Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

im being paranoid:does that make me insane?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
nothing to say

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoken to anyone about this? Like a family member or a close friend?
    moved on...
    We can listen while you talk and maybe come up with some advice. But if you think you need professional help then we certainly aint the people to come to.
    I don't think I can mate.

You need to seek help from someone, even if it's your family doctor.

You may find this helpful
    forgotten
    Tell us exactly what the problem is.
    Of course being paranoid can be serious. It has severe effects on your quality of life. It can be a form of mental illness and I think although there is bound to be self help techniques you can learn and use, You probably need to see a professional.
    if something "happened a year ago" and that was the starting point of your paranoia; may be you just need to "let go" of whatever it was that happened to you?

as harsh as this is going to sound, perhaps the best thing you could try telling yourself is "nobody cares" ... if you could convince yourself of that, you'd rationally realize they would not even be bothered "conspiring against you." - i'm sure there are people who care about you but its about changing your thought patterns by telling yourself something like that; and it might help you to get more control over your paranoia.

again though, as has already been said if you are not seeing a professional about your paranoia; may be its one thing you should be considering - even if its just so they can give you drugs to help with your problem. because in response to your question, paranoia can be a mental-illness as well as a mental health problem. but nobody on these boads can advise you as a professional. but we can listen to you if you want to open up on here. :)
    Try not to worry about what everyone else thinking. I can see you've had a bad experience but the truth is that generally people are not out to get you

If you feel that your feelings are detramental to your life then go and see your gp, they are usually very understanding and can put you in touch with someone to talk to to help you get back on track
    im thinking of grabbing myself a donut or two. i met this pretty uptown girl once. she glanced at me a couple of times hehehe. when she left she saw my hands. thank God my fingernails where clean. i didnt want her to remember me as a turn off everytime she goes out for a donut with her nieces.
    thanks everyone
    As you're not in the UK I can't realy give you any helplines/organisations to contact, however Miond do an excellent factsheet on paranoia that at least might help you to understand it a bit better:

Understanding paranoia
    watever...
    kazuki wrote:
    honestly guys i thought all of you were hired spies. but im coming around slowly but surely. i thought ill be at peace when i learned that these higher powers have resinged (2 months after me)regardless of the reason but id like to think they were pressured but i still find it hard at heart so. they hired me and they didnt have a choice. they cant fire me so i just resigned.
    at least thats how ive been seeing it. i wanted to think otherwise but its too much.
    what? i can't make sense of what you're saying.
    "hired spies" - wtf?
    theres no nhs councillers for 3 months.
    thats really good tbh... its a really short waiting list.
    i'm don't sufer with paranoia or anything, but i do have quite a few issues that need to be dealt with and my gp first of all said there were no counsellors at the surgery (becuase it is a uni gp so they rely on the uni counselling service which i'm not allowed) and that to get counselling on the nhs in this area has a waiting list of upto 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - which is really unfucking believable, and i cannot afford to go private either, but 3 months is hardly any time at all!!!!!
    i can see what you're saying but in the state i was in yeserday i think there should be some kind of emergency councilling service before someone goes too far and gets pushed over the edge.
    you could phone the samaritans may be, if you got into that sort of state again?! their phone no. is 08457 90 90 90 - thats kind of like an emotional crisis helpline.
    otter wrote:
    what? i can't make sense of what you're saying.
    "hired spies" - wtf?

thats the very reaction i was expecting. thanks.... i feel much calmer now :angel: