Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clubs in South London?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone know of any clubs in south or central london that are decent and not too strict on i.d.? I can generally get into clubs with older mates, even over 21 clubs, but i don't really know of any unless i'm taken to them. i'm also a little nervous about being caught out as being under age.
Cheers, Anna xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    alrite darlin, what sort of music are you into? there are a lot of good clubs in south london, but it is dependant on the type of music you like. let me know, but ministry of sound is always a good shout, best club in london- saturdays only though!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Hmm, I wouldn't recomend the Ministry myself, but it depends what sort of music you like I suppose, I've only heard bad things about it.

Vauxhal has clubs coming out of its ears, theres at least 4 within walking distance from the tube station there, all pretty good. I cant remember their names though because they keep changing them.

SE1 is by London Bridge, thats good, though its huge and I have come to prefer something slightly smaller, plus it hasnt got enough seating to my mind.
  • Options
    Agreed - I really don't like Ministry...

The End is superb.
    Playtime @ The Egg is superb (although not very central) www.playtime-club.com
    Kinky Malinki @ Pacha www.kinkymalinki.com

Depends if you like house, RnB etc etc The above are housey clubs.
  • Options
    The End isnt the best laid out club in London but it does have the best sound, proper speakers for drum and bass.
  • Options
    Yeah - I quite often get there for Laurent Garnier and it's just amazing. Superb clarity and bass.

Can get a little crowded though, and as you say, it aint the best laid out club in the world ;)
  • Options
    If anyone's in Brixton tonight, come and hear me DJ'ing in the Dogstar
  • Options
    What kind of set are you doing?
  • Options
    It was last night. I played...

Screaming Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You
    Gil Scot-Heron - The Bottle
    Digidub - Lion Heart
    Roy Ayers - Everybody Loves the Sunshine
    Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust
    Dr Octagon - Earth People
    B52's - Planet Claire
    Talking Heads - Pull Up the Roots
    The Clash - Rudie Can't Fail
    Gang of Four - To Hell With Poverty

...so a bit of a mish mash. Post pub/all back to mine sort of thing.
  • Options
    Sounds pretty good, I was at a student drum and bass night, twas classy with women drinking rose from the bottle.
  • Options
    club4it wrote:
    alrite darlin, what sort of music are you into? there are a lot of good clubs in south london, but it is dependant on the type of music you like. let me know, but ministry of sound is always a good shout, best club in london- saturdays only though!!!! xxx
    Well, i'm pretty easy (no pun intended). If you listen to vrigin radio, that's pretty much my scene. Oldish stuff like Bon Jovi, RHCP, Greenday, school disco type stuff. i'm not so big on actual club mixes-i feel they sound all alike, honestly. i was thinking of going to school disco with some mates, but i'm worried the novelty might be lost on us, as we're still obliged to wear uniform!! Also, i heard school disco was really hot on id.
  • Options
    I actually can not imagine anything worse on earth than going to School Disco, it sounds foul.

Each to their own though.
  • Options
    Meh. the old school stuff is only my reminiscing type music cos i grew up with it.