Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dating sites

ok i need some advice...

what would u think/do if u knew your boyfriend was signing up for dating sites and saying that he was single?

would you think that he was looking out for someone too meet with or do u think it is just a bit of harmless fun? :chin:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you ask him?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Why don't you ask him?

Fiend raises a fair point :yes:

To add more though, he's saying he's single on a dating single...bit twatty really especially if he's in a relationship. He'll probably say he's doing it for kicks...to which you should say, "Just don't". There's no need, there are other 'jokes' he could spend his time signing up to that don't involve trying to net ladies on the internet using a username and 'single' status.

Sorry to be harsh, he may mean it innoccently but there are other things to sign up to just for kicks

Malt xx
    i have done and he said that its just a bit of fun and he'd never meet anyone off the internet.

i just wanted to know other ppl views.
    Well then why don't you trust him?

He's a twat for doing it, irrespective of his motives.
    what would u think/do if u knew your boyfriend was signing up for dating sites and saying that he was single?

I would make his single status official.
    i have already confrunted him on this sitch, but what im going to do is ask him again and c what his reaction is. how do u think i should approach this? :thumb:
    Is there any point to asking him again? Of course he said he was doing it for a laugh, what else would he say, the truth? If he was really doing it for a joke (though I can't see the comedy value in it), wouldn't he be more open about it with you? Or let me guess, he didn't want to tell you as he was worried you would overreact?

How do you know he isn't already communicating with other women on the website? He's lying about his background anyway, isn't that unfair to the people on there who are genuine and want to date/meet others? Yeah, quite some joke(!)
    Which website is it, out of interest? And does he visit it much to browse through the girlies? Both me and my boyfriend are on OK Cupid (and to be fair we both put down that we were seeing someone) but that's really just for the silly test things and quizzes. I've never contacted anyone on there and my other half hasn't logged in for weeks. If that's all it is you probably haven't got much to worry about, but if he's actively contacting anyone whilst claiming to be single than it is pretty twatty.....
    tbh im not sure what he uses um for. im going to ask him 2night so ill keep uz posted!

ta for the advice guys!!
    go_away wrote:
    I would make his single status official.

couldnt agree more!

i dont mean 2b rude but i cant believe the nerve of this boy!