Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

female freinds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
alright, I seem to be in the dog house.

My gf has today was nosing through my phone while I wasnt in the room, and found txts on my phone from girls (OMG!!11).
Yes, I do have female freinds, and yes she has male freinds, but apparantly that's different. No I am not (and have no intention of) cheating on her, and the girls I have txts from are just that, freinds.

No matter how I try explain this to her, she is still incredibly angry with me infact called a taxi in order to leave sooner when she was here earlier.

what did I do wrong? I don't understand :confused::(

Comments

• Options
    she sounds really jelous tbh. but, if you have tried to explain it to her; and she won't accept it - there is little you can do except give her a bit of time to cool off. why was she "nosing through your phone" anyway?
  • Options
    i reckon it depends what the texts said..
  • Options
    You did nothing wrong. She's being hypocritical, insecure, paranoid and unreasonably jealous.

I've actually seen this a lot in the past where women can claim to maintain purely platonic relationships with male friends but refuse to believe that men are capable of the same. Pot, kettle, black...

Ian.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    why was she "nosing through your phone" anyway?

seeing as you asked, she likes to look at the photos on there, most of which were her :)

but the last photo I have on there is a picture of someone I knows legs (a guy) BECAUSE.... it was raining, he was in shorts and flipflops and looked silly.

she thinks that it's a girl in a skirt and I have a picture of some girls legs on my phone :lol: and didnt believe me when I told her what really is the truth :yeees: but once thinking this (before I got back to the room) she went looking through my txts for "evidence".

To be fair, she's always been jealous, and acused me of cheating on her with "insert most recently mention girl in here".
    Blah_x2 wrote:
    i reckon it depends what the texts said..

true dat, but, (although personally I'd rather she didtnt feel the need to look through them) they were non- encriminating, (not that there is anything for them to be encrimintating about!) just asking if I was going to be at some party that night. Plus, both these girls have bf's, and usually I'm hangning out with one of them and her bf, who I get along with really well :)

(appologies for the typos, I've had a couple of beers :blush: )
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    but the last photo I have on there is a picture of someone I knows legs (a guy) BECAUSE.... it was raining, he was in shorts and flipflops and looked silly.
    she thinks that it's a girl in a skirt and I have a picture of some girls legs on my phone :lol: and didnt believe me when I told her what really is the truth :yeees: but once thinking this (before I got back to the room) she went looking through my txts for "evidence".

:lol: presumably then she doesn't have any male friends then?
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    :lol: presumably then she doesn't have any male friends then?

The thing is, which makes this even more hypocritical, she's always had more male freinds that female freinds!

but like i said, apparantly me having like 2 or 3 female freinds is different to her having male freinds :yeees:

it is a bit of a blurry picture (cos it was taken on my phone) but still, I wish she'd believe me!

I'm going away for the weekend, that should give her time to cool off, but we've been going out nearly 3 years, and she's not been this made at me since... well, just after we got together!
  • Options
    Just tell her that its just friendship..and explain you would never cheat on her. Plus say that you don't really like her snooping, but that you have nothing to hide at the same time.
  • Options
    Just tell her that its just friendship..and explain you would never cheat on her. Plus say that you don't really like her snooping, but that you have nothing to hide at the same time.

she already knows what I think about her nosing throught my phone, and althought I really dont have anything to hide, it's not very nice her going through my phone...

and I've already told her that she's the only one for me and that these girls are only freinds and nothing more.

*sighs*

I don't know... Well, I'm off to bed cos I have to get up at 0530 tomorrow as I'm off for the weekend, but hopefully there'll be some more good replies (like thoese here already) when I come back late on monday...

Thanks for all the replies so far :thumb:
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    To be fair, she's always been jealous, and acused me of cheating on her with "insert most recently mention girl in here".

true dat, but, (although personally I'd rather she didtnt feel the need to look through them) they were non- encriminating, (not that there is anything for them to be encrimintating about!) just asking if I was going to be at some party that night. Plus, both these girls have bf's, and usually I'm hangning out with one of them and her bf, who I get along with really well :)

