Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

oh dear God...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey guys, i'm in my second year at university...

Did absolutely no work last year, but didn't get kicked out...I actually got a 2:1 by cramming in the last few weeks before the exams (somehow!)

This year did even less work throughout the year, and have just started desperate measures of cramming again for this year's exams which count!!!

I guess I thought I could do what I did last year again, and get a good grade this year without working much, & just cramming at the end of it. How wrong was I?? The exam questions are way harder this year, and so are the books I'm doing.

I'm totally stressing out, I really want a 2:1 because I want to go into business, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get one now.

I can't handle the pressure!! I'm terrified!! My exam is in less than a weeks and I feel like I know nothing. :banghead:

I'm so angry at myself for not doing more work beforehand, but I know there's no point...It's too late now.

Is anyone else finding the stress hard to deal with?!!

Nim.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah im proper stressed right now but not for the same reasons!! sorry mate but i dont think many people are gonna have any sympathy for u!!
    if u still got a week left before exams break it down into some serious revision time for ur different modules so at least u may be able to get some done. all i can say is summer resits!!its not the end of the world and it will give u more time to revise if u do fail any exams!
    Eulis is in exactly the same position as you, excpet I don't think he's even started trying to revise yet. Me and a mate have been trying to tell him all year that he should be coming in, but we ddn't get listened to. We'll give him all the help we can, but we've got to think of ourselves as well.

But maybe this is what you need to give you a kick up the arse for the final year. It's still possible to pass the year with a weeks revision, but you'll have to really et stuck into it and if you fail you can always resit.
    yeah...i have been doing LOADS of revision for the past two weeks, to try and make up for things!

and cramming can be pretty effective!

hopefully it'll still be possible to scrape a 2:1!
    nim wrote:
    yeah...i have been doing LOADS of revision for the past two weeks, to try and make up for things!

and cramming can be pretty effective!

hopefully it'll still be possible to scrape a 2:1!

Is it that important you get a 2:1 since it's only ya 2nd year so isn't really counted for much?
    Hey mate,
    I'm in virtually the same position as you. I know how hard it is. For me my lack of work is because I'm so scared of it because I know how much it counts for and I don't feel like I understand it. I've thought about quitting uni so many times, I'm having a miserable time here without the stress of exams and essays. You know that you should be working but you just can't face it. It's very easy for people to say "Well, you should have pulled your finger out." And yeah, I understand the "you brought it on yourself" syndrome.

Well, it's not very constructive. Don't give up hope yet, you can still get it all done. Even if you don't get a 2:1 in this stuff, my uni grades (and I think most do) it on the 7th mark down out of 12 so if you mess up this time, you just have to make sure you do it properly on the rest of your stuff - and trust me I won't be putting myself through this again and I don't think you will either.

As for the stuff you need to do now, I'll make a deal with you. After I have posted this, I am going to get off this website. I am going to pull out my internet cable from my computer, unplug the TV and just work until my first essay is done tonight. When you've read this, close down this website. Unplug your net cable and just crack on. I'll do it and you can too. Don't focus on all the big tasks, I find that overwhelms me and then I lose faith, just set yourself one target. Mine for tonight is that I finish this essay I've started. I've done 1,281 out of 4000-5000. And I'm going now until I've finished. You can do it too.

Good luck! :)
    If you wanted it that badly maybe you should have put the work in all year round...
    trudat.

What I was going to say, you want it, do the work.
    hey kevlar...

thanx so much for your post, that's exactly what i needed!!

i have been relying on cramming since GCSE and have always got good results. this is the first year i've realized that the workload is just way too big to cram for now.

like ya said, from now on it's a different story. i'm not putting myself in this position EVER again!

i'm at KCL and spend way too much time partying and not enough studying! London is so distracting.

right...i'm pulling my internet cable out.......

good luck with your essay by the way!