened this way, both of these things must be about me") and then, further, that people and events are working in some heretofore unseen concert which may be either sinister or just novel. Pay special attention to these kinds of thought patterns and ask the question: "what is most likely true" instead of "what can be true."