Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Death (!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apologies for the somewhat sombre tone of this post!

To cut a long story short, my girlfriend died just over a year ago, and obviously the anniversary of her death (about a week ago) was difficult. Given the fact that I don't have many true friends at the moment, a sort-of friend of mine got talking to me, and I ended up talking about it (more to my surprise, really!). Anyway, she was really helpful and stuff, and things are okay now.

Thing is, she also said that she's got a funeral next week, and this sounds a bit silly I expect, but I thought it would be nice if there was something I could say to her, as she's been really helpful. But then I don't know what to say! :confused:

Any advice is much appriciated!

Thanks,

Mac.

Comments

• Options
    I think that it's just a case of letting her know that you'll be there for her if she needs you. People don't always want to talk but the knowledge that there is always someon there to listen can make all the difference.
  • Options
    :yes: But also don't go out of your way to be especially nice, that just upsets you more because you want people to treat you normally. Ie don't keep asking her if she's alright, once is fine but don't go over the top. As Loopi said, just make sure you're there for her but don't push it.
  • Options
    I think that it's just a case of letting her know that you'll be there for her if she needs you. People don't always want to talk but the knowledge that there is always someon there to listen can make all the difference.
    :yes: agreed - best advice you're going to get.
  • Options
    Wicked, cheers for your advice people. That's the thing as well - I don't want to make a big thing about it, as I know that wasn't what I wanted at the time.

Mac.