Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why are most gay guys camp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
in my lifetime ive met loads upon loads of gay people, and most seem to be really camp if they guys, and rather erm mauscline if theyre girls, ive never got it

not on about bi people here cause they tend to be more erm regular seeming, but im on about purely seriously homosexual kind of gay, not the "oh i get on my mates when drunk"

and im not having a moan either i just find it odd :chin:

Comments

• Options
    i would've thought that was rather obvious........i've yet to meet a feminine lezzer, or a butch gay, not that i've met that many mind.........
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i've yet to meet a feminine lezzer, or a butch gay, not that i've met that many mind.........

Strange that. I know both.

Maybe they're just harder to spot?
  • Options
    Exactly, if you met someone who wasn't camp you wouldn't know they were gay or bi or whatever unless they told you. The camp ones just stand out a bit.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, if you met someone who wasn't camp you wouldn't know they were gay or bi or whatever unless they told you. The camp ones just stand out a bit.

true true.
  • Options
    I've met some very camp hetrosexuals as well...
  • Options
    I've met a few gay men who rather hate all the camp thing and look down upon those are that way.
  • Options
    There's a bit of everything isn't there.

I've seen gay blokes at gay nightclubs who look as hard as nails and who would have no problem kicking the shit out of a bunch of C18 skinheads.

And like someone has said, I've seen straight blokes who put Julian Clary to shame in the camp department.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i would've thought that was rather obvious........i've yet to meet a feminine lezzer, or a butch gay, not that i've met that many mind.........
    I've met some effeminate lesbians and straight acting gay blokes. On a tagent... One thing that annoys me is the myth about lesbians being mingers... There are some stunning ones out there trust me.

I think the camp thing is about identity, just like people acting butch.
  • Options
    Dare I ask about the politcal relevance of this topic?
  • Options
    I've met some effeminate lesbians and straight acting gay blokes. On a tagent... One thing that annoys me is the myth about lesbians being mingers... There are some stunning ones out there trust me.

Like the ones in american pie 2?

One of the views that lesbians are potrayed as in society in my belief is attractive young women who are sexually promiscuous, if you get what I mean. It's kind of the same for gay men in a sense that people think gey men are up for anything. Don't know if either has any foundation in truth, they're just impressions I've received from media / friends / general conversation etc.
  • Options
    Ahhh but the women you were refering too in AP2 were not actually lesbians if I remember correctly. That scene just shows how stupid people can be in making assumptions and generalisations................
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

I was wondering that too.. :confused:

Some straight people are camp too..one of my friends, I'm sure a stranger would swear blind he is gay, when in fact he is not.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

"Politics & Debate"

It's a debate, of sorts...
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

oh no i know camp guys and butch girls who are just like that and straight, its just a far higher % of them are gay than anything :s

maybe all the camp/butch gays ive met are far more upfront about telling people, i dont feel the need to know normally cause i dont care who they sleep with as long as i get on with them and can enjoy a drink and a good laugh :thumb:
  • Options
    Like the ones in american pie 2?

One of the views that lesbians are potrayed as in society in my belief is attractive young women who are sexually promiscuous, if you get what I mean. It's kind of the same for gay men in a sense that people think gey men are up for anything. Don't know if either has any foundation in truth, they're just impressions I've received from media / friends / general conversation etc.

i know and are friends with more gay people than i know straight or bi people - im being serious, im not an ignorant fool im only talking about people i know are gay ie its been mentioned before
  • Options
    i know and are friends with more gay people than i know straight or bi people - im being serious, im not an ignorant fool im only talking about people i know are gay ie its been mentioned before

Was I calling you an ignorant fool? I'm deeply confused now.
  • Options

I'm not really camp for a gay guy. My sister might beg to differ but I'm generally told no one would have guessed if I hadn't mentioned being gay.

There area lot of "queens" AKA camp guys on Canal Street. Most think it's cool. It's kinda like conforming to dress types. A lot of them act the same to be popular.
  • Options
    There area lot of "queens" AKA camp guys on Canal Street. Most think it's cool. It's kinda like conforming to dress types. A lot of them act the same to be popular.
    :yes: Perhaps the same reason some lesbians act butch?
  • Options
    Two of the campest men I've known have been as straight as you like. I'm gay and I'm not very camp at all.

So less of the bollocks stereotypes, please. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm kind of girly in behaviour, at least some times, but I've seen no evidence at all of me being gay.
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    Two of the campest men I've known have been as straight as you like. I'm gay and I'm not very camp at all.

So less of the bollocks stereotypes, please. :rolleyes:

no i was specifically asking about people ive known to be gay through being mates with or through it just being in conversation, and the fact almost all are quite camp and theres a far higher % than those who straight and camp

i think chaos and moonrat hit the nail in the head so to speak :thumb:
  • Options
    I went to the Outdoor/Backpacking shop the other day

"Id like to buy a tent please" I said merrily to the assistant

"Too Camp" he said

"Sorry" I said and in a deep vopice
    "Id like to but a tent please"
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    There's a bit of everything isn't there.

I've seen gay blokes at gay nightclubs who look as hard as nails and who would have no problem kicking the shit out of a bunch of C18 skinheads.

Kicking the shit out of thin air isn't difficult...C18 haven't existed for going on a decade.

Certainly most open homosexuals i've met/known have been very camp...or at least have some kind of "gayness" about them. Only true lesbian birds i've met have been quite butch at the very least.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Kicking the shit out of thin air isn't difficult...C18 haven't existed for going on a decade.
    Really? Well the blokes are still around, I'm sure you know what I meant.
    Certainly most open homosexuals i've met/known have been very camp...or at least have some kind of "gayness" about them. Only true lesbian birds i've met have been quite butch at the very least.
    Go to Trade nightclub (not to mention Fist) and you'll find many examples of the type of blokes I was referring to. ;)
  • Options
    Well the majority of gays and lesbians I've met I wouldn't have been able to tell from straights unless I'd been told.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Go to Trade nightclub (not to mention Fist) and you'll find many examples of the type of blokes I was referring to. ;)

Havent they gotten thrown out of Turnmills because it had turned more than a little sketchy.
  • Options
    Had they? They'd been there for more than 10 years. I've been there only once and it was great fun, but as a straight bloke it can be difficult to get in so I don't bother going much.
  • Options
    I think so, things got a little out of hand, there was dealing and what not, basically it had gotten too hedonistic.

Musically not my bag really, but Turnmills is an excellent club.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Because they condition themselves to think queer. They like to be high spirited and it turns them into queens.
    Great entertainers though, smelly breath from sucking cock and swallowing cum in my experience.

wank.gif

Twat.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Because they condition themselves to think queer. They like to be high spirited and it turns them into queens.
    Great entertainers though, smelly breath from sucking cock and swallowing cum in my experience.
    I do feel threatened by them when I wonder what they would be like if we ever had to go to war. I guess I'm quite sexist really. It confuses me people making up new sexes.
    I mean, what the fuck are all these chicks with dicks?

You're a fucking arsehole