While you may have nothing to hide, if she's an insecure person and has doubts it will still play on her mind so dont be too harsh on her. It may seem hypocritical to you that she thinks she is allowed male friends, but from her point of view she knows that she's not doing anything with them. She doesnt know for certain that your not doing stuff or wanting to do stuff with your female friends because she is simply not in your mind.
    Texts can often be taken the wrong way to other people, maybe she just thinks your so irresistible that she cant understand why other girls would want to keep their hands off you? On the other hand she may think that she herself is so horrible that you need to look elsewhere. Maybe you need to have a proper chat about this and find out the root of the problem; is she insecure, paranoid, extremely jelous or just hipocritical? And depending on the problem i think you need to put her mind at ease. Has your girlfriend met your female friends? If she hasnt; to her its the unknown that can be the worst. Maybe if she met them and could see that you are not interested in them it would put her mind at rest and stop accusing you.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    The thing is, which makes this even more hypocritical, she's always had more male freinds that female freinds!

but like i said, apparantly me having like 2 or 3 female freinds is different to her having male freinds :yeees:

she sounds like a bit of a divvy, tbh.

or, it sounds like she wants an excuse to get mad at you, and this was as good as any.

being jealous is one thing, and a lot of people can't help it, but most people also listen to reason.
  • Options
    I can see how some girl asking in you're going to a party could be a problem. She could think that you've aranged to meet this girl there or something. Some people have suspicious minds and I guess that she could quite easily think that.
    But...if you've been going out for 3 years then shouldn't she already know who these girls are and that they have boyfriends?

I think she's over reacting by being mad at you for a few innocent text messages especially if she has male friends herself and I'm guessing sends them texts. It's just hypocritical.
  • Options
    you did nothing wrong...if she's going to stay like that, just leave the relationship.
  • Options
    Get rid tbh.
  • Options
    sorry to drag this from the depths of the 2nd page but I'd just like to say thanks for all your replies and advice... hopefully this thing will get sorted out in the near future.
  • Options
    dump her lol she is insurcure and has no trust in you so no point is there.
  • Options
    I was in boarding school in Africa for about a year and a half. Have friends here who are girls and it was cheaper to communicate thru txts. My gf in school found these and have not seen or spoken to her for almost six months. If she wants to leave you that is her problem. And she keeps telling her pals I call her when I have never to try and make me call her. She will come back if she wants to.
  • Options
    My ex boyfriend used to get really jealous when i would text other guys.. well just one guy in particular.. but he would get mad if i would go places with them, and things. I got rid of him, because i got tired of his constant moaning about how I liked these other boys better than him. If she cant trust you, thats your problem, I wouldnt worry too much about it.
  • Options
    well, I am now single - feeling empty and devoid of any feelings :( That was my first gf, (hence first breakup) I didnt really expect to feel like this...

I feel sad, but not like crying, I dont think the realisation of what's happened has hit me yet :(

I love her so much... Guess it wasn't ment to be :(
  • Options
    "There is ALWAYS one person who has a slight rush on the other person, ALWAYS."

Bob on there mate. The best example from a personal P.O.V is my best friend is female and I'm crazy about her. I have other female friends as well and at some point I've fancied them.
  • Options
    I have a crush on every boy. :rolleyes: :naughty:
  • Options
    Well i think its wrong for her to go through your phone at the first place. I hope you dont also go throught her's anyway. Well she cant stop you from having female friends and if you have nothing to do with them then let her meet some of them and chat with them herself. I think its just insecurity and make her aware that if she catches you cheating she can do whatever she wants and if you also catches her cheating its totally over at least if she wants go get with someone else she should tell you so that you both can break up.....Well thats my approach cos i got alot of ego, all guys are different anyway x
  • Options
    Well i think its wrong for her to go through your phone at the first place. I hope you dont also go throught her's anyway. Well she cant stop you from having female friends and if you have nothing to do with them then let her meet some of them and chat with them herself. I think its just insecurity and make her aware that if she catches you cheating she can do whatever she wants and if you also catches her cheating its totally over at least if she wants go get with someone else she should tell you so that you both can break up.....Well thats my approach cos i got alot of ego, all guys are different anyway x

If a woman is fedup there's nothing you can do about it..
  • Options
    corse you can have opposite sex friends and be just that, friends!!
  • Options
    Well i think its wrong for her to go through your phone at the first place. I hope you dont also go throught her's anyway.

of course not! which is why I didnt like the fact she went through mine. she did prefusely appologise a few days later...

we broke up

but we're back together now, because we didnt really have a decent reason to break up thinking about it :chin:

and things are great :yes:

it was most deffinately her insecurities that made things a lot worse though unfortunately.