Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

application form help needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got two questions regarding an application form.
1. I have no qualifications, I left school without completing my GCSE's so I'm not sure what to put under qualifications gained. What do I put?

2. I've had no previous job experience, so what do I put for that?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you don't have anything at all you can put for either then you're going to have to put "n/a" or "Nil".

If you're fortunate enough to get an interview then you'll likely be asked to account for it.

What's the job you're going for?
    Counter assistant at a bookies luckily there's no previous experience needed so they train you.
    lea_uk wrote:
    Counter assistant at a bookies luckily there's no previous experience needed so they train you.

Yes, but you're still likely to have to compete with other applicants, some of which will have qualifications or work experience to support their application and prove their capabilities.

Once you get your first job then that will no doubt help you find other work, however, if you find yourself long term unemployed then it might be advisable to get yourself back to college and get some official pretty papers saying how great you are?
    I'd have thought a bookies would have wanted at least GCSE maths as well :s
    Kazbo wrote:
    I'd have thought a bookies would have wanted at least GCSE maths as well :s

It's always an advantage. Though most bookies are now computerised, the machine works out odds or payments for you, it's just a case of counting out the cash. I expect cash handling is something they'd assess you on during your interview or probationary period.
    hmm tough one this, one of my best mates is the manager of a StanleyBet shop so i just asked him about this one. he said you'd probably still get an interview without putting the grades on but you would have to be really impressive at interview, also said you would have to do a quite comprehensive maths test at the interview (ive seen one before and it aint that bad).

so best to be prepared for a AMAZING interview.
    koe_182 wrote:
    hmm tough one this, one of my best mates is the manager of a StanleyBet shop so i just asked him about this one. he said you'd probably still get an interview without putting the grades on but you would have to be really impressive at interview, also said you would have to do a quite comprehensive maths test at the interview (ive seen one before and it aint that bad).

so best to be prepared for a AMAZING interview.
    Me and maths :eek:. I best impress the pants off them.
    lea_uk wrote:
    Me and maths :eek:. I best impress the pants off them.

It's nothing hard.

Quick test (feel free to use a calculator):

1) What's 18+29?
    2) What's 45-12?
    3) What's 8x11?
    4) What's 30% of £360?
    5) What's 3x14x6x2?
    6) If I place a £1 stake at 300 to 1 and win what do I get back?
    7) If I place £30 at 210 to 1 and win then what do I get back?
    8) If I place £5 on a multiplier of 33 to 1 and 40 to 1 and both win then what do I get back?
    Answers:
    1) 47
    2) 33
    3) 88
    4) £108
    5) 504
    6) £301 ((1 x 300) +1)
    7) £6330 ((30 x 210) +30)
    8) £6840 ((((5x33) + 5) x40) +40)